3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

malakain

May 5, 2018
Anagenessis 2 works fine on Genesis 8,
Combined with this
Thanks, I will see how they combine, and if I can fix the problem.

ok I will try to take a stab at this. I am not 100% sure but it looks like you might want to get a UV converter like...

See if that helps. Again I am not too sure
Interesting, it is a possible solution. Thank you very much for the information

Skin Builder 8 modifies the texture maps themselves. Hence changes the image files themselves.
Anagenesis, Altern 8 modifies the skin settings, however doesn't change the texture maps.

The result above is because the base asset texture maps applied to the model being incompatible with the Anagenesis skin shader settings. Looks like the asset texture map may be missing a bump map.

I typically use Skinbuilder 8 and Altern 8. To start, I grab an unmodified skin asset and apply to a model, use Altern 8 and then render (to check whether it looks decent). I then use Skin Builder 8 to add additional details / features to the texture maps.
In the picture I used Victoria 8 HD (with the HD addon). Do you know how i can fix the problem with the skin? I'm going to try the metohd you use.
Thank you very much for the answers.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
In the picture I used Victoria 8 HD (with the HD addon). Do you know how i can fix the problem with the skin? I'm going to try the metohd you use.
Skin shader presets such as Anagenesis don't necessarily make the character skin look better. They are merely changing the skin settings, which is something you can do manually yourself. If the skin shader doesn't improve the look, then simply don't use it with the active skin. Given you are using Victoria 8 skin, I would suggest Altern 8 if you have it, as it has a customised set of shader settings specifically for that model skin. Essentially the people that created Altern 8 played with the skin settings until they achieved something that they liked and then saved those setting for use by others.

PS: Victoria 8 HD addon is a figure geometry tweak and does not change the skin at all.

Reactions: malakain
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes