3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
So I wanted to share a rendering tip I found out, maybe you all already know about this, and if so great! If not then here is what I recently learned.

When rendering a scene, a room for example and let's say you have a living room, with 2 couches, a chair a rug and a bookshelf with books and a lamp

So if you turn off any object in your scene that is not directly in your viewport it will dramatically speed up your render.

Because Iray calculates everything in your scene even the stuff that is not being rendered. So when you turn off the stuff in the scene that is not in the viewport, iray does not calculate it.

This even helps when rendering people. if you turn off the different parts of the limbs that are not being rendered it can help a huge amount

Anyway, just thought I would pose this.
You should really look up section planes. They can cut off literally everything that's not visible in the viewport, I started using them recently and they really improved my render times and lighting indoor scenes with HDRis great amount. Only thing to be careful about is shadows cause they cut off even geometry which would cast them.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
You should really look up section planes. They can cut off literally everything that's not visible in the viewport, I started using them recently and they really improved my render times and lighting indoor scenes with HDRis great amount. Only thing to be careful about is shadows cause they cut off even geometry which would cast them.
Thanks will look them up. :)

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Thanks will look them up. :)
Here's example. Indoor scene with no windows and no added lights except the HDRi.
dasx47.jpg
I'm using paper tiger's x-ray camera preset, just have it parented to my own camera. When I move the camera, planes move with it and cut off everything not in the view port, so I don't have to hide them myself, makes the work much easier. Also it cuts off just part of the object that is not in the viewport and leaves the rest.
splanes.JPG
This doesn't give you exactly realistic lighting, but for a scene with 100 pictures like this one, it's good enough and cuts the time producing it significantly.

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
Joel's basement - 2

Blowjob - 2 cans of food
Swallow - 3 cans of food
Cunt - 5 cans of food
Anal - 8 cans of food
Double Dip - 10 cans of food

Ellie_Basement_03.jpg

Ellie_Basement_03_crt.jpg

Variation without bodystocking available for my patrons. If you like my artwork, so don't be shy - join my Discord and consider supporting me with a small donation on Patreon. You are very welcome and my heartfelt thanks are guaranteed.

PikZik

Oct 3, 2020
I'm using paper tiger's x-ray camera preset, just have it parented to my own camera. When I move the camera, planes move with it and cut off everything not in the view port, so I don't have to hide them myself, makes the work much easier. Also it cuts off just part of the object that is not in the viewport and leaves the rest.
What product do you use? Is it "Paper Tiger’s Precision HDRI Lighting"?

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
What product do you use? Is it "Paper Tiger’s Precision HDRI Lighting"?
Think he has the camera preset in precision and ideal pack but I'm not sure. They are the same either way.

Reactions: PikZik
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes