3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Hey thanks im going to check out this denoiser.
Oh one tip beforehand, render your images in a higher resolution than you want for your final image. This way fine details become larger and weren't removed by the denoiser. Rescale it after the denoising process.

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
The lighting is not THAT bad. And it's nothing you couldn't rescue via post. Same goes for the noise. Nvidia Denoiser: https://f95zone.to/threads/nvidia-ai-denoiser-2-3.35677/
In the Asset Thread should be a link to a postwork denoiser for other chipsets too.
Hey thanks im going to check out this denoiser.
Is it just me or I'm the only one who likes the intel denoiser more than the nvidia?

nvidia:
431440_EditedHenrike_Nude_Mirror_Test_1_nvidia.png

vs

intel:
431440_EditedHenrike_Nude_Mirror_Test_1_intel.png

Check the walls, the mirror frame or even the hair side by side.

https://f95zone.to/search/29960533/...odes]=1&c[nodes][0]=95&c[title_only]=1&o=date
In 90% of my denoised renders kinda got better results on the intel ones.. Usually I tend to denoise with both and just compare..
There's a script posted on the comments there that makes it even easier.. just drag and drop and no more batch to edit.
https://f95zone.to/threads/nvidia-ai-denoiser-2-3.35677/page-3#post-2333223

The only downside on the intel.. it take double the time to denoised.. so from a 5-15 seconds (if you have a +4k render resolution) you ll have to wait 10-30 seconds to wait..o_O

Last edited:

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Is it just me or I'm the only one who likes the intel denoiser more than the nvidia?

nvidia:
View attachment 417653

vs

intel:
View attachment 417652

Check the walls, the mirror frame or even the hair side by side.

https://f95zone.to/search/29960533/...odes]=1&c[nodes][0]=95&c[title_only]=1&o=date
In 90% of my denoised renders kinda got better results on the intel ones.. Usually I tend to denoise with both and just compare..
There's a script posted on the comments there that makes it even easier.. just drag and drop and no more batch to edit.
https://f95zone.to/threads/nvidia-ai-denoiser-2-3.35677/page-3#post-2333223
They look pretty similar to me, b/c of the low resolution before denoising. :unsure:
And the mentioned script, does it work with the recent version of the nvidia denoiser?
EDIT: Yes, the script works with the most recent versions of both denoisers. And it seems that the Intel denoiser is less agressive.

Last edited:

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Good that you mentioned about recent versions.. yeah just tested on the 2.4 nvidia and 1.2 intel and works well..

hair.png

wall.png

The wall maybe it's not the best example..
Recently I had a render with a girl with freckles or body hair.. you know.. some small skin improvemets but at the end it will make a big difference.. on wall nobody gives a shit.. anyway some body hair or freckles disappeard on the nvidia or make it to look weird..

PS: nvidia left, intel right.
More black lines on the hair and makes hair a bit more real and more detailed
Wall again it's missing many paint bumps .. not sure how it's called in english.
my ideea was: nvidia does a good job as well but hides lots of texture details that you won't wanna miss in some renders.. maybe not in this particular one.

//
Anyway.. I'm done with this:
It's another 30 mb plus.. add the addon, wait another 10 seconds.. you get 2 denoised renders and use the one you like :LOL:

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017
:love: :love: :love: :love:
Extremely Yummy!!
Thank you :)

I'm currently rendering a scene that pushed my comfort zone a bit and i'm really proud of. There is so many assets involved that it is rendering sooo slow ( only 1256 iterations done after 15 hours rendering ) my little gpu can't handle it :p

1570059991898.png

I should add that I have also been rendering a 280 frame animation for the past 7 days at the same time

SecsMurphy

Dec 25, 2018
Thank you :)

I'm currently rendering a scene that pushed my comfort zone a bit and i'm really proud of. There is so many assets involved that it is rendering sooo slow ( only 1256 iterations done after 15 hours rendering ) my little gpu can't handle it :p

View attachment 417833

I should add that I have also been rendering a 280 frame animation for the past 7 days at the same time
donkey.jpg
This is how I will forever imagine your computer :)

Jul 8, 2017
View attachment 417846
This is how I will forever imagine your computer :)
It's actually a really high end rig, for gaming/streaming. Making renders look good relies heavily heavily on GPU power it seems and I have no post work process I do everything in DAZ and what comes out is what I post. I just need to get a couple more gpu's and I think I will be set. Currently only running 1 x GTX 1080ti 11GB OC. The rest is: i7 8700k OC (delided) to 5000ghz, maximus x formula LGA1151, G Skill trident Z 8gb x 4.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
It's actually a really high end rig, for gaming/streaming. Making renders look good relies heavily heavily on GPU power it seems and I have no post work process I do everything in DAZ and what comes out is what I post. I just need to get a couple more gpu's and I think I will be set. Currently only running 1 x GTX 1080ti 11GB OC. The rest is: i7 8700k OC (delided) to 5000ghz, maximus x formula LGA1151, G Skill trident Z 8gb x 4.
You already have a high end rig go into advanced settings in DAZ and set it like this just uncheck the CPU box for some reason DAZ likes to dump things on the CPU
1570068850694.png

It doesn't matter how much VRAM you have, for a single figure and background a 1080ti should be able to handle it without any problem, I would set it up like this and see how much faster it works, also if DAZ doesn't see your card try updating to the latest drivers as that's a problem as well, but you shouldn't be rendering solely on your CPU with that kind of rig.
Speed of render on DAZ relies on CUDA cores, it swallows VRAM on how intricate the scene is (how many figures and the resolution of the textures)
Hope this helps
Larry5168

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Follows Larry5168's image, but tests the cpu alone and then the 1080ti and keeps the fastest on an identical rendering. The 1080 on daz is still a little bit of shit.
Considering the number of ram you have left the 2 boxes checked for rendering with lots of characters and lots of texture, its number quickly enough on daz.
If you only use your graphics card your 8x4gb will no longer be used when the rendering and would be silly.
Otherwise there are these nvidia drivers made supposedly for the 3d. and it doesn't stop playing :

Last edited:
Reactions: larry5168

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
Before:

After:

(too large to post)

not a big fan of the steam asset, and i stopped the render early to redo it but posting anyways

edit: rendering the third edit now
Oh god she is gorgeous! may i ask who is the main base model ?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes