3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

luar111

Nov 11, 2020
Hi there, just like has been said before, it will depends on multiple factors how long a render will take. Since I favor quality over speed I always set my iteration (Passes) at Max (25000) and my time limit to 18000... now why I do this is because I want my renders to be as close to perfect as possible I also set my convergence ratio to 98%. So this means that however long or short, my render will stop when the comparison of the render will converge at 98%. Now if the scene is relatively empty except for the model. It will take just a couple minutes to reach 98% and be done. If I crowd the scene I can expect the render to take considerably longer. Sometimes 2-3 hours. The freedom that leaves me is that I can stop a render and save the file way before 98% if it looks good enough for me. I can always pass the resulting Image into an AI denoiser I got to ''clean up'' the image. If you set your iteration and elapsed time too low, your render might stop and look unfinished. Now the downside to do my way is that you can't do multiple renders at a time and have to monitor it if you're rendering a particularly heavy scene.

As for your specific question, Multiple characters and a whole house loaded in the scene might take a while, depending on your system. One thing that can help lowering the render time, is lets say you render in the living room of the house, you can disable or unload the rest of the house. That way your system doesn't have to hold a whole house in the memory when rendering.

Also, and I can't stress that enough, If you want speed and quality at the same time, you need a very powerful system. Surely a top of the line GPU (Like 4080Ti or 4090). More processing power, means more calculation can be done in a short amount of time. So it equates to more iterations can be calculated per seconds, which means a faster render. It's one of the reasons I render that way. My system isn't beefy enough to churn out renders by the crap load. I sport a measly RTX 3070Ti. So I've got to offset the low processing power with longer render times if I want quality renders. If quality isn't a priority for you and got a nice AI denoiser to pass your renders through after, you can lower the Iteration and Elapsed Time setting. Mainly you'll have to play around with the settings until you find the perfect balance between time and quality for your system.

Hope it helps and happy rendering my friend!
Thank you friend, you have helped me

• Red Heart
Reactions: Spaceballz
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes