VN Unity Abandoned Dead Dating [v1.2] [Ryu]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

perles75

May 16, 2020
I think the idea of selling just the censored version after the campaign (at a -higher- price) and limiting the uncensored version to the Patreon campaign is a -TERRIBLE- idea that reflects badly on the entire project. Not to mention the fact that the characters extended endings are locked -separately- behind unrealistic stretch goals (and I have the feeling it's just a mini-story each).
I don't know what they were thinking, really.

Reactions: Showin001

HolsterRov

Sep 8, 2017
I definitely considered helping fund this project in the beginning but, those ridiculous high stretches goal are a bit too ambitious for someone who we have no background knowledge on. A lot of these perks should only be one time purchases and not *monthly patreon subscriptions. *Feel free to correct me on that

Idk, It just feels things aren't being handled correctly and I'm hoping it isn't intentional.

Jan 26, 2019
To be fair steam blocked Dead Dating from being sold there so Ryu probably came up with this censored version idea because of this. Maybe the higher price is because the % that steam take from the game?

Elfique

Jul 5, 2020
I think the main issue here is poor communication. That and having selected Patreon to launch the campaign.

In fact, you just have to pay once during this month to get all the future updates. You don't need to be his backer forever.

It's clearly stated in the banner of his Patreon campaign's page.

In that regard, it would have been less confusing to launch a Kickstater or Indiegogo campaign - assuming they allow NSFW stuff in the first place, I don't know.

What I don't get though are the stretch goals. 1. They are ridiculously high. 2. Why would you want stretch goals if you're stating "pay once, fill out the form and cancel your subscription". That way, there's absolutely no chance to reach any single goal, right? :unsure:

Last edited:

Goobly

Oct 7, 2017
I backed it because I really enjoyed the demo and I feel there aren't a lot of gay games with art this good. Also, $20 and you get early access updates along the way is really good. Paradise Guardian charged like $50 or $60 for beta testing and other BL Kickstarters have charged $80-$120 for early access. I agree that the stretch goals are ridiculous, but again, it's nothing new and people here are acting so appalled as if this isn't a common thing. I mean Mister Versatile had a stretch goal of $75,000 for DLC that was only going to be given to people who backed $100 or more. I understand not wanting to back a game because you didn't like the demo or you think $20 is too much, but to say you're not backing it because the stretch goals are too high is a little silly to me.

Reactions: nickclark89

Whoswho213

Nov 17, 2019
I backed it because I really enjoyed the demo and I feel there aren't a lot of gay games with art this good. Also, $20 and you get early access updates along the way is really good. Paradise Guardian charged like $50 or $60 for beta testing and other BL Kickstarters have charged $80-$120 for early access. I agree that the stretch goals are ridiculous, but again, it's nothing new and people here are acting so appalled as if this isn't a common thing. I mean Mister Versatile had a stretch goal of $75,000 for DLC that was only going to be given to people who backed $100 or more. I understand not wanting to back a game because you didn't like the demo or you think $20 is too much, but to say you're not backing it because the stretch goals are too high is a little silly to me.
The main reason people find the stretch goals so ridiculous is that the after stories instead of having it a one time stretch goal, he instead scattered it and what's worse he started at the non popular characters first so he knows how to bait people into backing up the high stretch goals...

Just take this for example to point out that this is so ridiculous, if ever he reached 2 or 3 stretch goals, wont that only equates to three after or back stories? And what about the others? Theyre just left behind and just on display?

Another reason too is why would he sell his product now at a cheaper price with uncensored version, while later on u wont be able to get the uncesored version instead u will be left out with the censored one and let's be real here, everybody wants the uncensored version... But what if other people found out about this game at a later date then they wont have a chance to buy the uncensored one then....

And lastly why dont he just lauch it on a kickstarter or indiegogo instead of patreon if he just wanted a one time payment in the first place

viktorbb

Jul 7, 2020
And lastly why dont he just lauch it on a kickstarter or indiegogo instead of patreon if he just wanted a one time payment in the first place
Not to be a white knight... I'm pretty indifferent on this debate, but in his defense, didn't Robin Morningwood just do this one-time thing on patreon a few months ago?

People are still pretty jazzed about that game, so I can imagine thinking their general success would justify this admittedly very inelegant aspect of their fundraising approach.

I'll be satisfied having spent 20 or 30 bucks if they come anywhere close to just finishing the main game. It's all I want. Entertaining the possibility of completed stretch goals is maybe the most weirdly unjaded discussion I've ever seen on this forum. 95% of gay(ish) games on this forum have one of the first replies reading something like "Ah, another game that will never be finished and a developer who'll disappear from the internet by july". Right after that someone asks why all furry games are gay, why all gay games are furry, or both.

Not saying you're wrong on anything, dear naysayers. The stretch goals are silly and way too high. It's just weird to me we're not dismissing those out of hand. Y'all must really be feeling that easter spirit!

Goobly

Oct 7, 2017
The main reason people find the stretch goals so ridiculous is that the after stories instead of having it a one time stretch goal, he instead scattered it and what's worse he started at the non popular characters first so he knows how to bait people into backing up the high stretch goals...

Just take this for example to point out that this is so ridiculous, if ever he reached 2 or 3 stretch goals, wont that only equates to three after or back stories? And what about the others? Theyre just left behind and just on display?

Another reason too is why would he sell his product now at a cheaper price with uncensored version, while later on u wont be able to get the uncesored version instead u will be left out with the censored one and let's be real here, everybody wants the uncensored version... But what if other people found out about this game at a later date then they wont have a chance to buy the uncensored one then....

You clearly didn't read my full post. Ridiculous stretch goals are pretty normal and most VN Kickstarters don't ever reach all of them. I also said in my initial post the stretch goals are too high, but again, it's like some people here have never seen a campaign before. . It is also normal for campaigns to sell the game cheaper than it will be when it's released initially. If you followed him on either his patreon, twitter, or itch you would know that he had trouble getting the uncensored version out on early access and probably just wants to give up on having it released publicly or maybe he wants to give more to the people who are supporting him now. I wouldn't be surprised if he released the uncensored version after some time passed after it's been released on platforms that will accept it. Obviously that wouldn't be steam (they rejected the demo), apple store, or google play. As for the not launching on Kickstarter, I would have preferred he did that, but a lot of people who have used Patreon (Guardian Paradise, Camp Buddy, Meyaoi, etc.) have had success launching their campaigns on Patreon. It's usually done because because Patreon has fewer restrictions and if a developer lives in a certain country then it is much more difficult to use Kickstarter. Not sure about Indiegogo.

Anyway, he's already up to about $8k which is pretty good, but it will slow down towards the middle and most money will probably come in within the last 48 hours like most campaigns.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickclark89

Garuda55

Oct 27, 2018

Pretty unrealistic, potentially... but the art is solid and the gameplay is definitely a big upgrade from the usual renpy stuff. The wrestling scene definitely makes me hope they reach a goal or two... or at least finish the game lol.

The premise of the game is quite interesting, although as it can happen with developments that fail, I look forward to this game being finished so that I can enjoy it and see if the premise creates satisfaction when playing it.

PS: I'm sorry if sending the link again could be spam

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr.Ryu

perles75

May 16, 2020
I think the main issue here is poor communication. That and having selected Patreon to launch the campaign.

In fact, you just have to pay once during this month to get all the future updates. You don't need to be his backer forever.

It's clearly stated in the banner of his Patreon campaign's page.

In that regard, it would have been less confusing to launch a Kickstater or Indiegogo campaign - assuming they allow NSFW stuff in the first place, I don't know.

What I don't get though are the stretch goals. 1. They are ridiculously high. 2. Why would you want stretch goals if you're stating "pay once, fill out the form and cancel your subscription". That way, there's absolutely no chance to reach any single goal, right? :unsure:
pretty sure Kickstarter allows NSFW games, there have been plenty funded there. And I agree that the fact they launched on Patreon contributed to the confusion. Plus there have been objectively some missteps, like the confusing pricing, the lack of possibility of not getting the uncensored version once the campaign is finished, and the spread of the stretch goals and their cost.

Jan 26, 2019
i ended up preordering the game on patreon since i really like the art. it's the first time i've done anything like this and i hope i won't regret it. It sucks that i wasn't one of the first 200 sponsors and i didn't get the CD key for the EA. Now i kinda regret it lol

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr.Ryu

Dovhakin

Apr 4, 2021
Hello, can somebody recommend a similar game to this minus the horror theme, Want to check something else out while waiting for the full release on this game

Jun 5, 2019
So if someone backs the game for the 1 month either for the $20 or $30 to obtain the adult content, they cannot share the adult content version here on f95 because it will be password protected?

ZRplayer

Apr 6, 2021
Just backed it up. I'm thrilled by the demo quality (the British dubs and the characters' perfect physiques) and I also expect a lot of fun from the storylines and their potential developments. If there are more small games coming from it, I definitely raise my hands up for them!

One general improvement to be expected based on the demo experience is the language/translation quality. As I played the game in traditional Chinese, I had found quite a few typos in the translations. If possible, I hope the scripts will be proofread for a better play experience.

LilyIsALittleBoy

Apr 9, 2021
I post this link is for the sharing task to get the bonus game. hope it's okay.

The first funding goal is already achieved, and this game has already been successfully funded before. no wonder the fundraising target is all about DLC.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes