3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hi,

View attachment 3927595

What's the best way of lessening the annoying arm shadow cast by the woman's arm?

I set the display to "off" on the cast shadow setting.
That's for 3Delight. I think that there's no way of getting rid of shadows all along in Iray. What you can do, though, is diffusing the light by using geometry. In 'Light Geometry' pick something other than point (rectangle and disc are the most used, I'd say) and then adjust the dimensions of the new geometry. The larger the area the more diffused the light will get and the softer the shadows cast.

This girl looks lika an actress. I know the name and I recall it eventually, but at moment zero point. Anyway very beautiful artwork.
Hehe! Pay attention to the name of the image by hovering over it or just opening it on another tab.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
Hi,

That's for 3Delight. I think that there's no way of getting rid of shadows all along in Iray. What you can do, though, is diffusing the light by using geometry. In 'Light Geometry' pick something other than point (rectangle and disc are the most used, I'd say) and then adjust the dimensions of the new geometry. The larger the area the more diffused the light will get and the softer the shadows cast.

Hehe! Pay attention to the name of the image by hovering over it or just opening it on another tab.
You're so right. I was recently watching a tutorial on lighting with a larger space which adds gradient subtlety.
Made perfect sense in the video I watched.
Yet I'm back to being lazy with spotlights.
Forever chasing my own introduced errors. My issue with I want perfect darkness to add a sense of mood, using larger light sources, but without introducing fireflies. Thanks for the advice again!

Reactions: Jumbi

Donnie Brasco

Dec 15, 2018
Alexandra Daddario... now I remember. Of course I could have googled it, but I really wanted to remember. My comment on the post was written on a mobile phone, which is not the same as on a PC. Anyway, now I see. Only there it says Alessandra, which means it's not her. I mean, it's not Alexandra Daddario. In any case, she really reminded me of her.

Stonks

Aug 17, 2019
Hi guys, sorry for bothering you, any idea if there is an asset like VR headset for G8? I saw that there is one for G3, is that one compatible?

Thank you so much for the help, still a noob, just started using Daz

Troxvi

Mar 9, 2019
Debra Collins

DebraPinupAU.jpg
Pinup of Debra Collins visiting her parents farm.

Featuring from left to right

Debra Collins

If anybody has any situations they would like to see my OC's in, let me know, im all-ways looking for new ideas and inspiration.

I also do commissions and you can support my work on Patreon or Subscribestar or join the free tier to see what i'm working on atm

Image created with Daz studio 4.22 Pro.
Assets acquired from daz3d.com, renderosity.com and renderotica.com
Post-work done in Photoshop.
All characters er made by me.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes