Taak

Jun 21, 2017
Well, I guess it was good while it lasted. The re-work is just kills it for me. and I also don't understand how will they now keep up with CG and NSFW art due to how complicated the look of Kira is now (not saying that it was simple before). I'm not saying that it looks good, it is bad, she looks too androgynous now, the worse part is that they will have to rework all the existing CG and also it will take more time because her look is much more complicated now, there is more detail and they will have to keep up with it and it takes much more time for artist to complete.

What a disaster. RIP.

Last edited:

DeadHessian82

Feb 1, 2018
Cry more guys....is funny to read. Why did they change Kira? I dont know exactly, yes i liked old kira but i like new kira too. I have a guess about reason why, somewhere in this thread you see someone comparing old kira to someone from other games and they are very similar--so i guess developer had the feeling they needed to change her. if that is the case, theres no way around it. The next guy spreads fear the developers wont be able to update content and general whining.....grow some balls man! They announced update for may 31th....let's wait for that and the next deadline and see what happens. maybe you are rite but maybe devs know what they do and found good solution.... the water is very salty here....dont put pressure on artists if you want good art....think about that.

Reactions: IncineratedMulan

Taak

Jun 21, 2017
wont be able to update content and general whining.....grow some balls man!
What can I say... Grow some brain?

They announced update for may 31th....let's wait for that and the next deadline and see what happens. maybe you are rite but maybe devs know what they do and found good solution....
Uh-huh,"devs know" i guess that's the reason why there is so many abandoned games here. Do mind to sharing those rose-colored glasses you wear?

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, not a fan of the new look. Maybe it's the shading, but she looks a bit too harsh and lost that innocent look. The one with the short hair.. definitely not liking that one.
Ah well, guess we'll have to wait and see how it all turns out in the end.

Torek

Mar 15, 2018
its fun how most of the discusion here is 'i dont like the thing you like, you are an idiot'.
look at the games this web has and you are going to tell me you like them all? really? its a matter of taste.
if you dont like the game, stop playing it, if you like how they changed other game, go play that. and if you are a patreon and dont agree with the changes, guess what? talking about it in a forum isnt going to do shit, go talk to the developer or the other patreons.

its a game in developement, get that in your head.

i liked the other kira, i havent seen enough of this one to say i dislike her, still the body is better, not sure about the face

damnson1111

Jul 21, 2017
Good for you if you can stomach the new art for Kira. The game's half ruined for me now and naturally I'm not too thrilled. I don't actively follow on Patreon, but if you look back, all the posts so far are people either:

A) tolerating Kira's new look (i.e. you)

B) finding it made Kira look worse (i.e. me)

That's far from an improvement, that's a net step backward even if we have same number of people in A and B, which we don't, B is the more prominent position here.

It just doesn't make sense to me to go back spending so much time and effort to change such an important element of a smut game into something without a decisive majority of people feeling like it's an improvement. Again, I don't actively follow Mulan's Patreon, if that's indeed what happened, then screw me, maybe this is a warning against voter apathy.

Last edited:

damnson1111

Jul 21, 2017
There's been only one semi-heated exchange here since the update so far, the one instance of "grow some balls" and "grow some brain" isn't even remotely "most of the discussion here".

Most of the games this place has is irrelevant. I'll bet people who are posting here have at least some degree of emotional investment in the game whereas "most of the game this place has" is just a featureless abstraction. Sure, you won't like them all, but seeing one that you like turning for the worse is an entirely different business. When there is an emotional investment, let alone an monetary one, it'd be unrealistic and unreasonable to expect people to just quietly walk away.

And this is a smut game forum, people expressing their opinions here, which they can rightly do so, isn't mutually exclusive to them doing it with the developer on Patreon.

And, I'd disagree with the supposed futility of talking about it here because Patreon or not each individual voice here would combine to become this particular forum's collective feedback to the game itself and to each of its development decisions along the way, however insignificant it might be compares to the one on Patreon. The game being in development makes it even more important for everyone to voice their opinion as there is still a possibility for change.

Discouraging praises and criticisms of the direction of a smut game on a smut game discussion forum is both unproductive and honestly going against one of the most important purpose of the forum.

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
I am not the biggest fan of the new artwork, but we haven't seen much of it in action yet, give it a chance in the update to see how it works first, then pan it if it doesn't work. After all, who knows, the artstyle might just grow on you.
Essentially, to (mis)quote a meme:
Keep calm
And
Wait for the update

Edit: and the forum doesn't like my formatting decisions :(

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
Also, in regards to the avatar, Fresh mulans statement was "Note: This is work in progress, I’m not yet done with this angle, especially her patient uniform, so everything might change." so for those who hate the new avatar depicted (and please note again that its only a draft for the new you uniform), you have a chance to influence Fresh Mulan after the update (They're very busy at the moment) to revise the avatar. Again, keep calm, test it, then pan it if it doesn't work.

KoropeiniKi

Sep 27, 2017
so no updates? *throw phone to the ground and then stomp skateboard*
(if you know where this is from, then you're cool)

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
so no updates? *throw phone to the ground and then stomp skateboard*
(if you know where this is from, then you're cool)
Currently 12:14 pm in US (estimating that mulan is based somewhere within a similar timezone), so there's still 12 hours for the update to go up, if it does ( remember, Freshmulan was stressed for time). Then add on more time for people to post the release here, if they do (they probably will), because the releases on this site aren't quite an official release. Though I share your sentiment, Americans are always late to the party when it comes to time.

Torek

Mar 15, 2018
on the discord, Freshmual said they needed a little more time, and would upload it tomorrow morning/evening

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
its been delayed a day.... at least a day I'd say, the developers look and sound like they're under duress.

Edit: At least, that's what Torek said. I have no idea what timezone Torek is in or if he was referring to US timezone so it could be anywhere from within the next 12 to 32 hours.

Torek

Mar 15, 2018
its been delayed a day.... at least a day I'd say, the developers look and sound like they're under duress.

Edit: At least, that's what Torek said. I have no idea what timezone Torek is in or if he was referring to US timezone so it could be anywhere from within the next 12 to 32 hours.
I just said what i read on the discord. and there are like 2 new events

4.10 star(s) 100 Votes