3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Very nice! On the club asset, do you also have issue with the view getting blacked out? I deleted all the fog instances, but there are areas I cannot have the camera because it's just darkness.
The glass in the ceiling is the issue. The artist presumably didn't quite understand how refraction works since he made it a single plane but failed to make it thin-walled. Interestingly, he setup all the cameras circumventing the black zone in the middle, which is kind of weird when you're selling it while seemingly aware of a debilitating issue you don't know how to fix.

Use the material selection tool, click on the glass embedded in the ceiling, find it in the Surfaces tab, enable thin walled. Or simply change its material to be opaque or fully transparent, or remove it from rendering.

clarbouyant

Mar 1, 2022
The glass in the ceiling is the issue. The artist presumably didn't quite understand how refraction works since he made it a single plane but failed to make it thin-walled. Interestingly, he setup all the cameras circumventing the black zone in the middle, which is kind of weird when you're selling it while seemingly aware of a debilitating issue you don't know how to fix.

Use the material selection tool, click on the glass embedded in the ceiling, find it in the Surfaces tab, enable thin walled. Or simply change its material to be opaque or fully transparent, or remove it from rendering.
Wow. How long did it take you to figure that out? Thanks a lot!

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Wow. How long did it take you to figure that out? Thanks a lot!
First time a few years ago, it was a real head scratcher because it's hard to diagnose when it just looks like iRay broke down. But nowadays when it goes full black and the camera is not stuck in geometry, I always look for passthrough stuff in the scene that can "eat the light" before it reaches the camera (especially if the camera is inside said stuff), glass, true volumetrics etc.

It's still frustrating that it happened because light from the many emissives in that scene should always reach the camera along the shortest direct path.

Reactions: clarbouyant

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
"You think you can handle a harem, huh? And you like doing butt stuff? Let's see how many birthdays and anniversaries you have forgotten since the last Valentine's and then we'll decide who gets to do butt stuff."

Happy Valentine's, my lovely pervs.

Uh-oh.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes