3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Great render. (y)

If you don't mind me asking, which asset is she? The reason why I ask is that her character skin etc... looks like the same asset used in a game I was playing and I was going to go looking for her anyhow, but it seems like this may be exactly what i am looking for. You can private message me if you don't want anyone to know.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Here is my feeble attempt at finding the perfect Jenna Ortega clone. This one is all Genesis 9 (which I am not liking very much). It is a combination of multiple assets, some in furtherance of an exchange I had with Falcon6 in the Asset Release sub-forum. It took way more work than it needed to and I cannot get any genitalia to stick properly and I have used GPG9, NGV9 and DAZ's own Anatomical Elements.

Here is what I had to do to assemble this render. I am using the body of . I can tell everyone here now that this is not a native G9 morph but rather it is converted from his G8.1 version. Dead givaway is that the default pose is the Genesis 8 'A' pose and not the slightly modified Genesis 9 'A' pose. I moved the body to the corrected 'A' pose before freezing ERC and resaving the morph. The head is from , the issue with this choice is that it is a single morph for the entire character instead of separate head and body morphs. Using , which works on Genesis 9, I separated Head and Body and then saved the resulting morphs. After this I could apply the head morph by itself. Then skin textures come from as they are generally of high quality and a better match than either of the other two donor resources. Once assembled you realize that the resulting character is over 5' 6" tall and Jenna is only 5' 1", I don't like using scale alone to take out that much difference, so used Proportion Height set to -42.0%. None of the currently available hair assets for Genesis 9 match anything for either Wednesday or Jenna, so a combination of , where all geometry except the Bangs are hidden. The second hair asset is Cowgirl Braids and Accessories for Genesis 9 Feminine part of the . The sides of the fly aways are rescaled to 50% of the original size, and only the sides, all the rest of the hair is at 100%. Match the shader used on the two hair assets and you have a pretty good approximation of the Wednesday hair style. It is a shame that all the braided hair and some of the ponytail hair creators place a kink in one of the bones for the braids across the shoulders as this makes it very difficult to use in certain poses. If they would use dForce and set collision parameters correctly there should be no need for the angled bones at all.

JennaO_Test_01_F95.png

Sorry for the long post, I know that most people want to just see the images, but I also learn from others and wanted to contribute in that respect. Maybe it will give someone else a few new ideas so that their renders could improve, as mine have from learning here.

Edited to correct some information and spelling errors.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes