Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
DoL is a game based in the helplessness of the MC. It isn't skewed that way, that's the intention. Those that could/can find ways to exert themselves outside of that mold? Absolutely awesome for them, sincerely. But the game in based in that specific content.

That being said, it's absurdly impressive how wide spread and detailed the content can be. I believe that is the sentiment being expressed rather than the intent the game is based in. Truly, any text based game that is half as expansive as DoL is already impressive, and the game could be about literally anything. The adventures of a squirrel in a mostly urban environment - very different from DoL's purpose of taking on the role of a helpless MC the entire world desires to the point of madness - if it was like the format and not content of DoL, if it was similar breadth, well that's an impressive game about a city squirrel isn't it?

I agree completely. It's not easy to be able to achieve that level of immersion and doing so is very impressive for the game's development team, which is also assisted by many contributors as well and i respect wholeheartedly. That being said, after playing DoL, it's very saddening that it only satisfies content that is, how should i put it, sadistic? It certainly is very abusive, if you the player is not into that kind of content, then that game is not for you. If you're into that kind of thing, then you'll have a great, very immersive and expansive game to enjoy for sure.

That's how i'm feeling for Debasing Grounds, ultimately it's the devs that bang the hammer down and make the final calls, so if this game is supposed to only cater content where the player's gonna be the victim or punching bag like DoL, then there's not going to be any enjoyment to be had since that's all the content you'll find in it, no matter how large or expansive the game world's gonna be, since the game will only focus on you, the player, being abused in all kinds of ways (again, unless you're into this kind of content, then you'll have a good time). Games that provide player freedom to decide how to approach will have content not only for those looking for that kind of content, but also for others that are not into that kind of thing, so if you're not into that, the game will most likely have content for you to enjoy as well, like lilith's throne, corrupted saviors, flexible survival and many others.

Either is fine, i'm just curious where the dev is going with this one, i think it's a fair question to ask whether this is a victim fetish game or is it going to be offering the player choices on which content to experience?

IceKream

May 27, 2018
... so the player just gets raped no matter what, huh?

I'm missing the point of this entire game.

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Question: I was able to obtain an ID, any way to get an e-wallet without having to do the prison bad end with the cops? If so, how?

SiggySky

Jun 23, 2023
Question: I was able to obtain an ID, any way to get an e-wallet without having to do the prison bad end with the cops? If so, how?
You can lockpick the detective office for one or talking to the girl from the billboard (one holding the sign) about her missing sister gives a low probability option to ask for the sister's ID. You can spam asking for it to eventually get it.

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
You can lockpick the detective office for one or talking to the girl from the billboard (one holding the sign) about her missing sister gives a low probability option to ask for the sister's ID. You can spam asking for it to eventually get it.
Yeah like i said i already have an ID, but i don't have a e-wallet yet. That's what i'm having trouble with, how do i get an e-wallet without having to go on the police bad end?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Yeah like i said i already have an ID, but i don't have a e-wallet yet. That's what i'm having trouble with, how do i get an e-wallet without having to go on the police bad end?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is from the changelog of V.0.21. I don't know if it works though, I did not try yet.

Reactions: Shasou

arielagree

Nov 5, 2018
I agree completely. It's not easy to be able to achieve that level of immersion and doing so is very impressive for the game's development team, which is also assisted by many contributors as well and i respect wholeheartedly. That being said, after playing DoL, it's very saddening that it only satisfies content that is, how should i put it, sadistic? It certainly is very abusive, if you the player is not into that kind of content, then that game is not for you. If you're into that kind of thing, then you'll have a great, very immersive and expansive game to enjoy for sure.

That's how i'm feeling for Debasing Grounds, ultimately it's the devs that bang the hammer down and make the final calls, so if this game is supposed to only cater content where the player's gonna be the victim or punching bag like DoL, then there's not going to be any enjoyment to be had since that's all the content you'll find in it, no matter how large or expansive the game world's gonna be, since the game will only focus on you, the player, being abused in all kinds of ways (again, unless you're into this kind of content, then you'll have a good time). Games that provide player freedom to decide how to approach will have content not only for those looking for that kind of content, but also for others that are not into that kind of thing, so if you're not into that, the game will most likely have content for you to enjoy as well, like lilith's throne, corrupted saviors, flexible survival and many others.

Either is fine, i'm just curious where the dev is going with this one, i think it's a fair question to ask whether this is a victim fetish game or is it going to be offering the player choices on which content to experience?
I would first like to point out that there's a lot of reasons the content in DoL is appealing to individuals. Some people like the lack of control, I liked exploring sexual encounters in a way that didn't always or even often glorify them (just played a game that locks you into very enthusiastically engaging in sex in a specific scene despite all choices up to that point, I find that more upsetting personally). It's a safe space to explore taboo kinks or even fight against them. Just never as the aggressor.

Im actually having a hard time with this game but that's partially because so many NPCs are female. Idk, I just haven't found anything that actually catches my interest too deeply. And I'll try something only for the game to buck me from that path. Just hent clicked.

