VN Unity Abandoned Dead Dating [v1.2] [Ryu]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
The last time he promised to work on the game was November I think but no news since then. In February his living situation got worse and in general his physical health is often a topic. All this drama made me quit his patreon, his art is great and he does seem to have plans to finish his projects but in the end they often fall flat.
it just feels it would be much better if he worked with other devs and sold them art for him as well. People really underestimate how much effort it takes to make even a tiny visual novel. There is a reason people need entire teams to make large games and Eldet was ridiculously ambitious.

Jan 14, 2019
If I had a dollar for everytime a patreon supported project is put on "hiatus", I could fund my own horny game.

Tbf some creators are up front and say "hey, sorry, project is cancelled due to personal things. Here's some refunds". Often hiatus actually means cancelled, but this way I can get another month or two out of some patrons.

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
If I had a dollar for everytime a patreon supported project is put on "hiatus", I could fund my own horny game.

Tbf some creators are up front and say "hey, sorry, project is cancelled due to personal things. Here's some refunds". Often hiatus actually means cancelled, but this way I can get another month or two out of some patrons.
Worst is when the creator disappears and after 2-3 months a "friend" appears to tells us that something happened.

There are of course many creators who will just put it on pause if they have nothing to share in that month. Which is probably the best reaction. Anyway, Ryu gave us a very polished demo and is constantly sharing more and more artwork. They are not asking for people to keep paying into their patreon until this thing is released; they are asking for 13€ so you can prepurchase and get early access. The art alone is worth that much imo.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Worst is when the creator disappears and after 2-3 months a "friend" appears to tells us that something happened.

There are of course many creators who will just put it on pause if they have nothing to share in that month. Which is probably the best reaction. Anyway, Ryu gave us a very polished demo and is constantly sharing more and more artwork. They are not asking for people to keep paying into their patreon until this thing is released; they are asking for 13€ so you can prepurchase and get early access. The art alone is worth that much imo.
yes, let's specify it's not about this particular project :) (it's on a new page now so people might get confused if they just come at the end of the thread and read the last comments)

perles75

May 16, 2020
Does anyone know what patreon level is required for early access?
judging from the Patreon page, I think you just have to get it early access from the author (maybe on itch.io?) when it comes out on the 30th, no need for Patreon -it does say "stop joining on the 30th" for the levels that provide early access...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr.Ryu

HenryVIII

Jun 4, 2017
I think it's a nice campaign but pretty unrealistic from the author the expect this kind of money for such a niche title, not a single stretch goal will be reached.

viktorbb

Jul 7, 2020

Pretty unrealistic, potentially... but the art is solid and the gameplay is definitely a big upgrade from the usual renpy stuff. The wrestling scene definitely makes me hope they reach a goal or two... or at least finish the game lol.

Abdul Rashyk

Apr 1, 2021
I had big expectations for this game, but after watch the final campaign... Ugh I completely lost my interest on It. I feel there's other good alternatives for $20 on Patreon (for example: nakedfighter3d, sonpih, badodin, ranlilabz, grizzlygamer, etc)... I'm going to save my money and wait If someone else leaks the full game and check by myself If I paid $20 before the month ends or... Whatever. :rolleyes:

Whoswho213

Nov 17, 2019
This is the first game im seing where they will ask u to back the game for a whole month and get the adult content package but if u dont follow em on that month, u can still buy the game BUT dont get the adult content and will pay for a higher price too like what?

Furthermore the DLC goals aren't they a bit ridiculous? Separating the after story of each characters on a stretch goal? So if he gets 2 stretch goals we will only be getting 2 after stories and the other characters will be just.....there.....? Again a big WTF?
Other games i played whenever there's a "DLC" for after story, the author will create a stretch goal only 1 time and not scatter it lol

Jan 26, 2019
I really like the premise and the art style of this game but this pricing for an unfinished game is too much
Also the characters he wants to expand the backstory first were at the bottom of the twitter pool and the goals are unrealistic

• Wow
Reactions: Mr.Ryu

Furrygay896

Jan 19, 2018
Well unfortunately. If we need the full version (Including sexual contents) we will need to join the campaign. If we don't then we only get the public version (No sexual contents). But it kinda weird to play the public version cause we already played the uncensored one

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mr.Ryu and perles75

okrn121433

Aug 27, 2020
Oof. Ryu is a little ambitious with the goals.. And it's just plain ridiculous that the "full public version" costs higher and has no sexual contents on it. Literally 99% of the people who would play this game is for the nudity.. But then again his art is top-tier so idk anymore

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr.Ryu and perles75
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes