Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I have a question. Is this tool completely free?

Or do i need to pay any type of money anywhere in order to be able to use this tool?

I would assume you would have to pay for better *quality MTL translation*, but im wondering if there is also a *free MTL translation*.

Unless my assumption is wrong here?
You pay the API cost from openai. The tool itself is free to use.

PunpunRen

Jul 13, 2021
I wanted to know if there are any plans of retranslating King's Exit, bc it's unreadable and it's a shame cause it's a great story, but too long to manual TL

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
Small games can take an hour max for all the text usually. It takes long for me to format things and make edits to the code, UI, pictures, etc.

Currently, its about $20 to GPT4 a small game on average.
For someone doing this for fun, $20 for an unknown quality of end product feels a little icky, but compare that to the cost of actually hiring a translator and this is so undercutting that cost. It's crazy. AI man... Thanks for the reference, I was wondering how much it'd cost, I was thinking of trying to translate something. Was just playing the Tits Mafia game "Sana" and the current translation is SUCH hot garbage. It's really a shame. Somebody mentioned that first 30 days the API is free? Is that true? I kinda steered away from it when I saw I'd have to put money down for something I'm only considering doing. Still used your guide to edit some ingame text that never was edited, and I found out about Google Lens because of you, so you're doing great work out here!

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
For someone doing this for fun, $20 for an unknown quality of end product feels a little icky, but compare that to the cost of actually hiring a translator and this is so undercutting that cost. It's crazy. AI man... Thanks for the reference, I was wondering how much it'd cost, I was thinking of trying to translate something. Was just playing the Tits Mafia game "Sana" and the current translation is SUCH hot garbage. It's really a shame. Somebody mentioned that first 30 days the API is free? Is that true? I kinda steered away from it when I saw I'd have to put money down for something I'm only considering doing. Still used your guide to edit some ingame text that never was edited, and I found out about Google Lens because of you, so you're doing great work out here!
Its pay to use, so not free. You basically pay for the amount of tokens used by the API.

Sherwoods

Jun 28, 2017
Hey dazedanon I've modified the code a bit (based on older version) to support self hosted or other API's but I'm debating if I should sync and create a pull request as you mentioned that organization keys are absolutely necessary in .

I've tried it out with a free api (took two days because of 1 thread limit) and my own self hosted one and it seems to work without an organization but I haven't really done much testing to see if anything is screwed up.

I attached the json files I tested with. The game is RJ423458

I know this is an old comment but i was wondering if you were using Oobabooga to host your local one or something else.
If so what API did you use for it, the openAI extension API or the one from the text gen webui itself? because i'm unable to get any results from either one of them and just get a 404 detail not found error when i try to translate, would appreciate some help with this since i'm texting the quality of translation of different models.

Sherwoods

Jun 28, 2017
I know this is an old comment but i was wondering if you were using Oobabooga to host your local one or something else.
If so what API did you use for it, the openAI extension API or the one from the text gen webui itself? because i'm unable to get any results from either one of them and just get a 404 detail not found error when i try to translate, would appreciate some help with this since i'm texting the quality of translation of different models.
Nevermind i figured it out, basically had to create an openAI key in CMD_flags txt file in text gen webui folder and use the API link.

Basically like using OpenAI but with the link also.

Edit: I tried using my LLM models to translate and where it translated it worked well enough but it for some reason skipped over a whole bunch of JP words and finished before completing the task, too tired to troubleshoot anymore. Will try later to see if it's related to settings or something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: m5kro

ineedaname555

Jun 14, 2017
Hey dazedanon, very nice tool, i tested it to translate some parts of a game and it worked very well.

Do you have any plans about adding pdf support to the tool to translate pdfs ?

EDIT: wolf rpg engine support would be nice too.

Last edited:

Rick24

Feb 12, 2018
Can I use the tool to translate games like this one:

deesosa

Dec 15, 2018
For the people that tried local LLMs. Any experience on which has worked best so far? Mixtral 8x7b has been pretty good in my experience, but maybe there are any fine tuned LLMs for JP->EN translation i didn't hear about?

mario6714

Jun 22, 2020
For the people that tried local LLMs. Any experience on which has worked best so far? Mixtral 8x7b has been pretty good in my experience, but maybe there are any fine tuned LLMs for JP->EN translation i didn't hear about?
Can you teach me to do something like that? or you need to paid like in OpenAI?

achigo16

Sep 14, 2018
Hi dazedanon, thanks for you amazing tools.

But when I tried your tool, I encountered some issues where the speaker name does not sync with the character name. Do you have a solution to fix it?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Hi dazedanon, thanks for you amazing tools.

But when I tried your tool, I encountered some issues where the speaker name does not sync with the character name. Do you have a solution to fix it?
Not sure what you mean. Need an example.