3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
Hi guys, I want to figure out if I enjoy making a game so I started creating a character to create some scenes I have in mind. Before diving into it too deep I'd appreciate your feedback. I'm not that happy with her hair (seems a bit high on her head), her eyes seem a bit dead and her skin is too perfect and too dry like she took a bath in makeup powder. Any advice on how to improve her? I would really appreciate your input.
feedback_pic.jpg

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
Hi guys, I want to figure out if I enjoy making a game so I started creating a character to create some scenes I have in mind. Before diving into it too deep I'd appreciate your feedback. I'm not that happy with her hair (seems a bit high on her head), her eyes seem a bit dead and her skin is too perfect and too dry like she took a bath in makeup powder. Any advice on how to improve her? I would really appreciate your input.
View attachment 1389933
Ask and it will be given to you :D
Your character is fine, but looks kinda "standard", at least for my taste. It can fit in a VN, but for a main character I'd put a bit more personality in it. There are many nice morphing packs for body and face to give a simple G8F a unique look. I'm not a fan of the hair either, but mostly because of it's quality. Some hair assets provide their own hairline adjustment, otherwise some head morphs can help. Regarding the skin you can look for other character assets. Even if the shaping doesn't meet your requirements the skin can be used separately on the G8F. Furter improvements for a bit more structure can be done via the bump map value in the "surfaces" pane. More imperfections and other stuff can be done with Skin Builder and, if you have saved the surfaces from SB in your dedicated folder, with Photoshop or any other image editing software.
Edit (forgot about the dead eyes): This is often solved with rotating the perspective a bit and the pose the eyes back to the camera/viewer, so the pupils aren't exactly centered in the eye hole. A different eye color can also help sometimes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: XenoFash and Lobbly

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
View attachment 1389933
Have a look thru anyother figures you have, to add a little shine to her skin, play around with the settings on her hair, you should be able to tweak it to your liking. As to her eyes, a little make-up & expression can work miracles on eyes. There are also some lighting add-ons to highlight the eyes.

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
Ask and it will be given to you :D
Your character is fine, but looks kinda "standard", at least for my taste. It can fit in a VN, but for a main character I'd put a bit more personality in it. There are many nice morphing packs for body and face to give a simple G8F a unique look. I'm not a fan of the hair either, but mostly because of it's quality. Some hair assets provide their own hairline adjustment, otherwise some head morphs can help. Regarding the skin you can look for other character assets. Even if the shaping doesn't meet your requirements the skin can be used separately on the G8F. Furter improvements for a bit more structure can be done via the bump map value in the "surfaces" pane. More imperfections and other stuff can be done with Skin Builder and, if you have saved the surfaces from SB in your dedicated folder, with Photoshop or any other image editing software.
Edit (forgot about the dead eyes): This is often solved with rotating the perspective a bit and the pose the eyes back to the camera/viewer, so the pupils aren't exactly centered in the eye hole. A different eye color can also help sometimes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks you very, very much! :giggle: I will update her soon according to your guidance.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
View attachment 1389933
For the main character you need to make sure the hair is easily posable (thank me later). you don't want her hair sticking into the air when she is looking up for instance. I have literally rejected hairstyles because they don't have great options for posing them. Or go with a updo hairstyle saves a lot of trouble. (my female lead will often wear her hair in a bun for instance)

I agree with the other poster that you might want to make her stand out a little more (although I might not be the best example there). It is probably the first your players will see when they check out the game. If not by the banner of the game then by the screenshots where she will most likely feature heavily. (Not that she looks bad but there are a lot of similar girls in these type of games out there. which might make it harder for your game to stand out.) When looking at games to play I go by screenshots first, then tags and if you have convinced me so far I will read the synopsis and make a final decision to play or not play the game. So there are a lot of steps before I play a game and you need to grab my attention at every step.
Anandi 5_HD.png Charlotte 1_HD.png PC Fam 2A_Camera.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes