WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Regarding content, this update has more renders in it than any update I've yet released for this game, except for v.05 which was released across two months in 3 parts, and this update is only a few renders behind that one (v.05 was 415 combined vs 379 for v.06) and this one was done entirely in a single month.

So saying there is "no content" or "it is going backwards" simply isn't true.

This is a very non-linear update, where the day is basically divided between three characters and each path is exclusive, but that is something I have frequently done and literally just did with v.05, in which you'd miss out on over 200 renders depending on which path you were on. It is also something that I have frequently done with Shadows over Manston in the past. So this is nothing new and exclusive choice-driven paths are something I will continue to do.

Ellie was always going to be absent in v.05 and v.06 as she was busy during the weekend, and she will return on Monday (v.07).

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I don't understand why this dev keeps spending time and resources rendering pointless stuff like imaginary TV shows. Updates are extremely short as it is, especially if you stick to one route. Having pointless filler renders in them seems counter-productive.
Not much in the story is "pointless filler" really.

There's a reason for pretty much everything I do and choose to include, just you don't know what the reasons are yet because the game is a WIP.

All of those TV shows have dialogue from the character's whilst you are watching them, now people make walkthroughs and the game has a rollback feature so obviously it is fairly easy to cheat it, however in the future there will be instances in which if you remember what was said in that dialogue it will help you progress the relationship with that character.

So if you want to play without cheating/rollback/walkthroughs, then you should pay attention, on the other hand if you get the choices regarding that dialogue wrong you could miss out on enormous amounts of content with that character (like I have updates planned and you will miss the entire update if you get it wrong).

IAmAB

Working on my new Male Protagonist game!
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2019
Hello guys, I made this walkthrough mod because this game has many routes and I thought someone might need it. Enjoy and in case of any error just send me a message.
This is my if you want to help me financially. Here is the mod page. Thanks ^^ Updated to version v0.05.31
Edit: I am updating the mod now!
Edit 2: Updated to v0.6
My walkthrough mod has been updated to version v0.6+ Enjoy!

Last edited:

vultron

May 19, 2018
I'm confused I told Jenna to piss off she leaves I take shower but then when I'm done she's made me food wtf happened?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Anyone have a fix for this. Happens every time Vanessa is talking.

Nevermind.

dci_name = "Vanessa" fixes it

Reactions: jrtaltc

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
It was probably mentioned, but that Doctor after we get kneed in the face was ugly as SIN! Looked like a man. I swear that Jaw could cut glass lol. fr, Dev, Change her; especially if she/he's a love interest since you can look down her/his shirt.

d7doctor7.jpg

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Curious as to with Ellie is the absence with view to balancing because she’s going to have more content during the week than others.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
It was probably mentioned, but that Doctor after we get kneed in the face was ugly as SIN! Looked like a man. I swear that Jaw could cut glass lol. fr, Dev, Change her; especially if she/he's a love interest since you can look down her/his shirt.

View attachment 749586
Whoa, that's Laura Ingraham.

For some reason, I like Jenna the most. Bit crazy, but aren't we all? ;)
One thing I'd get rid of is heavy make up. And tone down, the clingy attitude.

screenshot0001.png

I mean this screams, "Hi honey, I'm about to stab you with a kitchen knife".

• Haha
Reactions: Chrisdarock19

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
She is a fairly ugly model, I agree, especially in that lighting. Looks better in the side image with different lighting I think but still not the prettiest. She's not a love interest and won't be romance-able or be seen much more, just needed a medic/doctor character for that scene, fear not.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
She is a fairly ugly model, I agree, especially in that lighting. Looks better in the side image with different lighting I think but still not the prettiest. She's not a love interest and won't be romance-able or be seen much more, just needed a medic/doctor character for that scene, fear not.
Honestly I thought it was nice to see a character in a VN who didn't look like a supermodel but could still be attractive to the right person. I just assumed she was the doctor that his team mate was talking about.

erkper

May 16, 2018
For some reason, I like Jenna the most. Bit crazy, but aren't we all? ;)
One thing I'd get rid of is heavy make up. And tone down, the clingy attitude.

View attachment 749618

I mean this screams, "Hi honey, I'm about to stab you with a kitchen knife".
So basically, you're saying, you'd like Jenna more if Jenna stopped being Jenna. I kinda think MC would agree.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes