3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
"Anchor" your characters to your HDRI background with two steps.

Ground shadow .66 (1.0 Default)
Ground Position Y Trans +2.00 (Default Automatic)

Adjust shadow strength to lighting strength
And move ground up if character is sitting on soft ground.

2.jpg

VS Default

1.jpg

For more impact use a clothe plane with many divisions and have it conform to the charter. (Not pictured)
No postwork, used. (Strait from Daz render)

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
IDK! i was just fucking around with geoshells. thought they were decent for what it is but i have no idea whats going on with the lips, they have weird black specks when geoshells are on.​
Geoshells are great for effects like, water drops, oil or other fluids lol.

Just a simple transparency map, the right brush in gimp or photo shop, apply the transparency map as a bump map (Or displacement) and give it the correct shader then slap it on renderotica for 15 bucks.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
View attachment 2888821
View attachment 2888823 View attachment 2888864
IDK! i was just fucking around with geoshells. thought they were decent for what it is but i have no idea whats going on with the lips, they have weird black specks when geoshells are on.​
Geoshells are a copy of the model overlayed on top of it. You get the black specks/lines when you have intersecting geometry, like between the model and the geoshell in this case. Geoshells are stupid. It would be much better to layer shaders instead of doubling the geometry and aplying the effect on the geoshell but thats how DAZ wants to do things.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes