3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Troxvi

Mar 9, 2019
So many awsome renders in the thread! Figured i'd post up the first ever few character/portrait style renders i've done - so much to learn. Oh and please excuse the transparency, totally forgot I saved them as .png's. Was going for a 'spoilt rebel' on the first one here. Hair's shot though...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bit of an asian inspiration here.
Comfy girl-next-door? Random assortment of 'I wonder what happens when...'

Not sure on the faces / expressions - 'specially the eyes. Anything else that needs working on? Critique away!
The eyes on the last one kinda freaks me out. Not sure if its the color or lack of expresion. Really like the middle one tho.
The one problem to me, is the floating and gravity defying hair. I spend way too much time obssesing over it on my own renders. Sometimes you just cant get it conform to the laws of gravity due to limitations of the assets. There are 2 non-standard ways you can try to get some more possiblilities to move it. One is to go into the paremeters for the slider and turning off "use limit". The other one is more of a gamble, run the Fit Control script on the hair asset. Sometimes it gives you a few sliders more to work with, but its meant for clothing so the label wont make sense. All in all pretty cool renders all 3.

Reactions: Alrotha

Alrotha

Jun 7, 2017
Sapphire looks like Greta Thunberg who accidentally saw a steak.
... Now i can't not see it.:oops:
The eyes on the last one kinda freaks me out. Not sure if its the color or lack of expresion. Really like the middle one tho.
The one problem to me, is the floating and gravity defying hair. I spend way too much time obssesing over it on my own renders. Sometimes you just cant get it conform to the laws of gravity due to limitations of the assets. There are 2 non-standard ways you can try to get some more possiblilities to move it. One is to go into the paremeters for the slider and turning off "use limit". The other one is more of a gamble, run the Fit Control script on the hair asset. Sometimes it gives you a few sliders more to work with, but its meant for clothing so the label wont make sense. All in all pretty cool renders all 3.
Totally agree - the expression on that last one (which was my first ever) is just way too far up uncanny-valley, the closer you look the worse it gets! Also, thanks for the tips. I did see the 'fit to...' option, and was quite leery. Automagic things tend to automagic in strange ways sometimes.

Troxvi

Mar 9, 2019
... Now i can't not see it.:oops:

Totally agree - the expression on that last one (which was my first ever) is just way too far up uncanny-valley, the closer you look the worse it gets! Also, thanks for the tips. I did see the 'fit to...' option, and was quite leery. Automagic things tend to automagic in strange ways sometimes.
I think you might be misunderstanding, im talking about this script Fit control.

Reactions: Alrotha
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes