3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
My guess is that the further away you get from 0 0 0, the more "off" everything gets, kind of like if you go really far in Minecraft the numbers start do do weird things. It's mostly apparent around the skull cap and eyes as those usually have geometry that is very close to another bit of geometry. I'm not sure how to remedy the eye situation away but the skull caps usually have an option to expand them which should fix that issue when not near 0 0 0.
On the boy on 0 0 0 still had the problem.. did not test the female.. changed the hair on her anyway.
Maybe it's the hair .. anyway.. manage to fix that by increasing the scale of the hair to 101% or 100.5% or by decreasing the head scale to 99.5%.. you get the point.

Last edited:

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
On the boy on 0 0 0 still had the problem.. did not test the female.. changed the hair on her anyway.
Maybe it's the hair .. anyway.. manage to fix that by increasing the scale of the hair to 101% or 100.5% or by decreasing the head scale to 99.5%.. you get the point.

View attachment 368649

Still rendering on this one.. it's just a test.. 50 iterations and denoised after.
Any feedback on this render please?
If you were talking about the eyes, yes - they are not able to be properly posed in DS not only in close-ups but also in a situation when they have to practically hit the pose limits.

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Oh, those things... They are caused by the hair. I have similar model and simply PhotoChop them if they are visible.

View attachment 368717
Yeah.. aparently it's an Iray bug and it happens when your figure it's to far from the center point of the scene x, y , z 0, 0, 0.
In this case not sure if that's the problem.. or what is it.. my fix was to increase the scale on hair a bit..

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Yeah.. aparently it's an Iray bug and it happens when your figure it's to far from the center point of the scene x, y , z 0, 0, 0.
In this case not sure if that's the problem.. or what is it.. my fix was to increase the scale on hair a bit..
No, no - it is just a result of the combined morphs of the head and the hair. If you use unmorphed hair and the standard G3 (in my case) head, they will not appear. Just a little bit of poke-through.

If you checked the scene with the spot render before rendering those poke-through may not appear. now this is already really a bug of IRay - actually some of the poke-through are visible only on the full renders and not a trace of them in the spot render.

Last edited:

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
No, no - it is just a result of the combined morphs of the head and the hair. If you use unmorphed hair and the standard G3 (in my case) head, they will not appear. Just a little bit of poke-through.
if you say so..

Screenshot 2019-08-10 20.14.55.png
this is on 0, 0, 0

1565464553897.png
and this is on 1000, 1000, 1000

Standard g3 male, standard hair nothing touched.
Maybe the head/hair morphs does have an impact.. dunno.. don't care.. it's annyoing sometimes..

Last edited:

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
if you say so..

View attachment 368737
this is on 0, 0, 0

View attachment 368736
and this is on 1000, 1000, 1000

Standard g3 male, standard hair nothing touched.
Maybe the head/hair morphs does have an impact.. dunno.. don't care.. it's annyoing sometimes..
I noticed if I move some slider of the hair in this place, the poke-through disappears. But it is just more easy to click once upon the spot with a healing brush; not needed to use Photoshop; Gimp can do the same.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Talking Chinese today..
View attachment 368712
This is caused by the hair cap not fitting the head correctly. Most hair assests are designed to apply to specific characters and shapes, say like Michael 8 or a few general releases. If you do custom morphs, or combine head shapes, etc, you run into this. It's happened to me many times before. You'll need to go into the parameters of the hair asset and find adjustments and make whatever adjustments are necessary. That could be increasing the cap size of the hair, increasing the width, etc. Make adjustments and do an iray preview and keep expanding and adjusting as necessary until they all go away.

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
This is caused by the hair cap not fitting the head correctly. Most hair assests are designed to apply to specific characters and shapes, say like Michael 8 or a few general releases. If you do custom morphs, or combine head shapes, etc, you run into this. It's happened to me many times before. You'll need to go into the parameters of the hair asset and find adjustments and make whatever adjustments are necessary. That could be increasing the cap size of the hair, increasing the width, etc. Make adjustments and do an iray preview and keep expanding and adjusting as necessary until they all go away.
Ok.. I understand that.. hair/head morphs not compatibile etc.

I don't understand why the same figure, same pose, same morphs, same hair can glitch when the figure it's not on the center.

Reactions: Huitieme
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes