3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
Short question from the sideline.

Has somebody here toyed around with Marvellous Designer? I'm sick of dForce for clothing and I'm thinking of going into the annual subscription. Now the question how often is it feasible to go through the whole import/export process for hobbyists? And another question how good is it in creating weird "clothing" for DAZ like Hishi Karada or clothing that is fixated on a toy?
I use it quite a bit for cloth simulation. In many ways it's better than dforce simply because you can pull on the clothing while it's simulating. The import/export process is super easy once you do it a few times. Some clothing items fall apart in MD and not everything is well suited for it so dforce still has a place in the workflow. Creating clothing is definitely where it shines most and there are tons of tutorials out there to help you learn it.

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Your renders are always good, but don't you think there's something missing?
Depth of field effect can add that extra touch... Also adding some fog to give an appropriate distance effect to things that are far away is something to consider too. The last cars of that train look too sharp. Your images are too "clean".
I don't like DOF because I enjoy making the environments and think they should be seen.

Reactions: Krull
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes