3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Hi Guys! Hoping to get some advice on a render i did in Daz, can anyone give me some feedback or suggestions. Thanks! View attachment 2992040
Normally, I'd simply say "practice and enjoy what you do", but, a few practical hints wouldn't hurt...
1) try to use an, even simplistic, prop, whan possible, or combine foreground environment elements (furniture, items etcetera) and, for full body shots a simply floor panel, with the HDRI dome. Combine that with camera DOF, to focus on the main model(s) of the scene, and generate enough depth, to make the overall render more vivid. How much DOF, depends on your taste, and wether you need the forcus to be dynamic/aggressive or subtle.
2) the make or break detail... eye contact. Luckily, there are a handful of scripts, that do that for you, so the characters have an "alive" eye behavious, instead of that of a doll, blankly staring on... something outside the scene.
3)whenever you are using an HDRI dome for illumination, ALWAYS turn off the camera headlamp. It does add an extra light, yes, but it also flattens any dynamic lighting reactions, that would add a LOT to your render. Combine that with the "1" paragraph. In Iray, and all unbiased render engines, raytracing counts all photon bounces. HDRI domes, acting like a universal light source, don't rebounce incoming light, but objects, without an emmitive value, do. What does that mean? pretty reflections, and color leak over nearby items.
4) finally, try and use a contrasting color scheme between your model and background, when it comes to clothes. In your example case, the pink clothing loses most of its detail value, with all that pink background, but, on a darker one, it would stand out, in a good way.

Reactions: Jumbi

C sin77

Oct 8, 2023
Normally, I'd simply say "practice and enjoy what you do", but, a few practical hints wouldn't hurt...
1) try to use an, even simplistic, prop, whan possible, or combine foreground environment elements (furniture, items etcetera) and, for full body shots a simply floor panel, with the HDRI dome. Combine that with camera DOF, to focus on the main model(s) of the scene, and generate enough depth, to make the overall render more vivid. How much DOF, depends on your taste, and wether you need the forcus to be dynamic/aggressive or subtle.
2) the make or break detail... eye contact. Luckily, there are a handful of scripts, that do that for you, so the characters have an "alive" eye behavious, instead of that of a doll, blankly staring on... something outside the scene.
3)whenever you are using an HDRI dome for illumination, ALWAYS turn off the camera headlamp. It does add an extra light, yes, but it also flattens any dynamic lighting reactions, that would add a LOT to your render. Combine that with the "1" paragraph. In Iray, and all unbiased render engines, raytracing counts all photon bounces. HDRI domes, acting like a universal light source, don't rebounce incoming light, but objects, without an emmitive value, do. What does that mean? pretty reflections, and color leak over nearby items.
4) finally, try and use a contrasting color scheme between your model and background, when it comes to clothes. In your example case, the pink clothing loses most of its detail value, with all that pink background, but, on a darker one, it would stand out, in a good way.

Thanks for the advice and the feedback. i really appreciate it, what HDRI domes do you recommend .

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
PSA: The cockroach trampler shoes are ugly, get her a proper high heel or stiletto :D
Well - taste is fortunately a personal thing :D
I would rather complain that if there is one thing a cyber organism is not going to use - it is heels. Early lesson in robotics will teach you how fucking difficult it will be to teach that micromotor part ;)

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Here's how I ran it...
Want even more speed, by changing the Min Update Samples, it will complete more samples before it displays anything onscreen. Then increase Update Interval (secs) and it theoretically will display less often. My understanding of how this works is similar to the relationship between Max Time and Max Samples, those are whatever we hit first settings, with Min Update Samples and Update Interval it will only display whenever you hit one of those thresholds then reset both counters.

Of course on your render, it likely wouldn't have made any differnce, since the time was already so short, but it can be a significant difference on really dark long renders or on underpowered GPUs.

Reactions: InfamousRebel
Oct 9, 2023
Hi Guys! Hoping to get some advice on a render i did in Daz, can anyone give me some feedback or suggestions. Thanks! View attachment 2992040

Hey ho,

first of all i would say you need to set your focus just a little bit more on the details in your pictures if you are rendering pictures in big resolutions like yours. The first thing i saw in this picture was the hair that is poking through the hand of the model, the second thing was the arm of the jacket on her left arm. The arm looks twisted and it seems like it's overlapping! Maybe you should play a bit with the mesh smoothing of the jacket to fix this problem.
No hate. I'm just being honest.

The lighting is good so far. This image is better than the most things i've seen in some Daz Groups on Facebook or Deviantart.

Just to be clear, i'm just a new member here. Joined today because of my wife. She told me about this page. I'm rendering since 2014.
Check them out. Here are two of them.
at the beach.jpg
Beautiful morning.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes