Daz3d Tips for optimizing animation's?

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Did you ever have a fucked up morph that changed the look of all of your characters? Then, and only then do you know the real pain :LOL::oops::eek::mad:
best things is when you do whole scene all renders postprocessing and things around and after you find out one of characters has another clothes on, than scene before :D this is the times when I want to end with all this shit :D

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
OR... or .... or you see that damn fucking finger clipping into the other character and its ALWAYS in such a place you'll notice it right away.. never something small...

best things is when you do whole scene all renders postprocessing and things around and after you find out one of characters has another clothes on, than scene before :D this is the times when I want to end with all this shit :D

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hi mates,

As feedback I managed to do a workaround to the CPU rendering. I listened to you and I deleted the unnecessary assets but I also unchecked the OptixPrime Acceleration and with the Genesis 8 models (I had two in the scene) I change the mesh resolution to Base.

It is rendering for 12 hours but for the next animation, I will reduce the time. Now I've set the timeline to 3 seconds.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Not only that some poses change the size of your chars... yep, it's a true story...
Ya, some PA's aren't real careful about what their poses set. (Some always jump the character to 0,0,0, for example.)

You can get around this - hold down the CTRL key when you double-click on the pose, and you'll get a pop-up that controls what portions of the pose get applied. Uncheck all the "Translation" and "Scale" options and leave just the "Rotation."

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
have a key frame every 4 frames, and only render the key frames to images, and then virtualdub to build the movie file with a frame rate of 29.97, so in the world of real video editing you are using 4 perf pulldown mode

if you have sony vegas or similar, you can stretch out the movie playtime and have all frames intact etc

so your basically convert every fourth frame into five to achieve the 29.97 frame rate, so five frames of the same image are always playing

Last edited: