3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Last time I tried my luck with gobo lights for the first time. I went for the classic light-through-blinds effect, but honestly, it looked like shit. Anyway, I've kept trying and I think I've got it better this time around. Same environment as last time, but with my beloved Quinn, from Being a DIK, as the model this time around.

Variation #1: This is using a proper gobo light in an effort to imitate sunlight after passing through horizontal blinds.

quinn009.waiting_for_her_king.gobo_sunlight_through_blinds.png

Variation #2: In this one, there are actual (vertical) blinds in the scene and actual Sun light.

quinn009.waiting_for_her_king.actual_sunlight_through_blinds.png

Stringerbell

Oct 6, 2020
Are you using mesh grabber for the bikini morph?
Nah, it's dForce. If you create simple planes (sphere is probably best) and move them into clothes they will basically drag them along during animated simulation. Here's 1st and last frame of my scene:
1710792602726.png 1710792704106.png

If it explodes you can drop stretch/bend/buckling stiffness to 0.05-0.2 and it should be fine. Probably.

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Last time I tried my luck with gobo lights for the first time. I went for the classic light-through-blinds effect, but honestly, it looked like shit. Anyway, I've kept trying and I think I've got it better this time around. Same environment as last time, but with my beloved Quinn, from Being a DIK, as the model this time around.

Variation #1: This is using a proper gobo light in an effort to imitate sunlight after passing through horizontal blinds.

View attachment 3455965

Variation #2: In this one, there are actual (vertical) blinds in the scene and actual Sun light.

View attachment 3455966
I made a quick tutorial not too long ago on how I light within DAZ, and I gave an example on how I achieved a similar result of a sunlight coming through a window (Example 3).
Here is the link (it's free open to everyone):

Hope it helps you somehow. :)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes