3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I do also save a scene, but just the "base", then do pose-variations and save just the additional poses, so it is easy to create some sort of "timeline" from one pose to another, without having to load the whole scene every time.
So, generally, there is one scene and x-sum of poses to that. If I do dforce, I usually save that in its own scene.

The part that was "going wrong" with my initial post, was my habit of backing up my render & scene-dirs to an external source every now and then and pulling the latest files from its original network share to be locally available on the daz-machine. I do that with a batch-script mirroring using robocopy or rsync and let that run in the background while having the daz-session, so most of the time, my dirs are in sync.
Problem was, I was not attentive enough. I initially write and load the scene & pose-files to the network-share, and do not have them locally until I sync again. This time, I unfortunately set my net-share as target, and therefore the additional new files were purged. And had also not been backuped, as it was also running ... from the netshare to backup.

Long story concerning no real problems, just five poses and one scene for nothing. :cool:
I have an external HDD I back up to monthly (or try to).

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I have an external HDD I back up to monthly (or try to).
That is why i use a network share AND external HD. You just have to be a little aware what you do, and being tired does not help. Robocopy/rsync come very hand for this purpose, you do not need any additional backup-software and can do your backups very detailed and specific, and the best part: it runs in background as long as you want, and syncs every x min and/or every x filechange to or from a network or another device. You can do SOOOOOO much tasks automatic and for zero coin, if you know your way around windows/linux.
For example, you could command windows to automatically start a sync-task, if you attach a specific Harddrive.
Or (like I do) you get your system to save the temporarily by DAZ created renders automatically to a specific directory, name them according to what you like, keep a backup of this "raw"-file and let it denoise, resize it, put filters on it, or text, or copyright (imagemagick is your friend there). Tons of possibilities, and all for no extra coin!

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I like that blurriness to some degree, it gives a kind of "cheap camera/dirty lens" effect. Would not do the entirety of renders that way, but in this case, I like it!

Here be the original render, just downscaled and the postwork one. Keep in mind, this time around no actual values were taken in mind, nor did I try to emulate a specific look. I just think the original looks WAY too plasticy for my liking. Especially the face.

Not that the postwork is anything to talk about really, but I think a lot better than the plain render, at least for the 2 minutes it took to make. It has some kind of a 'Vogue' look to it. Though stuff that try to emulate a specific look, usually take much, much more than 2 minutes.

test6_o.png

test6.png

Last edited:

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
As my last post was showing renders from some time ago, I picked up the scene again and worked with it again, with creating poses in mind, so there is not that much atmosphere and surrounding scene. Neither is pressure to surfaces or boy/body.
Nice renders nonetheless, so I put some of them here.
If you want to see them all (so far, I think there will be more in the future), go here and look at them.

serves_right_and_left_02_smllish.jpg
serves_right_and_left_21_smllish.jpg
serves_right_and_left_19_smllish.jpg serves_right_and_left_24_smllish.jpg serves_right_and_left_34_smllish.jpg serves_right_and_left_41_smllish.jpg Here are more

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Here be the original render, just downscaled and the postwork one. Keep in mind, this time around no actual values were taken in mind, nor did I try to emulate a specific look. I just think the original looks WAY too plasticy for my liking. Especially the face.

Not that the postwork is anything to talk about really, but I think a lot better than the plain render, at least for the 2 minutes it took to make. It has some kind of a 'Vogue' look to it. Though stuff that try to emulate a specific look, usually take much, much more than 2 minutes.

View attachment 3316437

View attachment 3316538
looks quite nice, and you chose a very cute model :)
Lighting sets the scene, plastic-y skin or hyper realistic; wrong light - not so beautiful picture.
Effects do add to it, but the light is the real sorcery!

holip00

Dec 18, 2018

View attachment 3316437

View attachment 3316538
Nice looking renders, since you got talents doing postwork why not render to canvases if you aren't already doing that?
Much easier to adjust lights and pretty much everything else after, i wish I would have access to photoshop when do more than
stalk the forums

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Nice looking renders, since you got talents doing postwork why not render to canvases if you aren't already doing that?
Much easier to adjust lights and pretty much everything else after, i wish I would have access to photoshop when do more than
stalk the forums

Because...I'd rather get the lighting proper and adjust texture than to rely on postwork. I'm still learning and if I leave everything as "to-be-fixed" I'll just grow lazy :D

I do have however experience in both 3d-modeling and photography, so I have an understanding on how to set up the lights in 3d space.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes