3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Mark Smith update. Mostly trying to increase my render quality. View attachment 2948838 View attachment 2948840

Not bad, first pose is a bit 'eeerr not rightish', plus the outfit textures are awful. The second pose is better, it's more natural, I'm still not sure on the outfit, but that might be me. To improve things try upping the sub D, on objects. Also, make sure your lights are set to cast shadows, that alone will improve the finished render.

Nov 9, 2020
Not bad, first pose is a bit 'eeerr not rightish', plus the outfit textures are awful. The second pose is better, it's more natural, I'm still not sure on the outfit, but that might be me. To improve things try upping the sub D, on objects. Also, make sure your lights are set to cast shadows, that alone will improve the finished render.
Thank you. The first render is from months ago. The subD on everything is at 3 (my pc can't handle much more), so I might need to do something about the bump maps or try to find newer clothing sets. I usually use the shadows that are cast by certain lights by default. Is there a particular setting you use? I see a couple options and can't tell the difference, so I'm doing it wrong.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Thank you. The first render is from months ago. The subD on everything is at 3 (my pc can't handle much more), so I might need to do something about the bump maps or try to find newer clothing sets. I usually use the shadows that are cast by certain lights by default. Is there a particular setting you use? I see a couple options and can't tell the difference, so I'm doing it wrong.
Hd morphs are made for subd 3 going over 3 has almost no perceivable increase in quality unless you really zoom in. There are morphs made for higher subd like android ones.but its mentioned in the advertising. Be careful with hair, eyebrows, beards, raising the subd on them can use a lot of resources and again you might not even be able to tell the difference. I would suggest you get iray memory assistant makes it quite easy to spot the resource hogs.

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021

Just select your light, in Parameter's, Shadow Type (I use Raytraced), & do the same for all your lighting, for best results view in Iray, to see what you'll get in the finished render, once your finished with your lighting you can go back to whichever settings you use while building your scene, you can even run your rendering in that setting, & still have the finished render in Iray, which will help keep things under control, VRAM wise, also use , 'Cutaway' will remove anything outside of the camera view, while keeping your lighting as is, the only things it doesn't touch are HDRI's. The Screenshot is from Perspective view, rather than the camera, of my latest Render post. Screenshot (5791).png

Nov 9, 2020
Just select your light, in Parameter's, Shadow Type (I use Raytraced), & do the same for all your lighting, for best results view in Iray, to see what you'll get in the finished render, once your finished with your lighting you can go back to whichever settings you use while building your scene, you can even run your rendering in that setting, & still have the finished render in Iray, which will help keep things under control, VRAM wise, also use , 'Cutaway' will remove anything outside of the camera view, while keeping your lighting as is, the only things it doesn't touch are HDRI's. The Screenshot is from Perspective view, rather than the camera, of my latest Render post. View attachment 2949399
Thank you. This will speed things up considerably.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes