ThatBoy

Sep 8, 2018
Latest progress report (JAN 31, 2022)

Howdy! Here’s what’s up:
We’re still working, the progress is there, but it’s not yet at the level of completion we’re comfortable with.
Meanwhile I’m continuing my part of the work for the next update, layering the event I’ve shown last month, writing more events for Killer Queen and drawing different versions for the polls.

If all goes well, next month will be incredibly fruitful. For one, I will be ready to show you some of the concepts I did for Killer Queen (red Kira) and hopefully Moana will be freed from her torment and we’ll decide what level of unique customization her majesty, the Killer Queen, will have.
On top of that I finished my little side-project, cum overhaul. Which I now completely intrust in Moanas hands. There are times when I have to wait for her, like now. And there are times when she has to wait for me. In the latter, I usually dump a ton of art and text on her shoulders and hope for the best.
With the artwork for this side project being complete (3 cum levels for all expressions, 3 cum levels for vaginal creampies, one cum level for all breast sizes), Moana will now have some extra work to do in the future when our roles will be reversed and I will be the one being stuck with something.

I couldn't agree more with this Sun Tzu fella, which is why I went ahead and drew a bunch of cum.
While our previous character art system had some dedicated layers for cum, I wasn’t satisfied with the texture. The old cum artwork just left a bad aftertaste in my mouth for some reason, which is why I redrew it. Then I went ahead and created a new layer that our expanded system supports - cum on breasts, plus stages of cum on Kira's face and vagina. I opted against the creation of stages for chest-cum, because we already have 11 breast sizes and it’s just too much work.
The overhauled system itself will temporarily be semi-permanent. Because the only way for you to remove cum from Kira is to make her take a shower at the dorm. Eventually we’ll add more ways of it’s removal, like napkins or something more extreme, like cum fetish (Kira will just eat it all, etc.).

This thing is already drawn for all expressions, lip sizes, breast sizes and our two upcoming events.
I wanted to implement it in our new events because I think it makes them work well together - Kira gets cum on her chesticles and face in one event and then the random fella calls her a “filthy whore” in the next one.
Little references like this is something we’ve been neglecting for a while and I’d like to change that. Because we can pretty easily reference anything that you see on your screen and I wholeheartedly believe the game will become better when our npcs will start noticing how slutty Kira looks.
On another note, let’s talk more about Killer Queen:
So, in the upcoming “harrasment” event there’s currently 44 layers, with 8 placeholder layers for future sex-toys and a breast tattoo. A single pose is ~150 pictures, the majority are mutually exclusive.
Our new harassment event uses 3 poses, and our new boobjob event uses 2. While I intend to announce the final picture count in the changelog for a dramatic effect, I think the above mentioned number manages to convey the message of just how much art it takes to produce a single “complete” event with Kira.
Which is why I am currently working on the Killer Queen character art - she won’t have 44 layers or 150 pictures per pose, since her art will be static for the most part.
I do however intend to add some unique body mods for her own storyline, different from Kiras to spice things up. Once Moana will finish her part of the work, we’ll discuss in detail a reasonable amount of body-mods Killer Queen could have and their nature.

We’re doing our best and I’m still working on new and interesting things like cum system, alternative branching storylines with Killer Queen and farm continuation.
Layering events is a hard and extremely time-consuming process, which is why, for the most part, I haven’t drawn anything worth showing this month (except for the cum system).
Unfortunately I can’t speed things up in any way right now, but with Killer Queen and other npc-ladies I will be able to, once we’ll finally upload our upcoming version. Soon we will finally be out of the water and return to normality.
Thank you all for your patience and support! The end is near!
Mhm, yes, cum overhaul
1643689652249.png

SlideOn

Apr 30, 2019
I usually never interact here just read the other messages and laugh, but man I feel pressure to say something this time. This game is a fucking joke, you people need to get a grip and stop the money flowing.
Though he would probably just abandon the game then and live a plentiful life with the money you gave him.
PS (some conspiracy): Or maybe the army sent them to Ukraine's border, and they're making the game in spare time between the drills, that's why it's taking so long.

Prince Eric

Jun 22, 2020
Or maybe the army sent them to Ukraine's border, and they're making the game in spare time between the drills, that's why it's taking so long.
Then possibly the farm route is being based on real events... That would explain words about bad taste in the mouth at least.
And shit must happen to Mulan and folks before it gets in the game.

LichG

Jan 15, 2019
I've been stalking these forums forever and usually don't interact, but I gotta say I would be more willing to actually support him through patreon if they just dropped update already. But until I see more tangible progress, they aren't getting a dime. At this rate, it looks like I'm gonna have an extra few bucks for taco bell every month. :p
I dropped the subscribtion just after last post. Mulan is the great artist and the conception of the game is also very good but his promises are never become true. It's very frustrating. I would understand if Mulan was just more opened to the community and shared the progress with his supporters more frequently without telling the fairytales.

Last edited:

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018

Howdy! Here’s what’s up:
We’re still working, the progress is there, but it’s not yet at the level of completion we’re comfortable with.
Meanwhile I’m continuing my part of the work for the next update, layering the event I’ve shown last month, writing more events for Killer Queen and drawing different versions for the polls.

If all goes well, next month will be incredibly fruitful. For one, I will be ready to show you some of the concepts I did for Killer Queen (red Kira) and hopefully Moana will be freed from her torment and we’ll decide what level of unique customization her majesty, the Killer Queen, will have.
On top of that I finished my little side-project, cum overhaul. Which I now completely intrust in Moanas hands. There are times when I have to wait for her, like now. And there are times when she has to wait for me. In the latter, I usually dump a ton of art and text on her shoulders and hope for the best.
With the artwork for this side project being complete (3 cum levels for all expressions, 3 cum levels for vaginal creampies, one cum level for all breast sizes), Moana will now have some extra work to do in the future when our roles will be reversed and I will be the one being stuck with something.

I couldn't agree more with this Sun Tzu fella, which is why I went ahead and drew a bunch of cum.
While our previous character art system had some dedicated layers for cum, I wasn’t satisfied with the texture. The old cum artwork just left a bad aftertaste in my mouth for some reason, which is why I redrew it. Then I went ahead and created a new layer that our expanded system supports - cum on breasts, plus stages of cum on Kira's face and vagina. I opted against the creation of stages for chest-cum, because we already have 11 breast sizes and it’s just too much work.
The overhauled system itself will temporarily be semi-permanent. Because the only way for you to remove cum from Kira is to make her take a shower at the dorm. Eventually we’ll add more ways of it’s removal, like napkins or something more extreme, like cum fetish (Kira will just eat it all, etc.).

This thing is already drawn for all expressions, lip sizes, breast sizes and our two upcoming events.
I wanted to implement it in our new events because I think it makes them work well together - Kira gets cum on her chesticles and face in one event and then the random fella calls her a “filthy whore” in the next one.
Little references like this is something we’ve been neglecting for a while and I’d like to change that. Because we can pretty easily reference anything that you see on your screen and I wholeheartedly believe the game will become better when our npcs will start noticing how slutty Kira looks.
On another note, let’s talk more about Killer Queen:
So, in the upcoming “harrasment” event there’s currently 44 layers, with 8 placeholder layers for future sex-toys and a breast tattoo. A single pose is ~150 pictures, the majority are mutually exclusive.
Our new harassment event uses 3 poses, and our new boobjob event uses 2. While I intend to announce the final picture count in the changelog for a dramatic effect, I think the above mentioned number manages to convey the message of just how much art it takes to produce a single “complete” event with Kira.
Which is why I am currently working on the Killer Queen character art - she won’t have 44 layers or 150 pictures per pose, since her art will be static for the most part.
I do however intend to add some unique body mods for her own storyline, different from Kiras to spice things up. Once Moana will finish her part of the work, we’ll discuss in detail a reasonable amount of body-mods Killer Queen could have and their nature.

We’re doing our best and I’m still working on new and interesting things like cum system, alternative branching storylines with Killer Queen and farm continuation.
Layering events is a hard and extremely time-consuming process, which is why, for the most part, I haven’t drawn anything worth showing this month (except for the cum system).
Unfortunately I can’t speed things up in any way right now, but with Killer Queen and other npc-ladies I will be able to, once we’ll finally upload our upcoming version. Soon we will finally be out of the water and return to normality.
Thank you all for your patience and support! The end is near!
Interesting news thank you

Because we can pretty easily reference anything that you see on your screen and I wholeheartedly believe the game will become better when our npcs will start noticing how slutty Kira looks.
Here specifically these words were very pleased. The reaction of the NPC to GG. That's what I'm looking forward to.
This will definitely benefit the game and the game world will be livelier.

Reactions: Salomon108

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
Interesting news thank you

Here specifically these words were very pleased. The reaction of the NPC to GG. That's what I'm looking forward to.
This will definitely benefit the game and the game world will be livelier.
We all should just forget this game and leave. Its dead, for real.
Now I think that someone is in moderation is mulans pal. 9months without an update, no "on hold" or "abandoned" and look at the game rating. I am pretty sure there was several 2 or 1 stars but now its miraculously 4+. Did someone cleaned low ones?

Robert84MK

Mar 9, 2018
I have question: So bug on vivarium is in old save from <0.4.9.0 if i play new game on 0.4.9.2 this bug is inexiste ?

Robert84MK

Mar 9, 2018
I have question II , Hucow has brainwashed and body transformation, like Bimbos path ? because i started play this game.

DrMage

Dec 19, 2018
I have question II , Hucow has brainwashed and body transformation, like Bimbos path ? because i started play this game.
There's no answer for this question, because all the questlines in vivarium are unfinished. We just don't know is the brain damage in farm/temple reversible/avoidable or not. Just play the weirdest path at your first run and have fun.
I think you'll have more then enough time to investigate all the routes between updates :)

LichG

Jan 15, 2019
We all should just forget this game and leave. Its dead, for real.
Now I think that someone is in moderation is mulans pal. 9months without an update, no "on hold" or "abandoned" and look at the game rating. I am pretty sure there was several 2 or 1 stars but now its miraculously 4+. Did someone cleaned low ones?
The game is not abandoned by the author. He didn't dissapear suddenly or gave an official answer about cancelling the project and the monthly progress updates are still up. So there is no sense in these tags. Slow development and endless promises - yes. Even Kingdom of Deception has same or less info about the progressing but also does not have 'abandoned' status.

Reactions: sam1545654

CorwinFr

Feb 19, 2018
Even Kingdom of Deception has same or less info about the progressing but also does not have 'abandoned' status.
Please no, we are talking about two different things, the developer of Kingdom of Deception has finished one game entirely (one of the best game, love it), Kingdom of Deception is a consistent game with consistent branch, the Patreon is updated with art pack to download for Patreon quite each month with real progress report.

PunishedMulan and Defenestration is a different matter, dont want to add more rage. To simplify the concept is amazing, so a lot of people love it and became addicted. And we all are disappointed by the release content / release time / expectation / promises. We all hope a stunning release with hours of content after so many months and we all guess a beta release with finally few contents.

This apart I agree with you regarding tags.

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
The game is not abandoned by the author. He didn't dissapear suddenly or gave an official answer about cancelling the project and the monthly progress updates are still up. So there is no sense in these tags. Slow development and endless promises - yes. Even Kingdom of Deception has same or less info about the progressing but also does not have 'abandoned' status.
So to put onhold or abandoned moderation needs statement from devs? Because im pretty sure 90% of abandoned games are abandoned by fact, because there was no updates, not because dev posted "fuck it, im leaving, stop donating on patreon"

LichG

Jan 15, 2019
Please no, we are talking about two different things, the developer of Kingdom of Deception has finished one game entirely (one of the best game, love it), Kingdom of Deception is a consistent game with consistent branch, the Patreon is updated with art pack to download for Patreon quite each month with real progress report.

PunishedMulan and Defenestration is a different matter, dont want to add more rage. To simplify the concept is amazing, so a lot of people love it and became addicted. And we all are disappointed by the release content / release time / expectation / promises. We all hope a stunning release with hours of content after so many months and we all guess a beta release with finally few contents.

This apart I agree with you regarding tags.
Calling KoD consistent after the mess in the development team and the next patches with the different content route - meh, doubtful for me. It's not matter, I've talked about it just as an example of the time between patches and broken promises of the unfinished game, nothing more

So to put onhold or abandoned moderation needs statement from devs? Because im pretty sure 90% of abandoned games are abandoned by fact, because there was no updates, not because dev posted "fuck it, im leaving, stop donating on patreon"
Read careful, friend. I stated two reasons, one of them is dissappearing without an answer. Ofc some of devs won't close their pages but at the same time there won't any news from them about the project in months

Last edited:

Robert84MK

Mar 9, 2018
There's no answer for this question, because all the questlines in vivarium are unfinished. We just don't know is the brain damage in farm/temple reversible/avoidable or not. Just play the weirdest path at your first run and have fun.
I think you'll have more then enough time to investigate all the routes between updates :)
Vivarium has 3 days from 7.

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes