3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

FixMatik

Jan 6, 2021
Nice work. What are the specs on that potato of yours? How long did this take to render?
Dude.... Painful to even talk about. Old Nvidia GT 710, AMD Phenom X4 955 3200Mhz.
All CPU rendering. The above was FOUR hr render time.

Harware hand-me-downs welcome! LOL

Reactions: bb888

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Dude.... Painful to even talk about. Old Nvidia GT 710, AMD Phenom X4 955 3200Mhz.

Allow me to make you feel slightly better... My rendertimes are minimum 6hrs and sometimes go up to 18hrs.
I run a Nvidia GTX660 gpu (which usually gets bypassed and switched to cpu) Keep at it, your above pic looks really nice. I love your rich background. This one rendered for 16hrs and still needed some photoshop work to do some noise reduction and level adjustments.
Caroline Fiat 500 Tuscany M.JPG
Edit: #Potatosquad

Last edited:

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018

I'm CPU only as well. Try working more with HDRI's instead of lights. Obviously some lights may be needed, but full HDRI will speed things up.

FixMatik

Jan 6, 2021
Allow me to make you feel slightly better... My rendertimes are minimum 6hrs and sometimes go up to 18hrs.
I run a Nvidia GTX660 gpu (which usually gets bypassed and switched to cpu) Keep at it, your above pic looks really nice. I love your rich background. This one rendered for 16hrs and still needed some photoshop work to do some noise reduction and level adjustments.
Love it! I almost always need some post touch-ups in PS. Levels and Imaginomics noiseware.
Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully I'll be able to hopefully get some hardware upgrades saved up for. I'll sometimes have to wait 15 minutes after a slight tweak in a scene just for the IRAY preview viewport to update. (if it doesn't just lock up)

Reactions: Willibrordus

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
hey! potato Squad! I'm on a Dell i3. Mine take 4-6hrs on complicated pics.
You're on to something here, we could start a group called the Potato Squad for creators that have lower end hardware that bypasses their respective bottleneck gpu or doesn't even have one on board and need to find workarounds to get some results. we can learn a lot from eachother. :cool:

FixMatik

Jan 6, 2021
You're on to something here, we could start a group called the Potato Squad for creators that have lower end hardware that bypasses their respective bottleneck gpu or doesn't even have one on board and need to find workarounds to get some results. we can learn a lot from eachother. :cool:
#PotatoSquad! Dig it! Team Tandy TRS-80 lol. "CUDAless and Ruthless"

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Laura_01_MrVargas.jpg

This beautiful lady is Laura from Oopsy Daisy. If you haven't tried the game yet, I recommend you try it right away. The developers are very friendly and their games are really promising. If you like their games please consider supporting them.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes