Dear developers/site owners?, Please have a "no pubic hair" option for every girl in every game, Thank you.

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Why should a game dev go to extra lengths to satisfy your wants. I think if the majority of people want something then that's fair enough, but tell me, why would a dev cater to a minority? It's silly from a monetary perspective.
Like a bit of pubic hair is okay. If it's like the rainforest then I get your point, but If it's just a little bit no need for the fuss.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
I think if the majority of people want something then that's fair enough, but tell me, why would a dev cater to a minority? It's silly from a monetary perspective.
Actually, it's the exact opposite.

Catering to niche fetishes is a highly profitable market as they tend to be under-served and people are willing to pay a premium for the content that they desire.

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Actually, it's the exact opposite.

Catering to niche fetishes is a highly profitable market as they tend to be under-served and people are willing to pay a premium for the content that they desire.
I see that, but that's really only true to some extent. Logically speaking your point is very valid, if I create a game about rape and my game is one of the only games people will be more willing to pay larger amounts for me to make the game better as they don't really have many other options. However, that really depends on the individuals using the game. Just because the logic says that are more like does not mean that they will, sure it might mean that if they do then they will pledge higher amount's, but I don't see much security (Financially) in that option. Personally, I'd rather have 100 people paying £10 a month than 5 people paying 200 each a month. That's because if one person from the 100 leaves (They grow out of it, finally get a girlfriend or something else) I will still be earning £990 ( loss of 1%) whereas if one person leaves from the 5 I will now be earning £800 which is about a 20% loss. When we talk about new devs and devs that are debating quitting their jobs a 20% loss can be devastating especially if they do quit their job. The idea that quality is better than quantity is true, but in this case I'd want quantity (Catering to the majority). Otherwise someone could tell you, I'm going to take away my 200 unless you add this specific thing and You'd have no choice.
I do agree with you, but I think for most devs (especially starting out devs) catering to the majority can offer more security which is a big thing in game design. Especially one dev or small dev team projects.

Reactions: dspeed

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
If anything, most games cater to the no pubic hair crowd. Personally, I prefer pubic hair. I wish more models had a nice variety of bush sizes. Seems more realistic to me.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
The issue is where to stop? Sepparate art for pubic hair, boob size, hair style, clothes? What else?
In the end,, we're 1 year into the development cycle and still in v0.0.1 because of added work to include all alternative art.
It also complicates codding a little bit for what is a minor thing.
It's already noticeable that any game which offers lots of customization has to sacrifice other areas as 1 dev or small circle can only do so much.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The issue is where to stop? Sepparate art for pubic hair, boob size, hair style, clothes? What else?
In the end,, we're 1 year into the development cycle and still in v0.0.1 because of added work to include all alternative art.
Elf ears and unicorns....

• Haha
Reactions: The Japanese