All that being said, you don't need to like DoL. I'm glad you respect the format though. Heck, I'd like a regular life sim that in depth. So many paths. I've looked at the story map and it's seriously insane.

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
I would first like to point out that there's a lot of reasons the content in DoL is appealing to individuals. Some people like the lack of control, I liked exploring sexual encounters in a way that didn't always or even often glorify them (just played a game that locks you into very enthusiastically engaging in sex in a specific scene despite all choices up to that point, I find that more upsetting personally). It's a safe space to explore taboo kinks or even fight against them. Just never as the aggressor.

Im actually having a hard time with this game but that's partially because so many NPCs are female. Idk, I just haven't found anything that actually catches my interest too deeply. And I'll try something only for the game to buck me from that path. Just hent clicked.

All that being said, you don't need to like DoL. I'm glad you respect the format though. Heck, I'd like a regular life sim that in depth. So many paths. I've looked at the story map and it's seriously insane.
Absolutely, like i said, it is impressive what DoL has achieved with the system they used, and it`s even more impressive how open minded it is with many, many kinks and fetishes, it just gives more room for people that`s into them to go right on in and enjoy the game, since it has something that they`ll enjoy, even if they don`t like something or some things that are in the game, in case they can`t avoid it.

Just like i said in my post, a game that has content available for those that like sadistic/abusive AND manages to also include ways for people that aren`t into torture or violence to not only avoid those if they wish to do so, but also include content for those that aren`t into that kind of thing, will manage to attract both crowds instead of only one. I personally don`t like being choked, punched, kicked, blackmailed into rape and violent-psychological-abusive relationships, so i am not going to have a good time played DoL at all. Why? Because the game in its entirety IS abuse, and in some cases very hardcore.

Even the "Love Interests" are not actually love interests, a discussion between some people (back when i was giving the game a chance) actually went on this matter. Did you know that the love interests were not supposed to be actual love interests? Check on their discord and look for that particular discussion (might have to scroll up a lot), in particular, there's one love interest in that game that was supposed to be as closest to wholesome as it could go in that game, apparently they want to turn that into a toxic relationship thing. As a player that's just not into the whole hardcore abuse thing, i just can't enjoy the game, because it simply does not include content outside of its focus. That's what i'm trying to say.

I respect the game for its achievements, like i said, it's impressive what it has done, but it's a game that is only going to attract one specific crowd, like a 100% straight game is only ever going to attract straight people. You see what i mean?

Satori6

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2023
How to cheat? I want to add silver & e-coins. I can't make sense of save files o_O
Open the dev console. Enter the following commands:

lootFromNPC(a0_0x312977(0x1936))[0]=E-COIN;
lootFromNPC(a0_0x312977(0x1936))[1]=SILVER;
htmlLoot(a0_0x312977(0x1936));

replace 'E-COIN' and 'SILVER' for the amount that you want.

After taking the items, just use any side menu option and then use the 'back' button to return to what you were doing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ReShadowDancer

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
How to cheat? I want to add silver & e-coins. I can't make sense of save files o_O
Alternatively:
1) in game: click Save -> Export to file
2) backup the file (better safe than sorry)
3) open the file in a text-editor* (use software like Notepad++, or visit sites like )
4) find the string inventory. You'll see something like:
Code:
"inventory":[20,50],
Numbers between square brackets are silver coins and e-coins, respectively. Edit them and save the file
5) in game: click Save -> Load from file
6) open your inventory and check if everything went as expected

*Some text editors suck. Like, years ago WordPad couldn't properly save these files (I don't know if MS has fixed the bug since then).

LiruLover

Oct 6, 2018
How do you find a Synapse Software employee?
I can't chat to them at all at work, let alone seduce them
And tracking them down after they close, seems like it will be a headache and a half.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
Kinda wish the game didn't tell me how things made me feel. Be nice to see one of these where you could actually choose how interactions made your character feel.

Reactions: Xakorik and Shasou
Jan 7, 2022
Bug report, Playing as female character, came across a group of girls and followed them. Below is the dialogue

"She hovers over you, dripping kisses across your body. She drags her fingertips over your chest and abdomen before stopping at your pubis. She pushes the needles into the hood of your clitoris with a precise yet gentle touch. An electric wave shoots through your veins and a dizzying sensation takes over as she holds them in place. You're trembling beneath her as she pulls out the needles, sending pleasure and pain through you in equal measure. She then takes a small piece of jewelry and slides it into the fresh piercing holes, knotting it securely with a delicate string. Looking up at you with a kind smile, she says: "This will make sure that you remember us." The other girls laugh as you are released, leaving a strange mixture of emotions in your wake. Taking a deep breath, you watch as the group of girls walk away - their whispers echoing off the walls and prolonging their teasing."

There were no piercings done prior to this. Here its clear that clit is pieced and they even gave a clit piercing for free but when I check the inventory, there is nothing "Accessories" section. Here the clit section should have a piercing after this scene.

Need to fix this.

CeLezte

Sep 10, 2017
This is actually a very exciting sandbox so far. I wish there were more sex options though.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes