3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
This is definitely a good render!

Welcome to the fold and I'm sorry, because it's a deep place. I figured it would be a fun hobby and here I am $2k+ in deep with computer hardware and assets. Plus lots of debt :KEK:

Some things to keep in mind that there is a lot to learn, but the biggest hurdle is lighting.

It will be your biggest pain in the ass but you CAN get it right, I promise.

Read up on Tone Mapping settings! This will save your ass from doing a bunch of post work!

So think of when you create a Camera in Daz, you are creating a real world Camera.

So if you look up digital photography courses, that information can translate into Daz Studio as well.

Most PAs (Published Artists) don't even light their scenes properly, they just change the Lumens until it looks right.

The Reddit post I linked explains it better than me but a good rule to follow is outside 12-13 Exposure Value. Indoors is 6-7 EV.

You only need so much light while inside a place, but I digress because I could go on. You will watch a bunch of tutorials and learn a lot.

You will then learn when to break the rules. Don't be afraid to experiment either.

As for the first render, throw in an HDRI and you'll get better lighting for the scene. You should have Maui as a background if I remember correctly. You should find them in Light Presets.

Good luck on your Daz journey!

Tuungi

Jan 3, 2023
This is definitely a good render!

Welcome to the fold and I'm sorry, because it's a deep place. I figured it would be a fun hobby and here I am $2k+ in deep with computer hardware and assets. Plus lots of debt :KEK:

Some things to keep in mind that there is a lot to learn, but the biggest hurdle is lighting.

It will be your biggest pain in the ass but you CAN get it right, I promise.

Read up on Tone Mapping settings! This will save your ass from doing a bunch of post work!

So think of when you create a Camera in Daz, you are creating a real world Camera.

So if you look up digital photography courses, that information can translate into Daz Studio as well.

Most PAs (Published Artists) don't even light their scenes properly, they just change the Lumens until it looks right.

The Reddit post I linked explains it better than me but a good rule to follow is outside 12-13 Exposure Value. Indoors is 6-7 EV.

You only need so much light while inside a place, but I digress because I could go on. You will watch a bunch of tutorials and learn a lot.

You will then learn when to break the rules. Don't be afraid to experiment either.

As for the first render, throw in an HDRI and you'll get better lighting for the scene. You should have Maui as a background if I remember correctly. You should find them in Light Presets.

Good luck on your Daz journey!
Thanks for the tip mistah!
I'll watch a few photgraphy tutorials and tips before bed tonight, and test it out tomorrow after work :)
I sincerely appreciate peeps like you! Make it so much easier to understand where to go next! :D

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes