3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
My first time using dforce. Now I have two questions:
  1. the dress is dforce, so is there a way that it "sees" the ground that is drawn through the render settings as a solid ground. So the dress doesn't just clip through, but rather "flows" over the ground? (something to add to this: when I enable auto detect of location of the ground, then it is always a little bit beneath the character model)
  2. the hair also is dforce, but as you can see, it doesn't hang down everywhere and I even had to make some parts invisible with the geometry tool, because the hair sticked to the arms
View attachment 317533
1) The ground in the render settings isn't real so there isn't any surface for d-force to work with. To fix just place a plane primitive to act as the floor during the simulation and then just remove / hide before rendering.
2) To prevent the hair colliding with the arm you need to do some basic animation. To do this create a keyframe on about 10 on the timeline and set the pose as above. Then to prevent the hair clipping just extend the arms out to the side at 0 on the timeline. Hence arms won't hit the hair during the simulation initialisation and then will correct to the pose above by frame 10. Then you just render frame 10 to get the final result.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
1) The ground in the render settings isn't real so there isn't any surface for d-force to work with. To fix just place a plane primitive to act as the floor during the simulation and then just remove / hide before rendering.
2) To prevent the hair colliding with the arm you need to do some basic animation. To do this create a keyframe on about 10 on the timeline and set the pose as above. Then to prevent the hair clipping just extend the arms out to the side at 0 on the timeline. Hence arms won't hit the hair during the simulation initialisation and then will correct to the pose above by frame 10. Then you just render frame 10 to get the final result.
Oh wow, thanks :) I would never thought of using an animation to fix this.

delguy

Apr 3, 2018
"Erica's first time" story continues:
Those who have not seen part 1 and 2 the links are for the pages
Part1-https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/page-595
Part2-https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/page-601

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes