somedud3

Sep 11, 2022
the devs said they're changing the game because of patreon's rules (dull and boring), not sure if patreon is becoming more political on the nsfw content but i think we'll have to quit using patreon and move to subscibestar, sadly... censored.png

Now you have to 'consent' to everything.

dead.png

Last edited:
Reactions: puffy001

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
the devs said they're changing the game because of patreon's rules (dull and boring), not sure if patreon is becoming more political on the nsfw content but i think we'll have to quit using patreon and move to subscibestar, sadly... View attachment 3497981

Now you have to 'consent' to everything.

View attachment 3498032
The consent form is very similar to the test Kira takes near the start of the Vivarium, it's essentially asking the player what content they want or don't want to see.

Reactions: SpectreGT

SpectreGT

Jun 10, 2020
Y'all make it seem like swapping to subscribestar is easy. They can't just post on their Patreon page (where all of their paying patrons are) to go support them on a competitor's platform. Any communication posted elsewhere would be half-baked and not reach everyone. They could leave the Patreon page open with no posts, but then the page would get banned for collecting funds while inactive. They 100% lose some supporters that way, plus the additional attrition of supporters that can't support them on subscribestar because they only accept direct credit card payments, which not everyone can/is willing to do.

Subscribestar is nice, but Patreon dominates because of how accessible they have made it to be a patron, which is likely the catalyst for the guideline changes in the first place. The changes almost certainly come from demands from payment vendors threatening to pull out (i.e. Visa, Mastercard), not because Patreon is making an active decision to cull a not insignificant portion of their revenue.

The only way this game moves somewhere else is if it is forced to, just like 99.99% of the other games that are refusing to move.

• Sad
Reactions: Gerbalzlayer

somedud3

Sep 11, 2022
The consent form is very similar to the test Kira takes near the start of the Vivarium, it's essentially asking the player what content they want or don't want to see.
naw its just more unnecessary censorship/control that no one wants. this game's going down the shitter like a lot of games on patreon are.

Oct 8, 2022
naw its just more unnecessary censorship/control that no one wants. this game's going down the shitter like a lot of games on patreon are.
Can someone at least upload the entire progress report so we can make our own opinion or do we just have to listen to you guys cry again?

SpectreGT

Jun 10, 2020
You mean a consent form like the Farm content has had for almost 2 and a half years now, you know, long before Patreon's guidelines were even an issue?

• Wow

somedud3

Sep 11, 2022
You mean a consent form like the Farm content has had for almost 2 and a half years now, you know, long before Patreon's guidelines were even an issue?
don't remember that, but soon patreon will have you 'consenting' to every little thing. some things i agree with are the anti-bestiality shit and anti-incest.
CONSENT.png

Last edited:

SpectreGT

Jun 10, 2020
don't remember that, but soon patreon will have you 'consenting' to every little thing. some things i agree with are the anti-bestiality shit and anti-incest.
View attachment 3508411
Not sure if you read Mulan's comment relating to this exact issue being brought up, but the comment heavily implies that nothing in game is actually changing based on the guideline changes. The Patreon page and Discord will likely be cleaned up, but the content of the game, which is hosted on MEGA not Patreon, seems to be remaining the same. The consent form is like both I and someone else already said, an extension of content filtering that already exists in the game at the Farm entrance.

I don't see the massive issue here. If Mulan doesn't feel like the game will survive transferring to another site or believes they can toe the line enough without going over it with Patreon, they aren't going to move anywhere else to possibly lose money and kill the game. Milking the Patreon for all it is worth while they still can is the correct move.

3.90 star(s) 103 Votes