3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DataMining

Sep 26, 2020
Your works are always interesting ! Render, lights, situation...
But Griffindor, no... Sorry, lol !
The same with a real House like Slytherin for example, this would be more interesting, I tought.

But man/what you want, I like your works ! (y) :love:
well its naughty Hermione so had to be Gryffindor XD But yeah could do a Slytherin witch!

• Red Heart
Reactions: HawkyDawky

firogenis80

Oct 11, 2019
THE SANCTUM OF LOST SANDS - FULL 145 pages in 4K out now

The complete story available now on my patreon ( even the small supporter tier will get this ) on my fanbox and on my gumroad too
Its is 145 pages in 4K and it comes in 2 versions as always..one with text and another version without text ( in case you don't like my scenario :D )
find it on :

Join my discord :

Scene (54).jpg Scene (86).jpg Scene (119).jpg

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
Does anyone know why I cant seem to use spotlights and ghost lights together? this has been going on for a while and I've just been lighting my scenes in other ways, but ghost lights are useful so I would like to get them working, This issue is with both SY Invisilights and Iray Ghost Light Kit One I will provide some images below which I hope will show my issue more clear than I can explain

Image one this is just one spotlight that I am basically faking the sun with for demonstration purposes, and the hdri in the background as you can see everything it working fine, the noise clears up relatively quickly and I've got some okay basic lighting going on

Screenshot 2023-09-11 202709.png

Image two this is with one ghost light on from the Iray Ghost Light Kit One kit usually I will perhaps put them near the windows to add a bit of more light to the room, as you can see the spotlight is now just a noisy mess especially compared to above image, If I render like this (I've tried) I'm looking at a very long render, I've also left it for a while to see if it clears up in the viewport, it don't

Screenshot 2023-09-11 202808.png

Image 3 basically same thing as above just with a different product, When I first purchased these products they seemed to work with spotlights fine, as far as I can remember, also I can add mesh lights or point lights and everything works just fine, it's just the spotlights, Oh and just to mention I am using spectral rendering here but the problem is the same with it on or off so that is not the issue. Maybe I'm just being thick and this is to be expected, but surely using ghost lights and spotlight together shouldn't result in this noisy mess and massive increase in render time?

Screenshot 2023-09-11 202906.png

Last edited:

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Does anyone know why I cant seem to use spotlights and ghost lights together? this has been going on for a while and I've just been lighting my scenes in other ways, but ghost lights are useful so I would like to get them working, This issue is with both SY Invisilights and Iray Ghost Light Kit One I will provide some images below which I hope will show my issue more clear than I can explain

Image one this is just one spotlight that I am basically faking the sun with, for demonstration purposes, and the hdri in the background as you can see everything it working fine, the noise clears up relatively quickly and I've got some okay basic lighting going on

View attachment 2922317

Image two this is with one ghost light on from the Iray Ghost Light Kit One kit usually I will perhaps put them near the windows to add a bit of more light to the room, as you can see the spotlight is now just a noisy mess especially compared to above image, If I render like this (I've tried) I'm looking at a very long render, I've also left it for a while to see if it clears up in the viewport, it don't

View attachment 2922323

Image 3 basically same thing as above just with a different product, When I first purchased these products they seemed to work with spotlights fine, as far as I can remember, also I can add mesh lights or point lights and everything works just fine, it's just the spotlights, Oh and just to mention I am using spectral rendering here but the problem is the same with it on or off so that is not the issue. Maybe I'm just being thick and this is to be expected, but surely using ghost lights and spotlight together shouldn't result in this noisy mess and massive increase in render time?

View attachment 2922325

I seem to remember that when 4.20 & VDB's appeared, the currant crop of ghostlights don't work properly. Then this one came out , which should work properly.

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
I seem to remember that when 4.20 & VDB's appeared, the currant crop of ghostlights don't work properly. Then this one came out , which should work properly.
Thanks I will give that one a go, I was under the impression that SY Invisilights were a post 4.20 product though, not sure about the other one I was using though

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Thanks I will give that one a go, I was under the impression that SY Invisilights were a post 4.20 product though, not sure about the other one I was using though

I think it's KindredArts second ghost light set, I'd need to check on when they all came out, but those 2 of yours are older versions...

Reactions: Greengiant3D

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
I think this is normal. I ran a test where with one ghost and two spotlights my render took 28 minutes. With just the ghost it took 17 minutes. With just the two spots it took 8 minutes.
I would be pretty happy with a 28 minute render, In my case if I use a spotlight and ghost lights together its going to take a couple hours at least to clear up the noise, I remove the ghost light or the spotlight from the scene then it will be done in 15 to 30 minutes, It just doesn't seem right to me, I can just use like a mesh light or a point light instead of the spotlight, that solves the issue, I'm just a big fan of spotlights.

Reactions: HawkyDawky
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes