3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xpressive

Nov 30, 2019
Curious what your render time was and what GPU(s) you are running. Designing my renderbeast and if I go Mac Pro I only have OctaneX available as my render engine...at least starting out. If I go Linux/Windoze I am looking at (2) nVidia GEForce EVGA RTX 2080 Ti and lots of options, but Windoze sucks and I am really rusty at Linux. Meantime many of my scenes are just too intense for my laptop to render.
I started using DAZ as I felt I wanted to learn something new as a hobby. Octane took 1 hr to process thanks to my Laptop with 1050 Ti and 16 GB RAM and have heard that this is not good config. But cant buy a new one so will use this to see what it can do with scenes I may want to render.

Also looking for guidance to learn on how to use lighting better. I am not very good with this stuff so thanks for any tips. A hobbyist want to learn to improve his skill.

Thanks,
Cr8Tech

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
I started using DAZ as I felt I wanted to learn something new as a hobby. Octane took 1 hr to process thanks to my Laptop with 1050 Ti and 16 GB RAM and have heard that this is not good config. But cant buy a new one so will use this to see what it can do with scenes I may want to render.

Also looking for guidance to learn on how to use lighting better. I am not very good with this stuff so thanks for any tips. A hobbyist want to learn to improve his skill.

Thanks,
Cr8Tech
Yeah pretty similar to my old Macbook Pro... and no Octane...New MacBook Pro is even worse for DAZ With AMD GPU even though I have 32GB RAM an 4TB SSD drive. The SSD doesn't have a big impact on DAZ because of how it works.
lol

Thanx!

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
How do you get the rectangle to show white in the viewport? Mine are always black, just curious I dont think it actually affects
the lighting
View attachment 484983
Some things are already done:

You applied a white color on debug mat and you have a good things. And dont need a spotlight.

This a best iray light for me and it's not very greedy when it comes to rendering.

Reactions: HoneyMan

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
How do you get the rectangle to show white in the viewport? Mine are always black, just curious I dont think it actually affects
the lighting
Oh I think it's because I use spectral rendering and gamma correction, my lumens are super high (so super white, and so is the light pane), but like you say it doesn't affect the lights at all, it's just visual.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes