• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Completed Defiler Wings [v1.4.1] [The Old Huntsman]

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Boney

Aug 4, 2018
Right you are. The magic points seem to be correct. Actually kind of wish there was inverse of the potency spell - in my first playthrough of the 1.4.1 I completely missed many monster types (aristocrat weak spawn I think?) completely because I often opt to get Magic early on. Think I still haven't seen what the weak elf spawn is. Guessing I missed most of the weak giant spawns because I only used elite guard very late in to the game since actually impregnating them was such a hassle with my lack of abilities to beat them into submission with.
It is possible to get the maximum multiplier for variety in your spawns using just the max potency ones, but I think it requires making sure you have a roughly even mix of the titan spawns. It's a lot easier if you get a decent amount of the weaker aristo spawns (crocodiles) at magic 0 and the weaker elf spawns (gargoyles) at magic <2 as your dragon evolves, but sometimes difficult if the RNG of dragon evolution isn't cooperating. None of the weaker titan spawns can be sent to the Army of Darkness, nor can any of the mermaid/water titan spawns.

Huh. I played the original 1.0.1 quite a bit when I originally found it and it felt that the world just completely reset every generation, with zero persistence. The devastation also never seemed to have any real effect so it might just be that I simply never invested heavily enough on it before. Now it seems that netting enough devastation can actually ruin the kingdom to the point that mobilization doesn't rise at all.
From memory, the way it worked in 1.0.1 is that maximum mobilization was fear minus devastation, but devastation could only increase once per year, so if you increased devastation and fear in the same year you'd get a mobilization increase anyway so it was easy to conclude that it was pointless. Even if you did know how it worked, it was a lot easier to just use the island to reduce mobilization directly every few years. In 1.4.1, devastation accumulates easier so it's a lot easier to prevent any mobilization at all, and it has side benefits that makes it often preferable to using the island.

Emmisar

May 12, 2018
Found kinda official page for the game developer, but it is on russian social site so it is in russian(obviously) but if anyone willing and able to figure it out - here it is:

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Found kinda official page for the game developer, but it is on russian social site so it is in russian(obviously) but if anyone willing and able to figure it out - here it is:

Interesting, but this looks like another developer doing a reboot.

Old Huntsman (the original dev for Defiler Wings) seems to be still working on another slave trainer type game in the Eternal Rome setting.

Ponyniac

Jul 25, 2017
I will try to clarify the situation. Dragon Time is a game from the developer of the mod. According to my observations, the Old Huntsman released the last game, "Black Madness".
If interested, then the new game from the Old Hunter here

I'd add that you shouldn't count on much, now is not the best time to create games.
Here.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I will try to clarify the situation. Dragon Time is a game from the developer of the mod. According to my observations, the Old Huntsman released the last game, "Black Madness".
If interested, then the new game from the Old Hunter here

I'd add that you shouldn't count on much, now is not the best time to create games.
Here.
I'm a fan of both games that Old Huntsman started, this one and Jack-O-Nine-Tails. I'll look for Black Madness and give it a try.
-edit after a bit of searching I'm not finding anything, are you aware that it was ever translated into English?

Can you explain what you mean by "now is not the best time to create games?". I'm curious to learn more.

Ponyniac

Jul 25, 2017
Interestingly, I also did not immediately find it, apparently he deleted all the links from himself. But I found how to cook a dragon)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay i'm kidding here

Reactions: StJesuz

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Got interested in the game. Played it a lot. Lost everytime at 10 year - quarter century quest. Playing at 1.0.1 version in android.

Can you guys help me get the link for the 1.4.1 version of the android? Because I kept losing so many times even when I made a great Dragon...

perseus525

Aug 27, 2017
Got interested in the game. Played it a lot. Lost everytime at 10 year - quarter century quest. Playing at 1.0.1 version in android.

Can you guys help me get the link for the 1.4.1 version of the android? Because I kept losing so many times even when I made a great Dragon...
I don't know about the download link, but given the time frame, I think you're talking about the "reduce morale" quest, the "enhance lair" quest, or the "protect lair" quest (names made up by me). You only need to fulfill these once, but you always have to fulfill them as part of the story progression.

For the first, gain notoriety and let the army mobilize, then reduce their morale (either paying at smuggler island or causing massive damage/poverty).

For the second, get a new lair (or upgrade your starter lair), then hire guards (smugglers) and servants (gremlins), as well as installing traps (mechanical ones, bought from gremlins). Having your children work as guards and/or servants is also an option.

For the third one, have any lair and attract a thief or knight and kill it. The thief can be killed by any means (mechanical traps, magical traps, any of the guards or yourself). In the case of the knight, he can be instantly "killed" if he tries to save any "horny" girl from your dungeon (ogress counts, but has a different way of dealing with him). Remember that the girl he tries to rescue is chosen at random, "proud" girls will instigate a fight, while "bashful" girls will try to escape. If you made a pact/deal with the prisoner he chose, the interaction changes greatly.

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
How do i fortify my lair? IMy dragons will always die because i don't know how to do that quest.
EDIT: Got it, you have to "breed" a guard (?).

Where/how do i get giants?

Last edited:

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
How do i fortify my lair? IMy dragons will always die because i don't know how to do that quest.
EDIT: Got it, you have to "breed" a guard (?).

Where/how do i get giants?
The easiest giant to beat can be found in the forest, the game sometimes calls it an ogre or cannibal. There are harder ones that can be found I think by flying in the skies (ice and fire giants) and maybe in the water.

Reactions: Klausus
2.60 star(s) 7 Votes