whoisraiden

Jul 18, 2017
Can you idiots talk about the game itself instead of bickering?

What are you supposed to do to see the new scenes for this update?

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Just some things about f95zone, and the Moderators/Staff in this site in particular for those of you wondering why my relationship with them has gone from "co-operative" to "Hostile - DMCA Everything", f95zone have in the last couple of months:

Deleted long, in-depth, well-explained and multi-paragraph positive reviews with absolutely nothing wrong them for no good reason and that had been there for months, just trying to tank the star rating and limit the games exposure because individual moderators dislike me.

They've removed or never added my SubscribeStar link, which I can't add and I've had people ask if the game is available anywhere other than Patreon.

They've removed my "We do not condone sharing Patreon links but choose to engage" blah banner. Believe it or not, some people don't realise Devs that are active here do not support sharing their early access releases, and that banner helps and I had it there for years, but they've deleted it.

They've reuploaded my personally supplied Mega.nz links for the public version when it updated with their own, meaning anybody that signs up or purchases a plan to download a 4gb file (earns me about £200 a year from my own links) they get the referral cash for. Despite me creating the game and supplying them with a fully functioning link and the only work required was for them to click "edit, paste", apparently they deserve the referrals instead. My own Mega links for the version were not password protected, and have been up 100% of the time since I uploaded them, and I don't remove public links until there is a new public version.

They've removed my message about saves from prior to v.0.9.1 not working, which has since got me bug reports, thanks! I look forward to hearing the well thought out and intelligent reasoning behind that.

They've deleted comments telling people who wanted to get the release earlier than June 18th they could get it cheaper directly from me than from Patreon. Just why?

All in all whilst f95zone was a good, supportive place in the past and I'm fully aware they share pirate links of early access content, that's not even on the list of complaints as I know it is a pirate site, since the turn of the year into 2022 it is now a dumpster fire with some (not all) reddit level "aktually" moderators on enormous power trips determined to try and help float or sink games depending on whether or not they like the Dev. You'll notice most of those things listed above aren't "oh well just ask them", it is a moderator intentionally doing something that negatively impacts the game and has absolutely no benefit whatsoever. I shouldn't need to go "Hey guys you know that warning I asked you to add about saves from a certain version not working well you seem to have removed it, can you please re-add it?", there's just no reason to remove it.

You can say "oh they're too busy, they're understaffed" except this is over-moderation, and it is selective because I've seen Developers using racial slurs and hurling racial abuse at other Developers in the Dev Forum with moderators talking at the same time in the exact same thread, which should get their posts deleted, but because they like that Dev it's calm and they take no action, but then a message saying "you can get it here for £5", no we need to delete that!

So if you want to know why I've gone from tolerant and accepting of f95zone to completely hostile, there's your answer. I'm fully aware I can't stop piracy, it is very hard to stop piracy on a game I release for free, but I can make it as disruptive as possible during the early access period if pirate sites want to try and limit my exposure (exposure being the one reason why Devs tolerate them at all) and cause me problems.

Clearly if you're in this thread then you want the game to be developed, so maybe ask "why is this pirate site trying to make life as difficult as possible for this Dev who, prior to v.0.13 and all of this from f95zone took place prior to v.0.13, had never DMCAed anything or caused any problems at all for them" rather than "why Dev DMCA links on pirate site".

If you have bugs, suggestions, whatever feel free to come and join my Discord (surprised the link for that is still there), but I'm going to be seriously scaling back engagement and reading of comments/replying here in the future, as I've listed above, f95zone is not the supportive and helpful environment it was for Devs from 2018-2021, thanks to the new generation of moderators and staff, not the users, RIP.

Edit: Monroe has been very helpful and supportive and fixed many of the issues, whilst I'm still not going to engage much here during the early access period, I will be back and check things, reply etc as I regularly did after that time.

Last edited:

RedDevil910

Jan 18, 2020
Downloaded the v.0.13.2 update only but when i try to extract it, it's showing No Archive Found.

Anybody here facing similar issues?

caravaggio

May 8, 2017
Yes, I subscribed for 6 euros to get the latest update instead of the usual 10+ (can't remember exactly) on Patreon. But I don't remember who I had to thank for that tip since his message (and mine) got deleted.. go figure..

Reactions: Ghostly

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of Defending Lydia Collier v0.15.6
with IAmAB Multi Mod

Download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Are there any different between 0.13 that is released a few days ago and 13.2? I don't see any changelog.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Deleted long, in-depth, well-explained and multi-paragraph positive reviews with absolutely nothing wrong them for no good reason and that had been there for months
Yup, happened to me in this very thread.

They've deleted comments telling people who wanted to get the release earlier than June 18th they could get it cheaper directly from me than from Patreon. Just why?
Yup, I've posted a link to your site saying thye can get the game much cheaper (5 GBP vs 10 USD) and they've deleted it. As for "why?", they must be affiliated with patreon, you can even sync up patron account with F95 account to show which games you're supporting.

And now they've removed my reply to Abhai and other leechers. So yeah, I can't blame you for not wanting to participate here.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Another "funny" thing I just saw... According to the "Latest Updates" page, this game has not been updated for 3 years.
In other words, to find it, you'll have to look very very very far.....

zainon

Jan 27, 2021
the girl in the background is clearly in abusive relationship, even without bruise you can tell with their conversation. who does hold their partner phone and needed a permission to get it back. she also keep giving a signal to mc for help sadly it's either he ignored it or didn't notice.

great update! i'm looking forward to vanessa's route update because she is my fav. haha

screenshot0001.png

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
the girl in the background is clearly in abusive relationship, even without bruise you can tell with their conversation. who does hold their partner phone and needed a permission to get it back. she also keep giving a signal to mc for help sadly it's either he ignored it or didn't notice.

great update! i'm looking forward to vanessa's route update because she is my fav. haha

View attachment 1836376
Luckily for you, Normal Steph update has been pushed back for Vanessa's update to be released this weekend (more likely in Sunday)

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
Deleted long, in-depth, well-explained and multi-paragraph positive reviews with absolutely nothing wrong them for no good reason and that had been there for months, just trying to tank the star rating and limit the games exposure because individual moderators dislike me.
Anyone who got their review removed can appeal and get it restored. Users make appeals through our ticket system all the time and they get their ratings restored, no problem. I don't see any ticket submissions from sunaboz so I'm guessing he didn't appeal?

I read the review and I actually liked it. Pretty extensive and thorough. We can definitely get it back if sunaboz would like that. But it seems it got deleted because he made a reference to another game "Pale Carnations" which violates the 3rd rule of our . So we can just remove that reference and I'm 100% sure it can be restored. We just need sunaboz's permission to remove that phrase.

They've removed or never added my SubscribeStar link, which I can't add and I've had people ask if the game is available anywhere other than Patreon.
Hmm I looked through the edit history and I don't see any Subscribestar link ever being added. If devs would like us to add more sites to the OP then they'll need to make a report providing the links and we'll add it. No problem at all!

They've removed my "We do not condone sharing Patreon links but choose to engage" blah banner. Believe it or not, some people don't realise Devs that are active here do not support sharing their early access releases, and that banner helps and I had it there for years, but they've deleted it.
Unfortunately, that's a feature only available to developers who own threads. Users/uploaders that own threads can't add that disclaimer even if they wanted to. Kinda funny, but the only reason it used to appear on this thread was because the OP (playb0y44) has a game developer badge >.>

You can comb through every thread where that disclaimer is displayed.
https://f95zone.to/threads/midnight-paradise-v0-16-elite-lewdlab.25081
https://f95zone.to/threads/radiant-v0-3-2-rk-studios.49572/
https://f95zone.to/threads/stay-true-stay-you-v0-3-0-danson.47493
https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-v2-3-6-gunsmoke-games.326
https://f95zone.to/threads/hot-springs-academy-v0-2-5b-mirgosoft-games.99366/

It's only available to devs, never mods or uploaders.
If you'd like to be the thread owner, then we can definitely restore it.

They've reuploaded my personally supplied Mega.nz links for the public version when it updated with their own, meaning anybody that signs up or purchases a plan to download a 4gb file (earns me about £200 a year from my own links) they get the referral cash for. Despite me creating the game and supplying them with a fully functioning link and the only work required was for them to click "edit, paste", apparently they deserve the referrals instead. My own Mega links for the version were not password protected, and have been up 100% of the time since I uploaded them, and I don't remove public links until there is a new public version.
Soo uploaders are specifically instructed to not use dev links. Some devs get really, really, reaaaaly upset when we do that. The reason is because Mega links may get overloaded if Patrons and F95 users share the same Mega link.

If we had a single mega link that was used for both the dev's Patreon and F95, then this link would often be easily overwhelmed and both groups would encounter slow speeds.

But if F95 created their own Mega links, then we can reduce bandwidth and load on Mega. This way patrons wouldn't be bottlenecked and they can enjoy good speeds.

Some devs have told us that they do the Mega referral thing and wanted us to use their links. We agreed and used their links. That's absolutely fine. Please notify us of these requests.

They've removed my message about saves from prior to v.0.9.1 not working, which has since got me bug reports, thanks! I look forward to hearing the well thought out and intelligent reasoning behind that.
I asked and the uploader thought that the issue was resolved apparently. Save-related issues sometimes get resolved at the next big update so he assumed it was fixed.
But to be fair to you, that's not really an excuse. Mods/uploaders shouldn't remove notes from the thread unless a developer states it's fixed. I apologize, that is our fault. Sorry.
I'll restore the note back.

You can say "oh they're too busy, they're understaffed" except this is over-moderation, and it is selective because I've seen Developers using racial slurs and hurling racial abuse at other Developers in the Dev Forum with moderators talking at the same time in the exact same thread, which should get their posts deleted, but because they like that Dev it's calm and they take no action, but then a message saying "you can get it here for £5", no we need to delete that!
I recall there was some sort of spat between yourself and some other devs? https://f95zone.to/threads/suggeste...saying-this-game-is-shit-do-you-agree.103780/

Aw man I remember we had like the entire discords of *some devs* spamming reports against you lol. The Offtopic subforum is unmoderated (excepted for the listed exemptions on Offtopic pages) so we didn't take any action against you. You can think of the dev-only subforum as another unmoderated "Offtopic" subforum with similar rules. We allow devs to express their opinions but will intervene if they violate the offtopic rules.
Regarding racial slurs, do you think you can please provide links (or report it anonymously) so I can take a look? That sort of behavior is definitely not allowed.

~~~

Soo I think a lot of these issues can probably be resolved with better communication. I, and probably most staff, didn't know about most of the issues described above. I'm afraid F95zone is just a really giant forum and its impossible to be everywhere all the time. Some incidents may slip without notice which is why we rely on users to make reports into the correct direction. If your report is rejected and your 100% that this was an unfair decision then please, please, please create a ticket to staff or contact a staff member. None of us are perfect, we make mistakes. You can reach us by reports, tickets, forum PM, discord PM, whatever your comfortable with.

I sincerely hope we can help you and the rest of the community here who feel that they have been wronged. Whether you DMCA links or not, that's completely up to you and you should always do whatever you believe is best. My only hope is we can resolve these matters and get back to discussing how Vanessa is the best character in the game.

Thank you very much!

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Pretty good update. Mostly loved the fun times with Steph before dealing with the hard drive. The food stuff was great (I've had that experience before lol).

Otherwise, liked the Lydia meet up afterwards. I didn't try her path initially because I always liked the Steph path best, but after this latest update and finding out that a throuple might be possible with Lydia and Steph, it actually made me really happy lol.

Thanks for the update and always looking forward to what comes next! ;)

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I don't see any ticket submissions from @sunaboz so I'm guessing he didn't appeal?
I've been PM'ed by Crazygamer43 on March 29th and I've replied to him that I'm willing to post edited version of the review but he ignored me. He wrote:

Please understand that the usage of reviews is not just a means to rate a game, it is also, a way for users who have played the game to give an explanation as to why said game is good or bad. For that reason we'd advise you to read our Reviewing Rules.

i.e. he just copy/pasted the usual formula even though it wasn't appropriate. And since I couldn't repost any review (edited or otherwise) I've assumed that's it.

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
I've been PM'ed by Crazygamer43 on March 29th and I've replied to him that I'm willing to post edited version of the review but he ignored me. He wrote:

Please understand that the usage of reviews is not just a means to rate a game, it is also, a way for users who have played the game to give an explanation as to why said game is good or bad. For that reason we'd advise you to read our Reviewing Rules.

i.e. he just copy/pasted the usual formula even though it wasn't appropriate. And since I couldn't repost any review (edited or otherwise) I've assumed that's it.
Huh, weird. Thats the template we send to users to who have had reviews removed, not an actual response. Alright I've restored the review and I'll talk to crazygamer https://f95zone.to/threads/defendin...2-white-phantom-games.33797/page-2/br-reviews

Reviews appeals are always allowed. So we can always restore those, provided the user requests it.

Reactions: sunaboz
4.60 star(s) 143 Votes