3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I used shaders from OOT IrayPair Hair Shader, but my result is clearly different from outoftouch :ROFLMAO:
I use OOT myself too and I found in the description a reson why it could fail on some newer hairs. The UV map. Those universal hairshader presets are designed for vanilla planes, if the hairprop uses a custom plane instead, the textures got distorted and that is, what it looks to me, with this hair.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lexx228

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
I use OOT myself too and I found in the description a reson why it could fail on some newer hairs. The UV map. Those universal hairshader presets are designed for vanilla planes, if the hairprop uses a custom plane instead, the textures got distorted and that is, what it looks to me, with this hair.
It’s the direction of the textures. Colorwerks has some tools for checking those issues. I have the lustre shaders for those problem hairs, but haven’t had the time to try yet with this product, which I just bought last week.

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
It’s the direction of the textures.
Can you reapply the cutout map, only, from the Goldtassel material after you have applied the OOT shader?
cutout map is always from the developer (Goldtassel), it seems the problem with the opacity settings, and there are 11 parameters require manual configuration
hair3.png
ps:guys, thanks for the tips (without you I wouldn't have to deal with this, because I'm lazy :LOL: )

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Does anyone have some good ( suggested ) daz tutorials?

[...]
Video or readable?
Video:

Conquer 3d now vol.1
Conquer 3d now vol.2
Portraits

(I prefer the Shader, Material and Modeling Tutorials from Arki as well as Esha here.)

Readable:

DA in general has some good tutorials in the Iray groups

Last edited:

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
cutout map is always from the developer (Goldtassel), it seems the problem with the opacity settings, and there are 11 parameters require manual configuration
View attachment 431868
ps:guys, thanks for the tips (without you I wouldn't have to deal with this, because I'm lazy :LOL: )
Yeah, and that’s why you often have to crank it up to 1.5-2.0 with pre-iray hairs, like I mentioned a couple of pages back. I don’t think that’s why this hair gets fucked, though. I might have time to play with it later today and see what works.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes