EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I'll interrupt this impassioned debate as a new player; would you recommend vanilla or Plus? I feel I've only scratched the surface of this game so far.
I'd go with plus solely for for the combat mechanics, although a future update that might change.

This is one of the few applications where none of the main critiques of AI are relevant. Taking work away from artists? There are no games like this yet, there is no existing market to usurp. Privacy concerns? People playing DoL and similar games who want a version with more art are (hopefully) already on VPNs or TOR and have good digital hygiene. Environmental impact? Occasionally generating pictures using a small model uses less energy than rendering a AAA game on your computer at 60fps, so it's better for the environment than more traditional gaming. Risk of hallucination or misinformation? Nobody is trying to get information from a game, especially a lewd game.
Half of these are fixed by running a model locally on a mid-teir gaming rig and ethically sourcing input (read: getting permission to use input data). Meanwhile some my actual concerns are:
  • Images -- The tendency for ai models to blur images conflicts with the game's pixel art style.
  • Getting the same result even with the same prompt is highly unlikely. This can cause serious issues such as-
  • Animation -- Triggering motion sickness in more sensitive people like myself.
  • Animation -- AI animation is primitive and has not improved much since it's conception. Yes occasionally a decent one comes out, but these ones have limited movement or the previous issue.
  • Ai is notoriously hard to correct, meaning a good chunk of time would be spent micro managing or completely redoing output.
  • This also makes hallucinations still relevant as models tend to double down on these false details.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I'd go with plus solely for for the combat mechanics, although a future update that might change.

Half of these are fixed by running a model locally on a mid-teir gaming rig and ethically sourcing input (read: getting permission to use input data). Meanwhile some my actual concerns are:
  • Images -- The tendency for ai models to blur images conflicts with the game's pixel art style.
  • Getting the same result even with the same prompt is highly unlikely. This can cause serious issues such as-
  • Animation -- Triggering motion sickness in more sensitive people like myself.
  • Animation -- AI animation is primitive and has not improved much since it's conception. Yes occasionally a decent one comes out, but these ones have limited movement or the previous issue.
  • Ai is notoriously hard to correct, meaning a good chunk of time would be spent micro managing or completely redoing output.
  • This also makes hallucinations still relevant as models tend to double down on these false details.
Also vast majority is ugly and uninspired. Lack of any consistency is easy to point out, but also because the people who reach for algorithm generated images (there is no actual artifical intelligence involved) are not the type who would correct those mistakes.
Either way the solution wouldn't work at all because when you need to account for many variables, having a separate asset for every combination is the worst way to go about it, as it both takes tons of time to create (regardless of method) and makes the total weight of assets explode.
The generated images wouldn't give you a solution that could use layers as should be done (and already is in case of DoL).

retardo

Sep 17, 2017
Oh look its the weekly complaint about the preg content. Gotta love the other overused complaint about being mad that they are adding content for characters they dont like. Its like you are a walking personification of everything people are sick of hearing people complain about. At least the username is on point though ill give you that.

If you want to make your perfect game where only the things you like are added in the ways you want then make your own game. Until then you have to realize that you are not the only person playing this game.
Its amazing how you whine about being tired about stuff then do the same defense everyone else is tired about, I don't need to make my own game to bring up shit points about this game, get Vrelnir's wiener out of your mouth, he doesn't even make content for this game anymore.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
The weird AI stans always kinda freak me out. AI isnt some kind of magic wand that just magically creates new content. It either steals it or produces the most generic boring and outright inane content imaginable. Then when you ask it what it made 5 minutes ago it has already forgotten and suddenly your fantasy story has spaceships or whatever. AI is absolute fucking garbage for anything longer than a paragraph and even that it consistently outputs the most low effort trash. Images are even worse unless you like the same cookie cutter looking obviously AI monstrosities with 3 arms and 17 fingers.

Its amazing how you whine about being tired about stuff then do the same defense everyone else is tired about, I don't need to make my own game to bring up shit points about this game, get Vrelnir's wiener out of your mouth, he doesn't even make content for this game anymore.
The thing is if people like you didnt CONSTANTLY post this tired overstated drivel then there wouldnt be a reason to respond now would there? If you actually cared about constructive criticism and improving the game you would simply ask for more content you enjoy and discuss the parts you enjoy. Instead you lean into a rant about how all of the content you dont like is bad. If you dont want to be targeted for your hot takes then dont make them into a rant. Next time just chime into a thread with something like "It would be nice if we got some more male centric gameplay features." Or maybe "I would like to see more Kylar content." Instead we get the same tired weekly schizo rambling about how preg content was a waste and how all of the Robin and Whitney simps are ruining the game or whatever.

retardo

Sep 17, 2017
The weird AI stans always kinda freak me out. AI isnt some kind of magic wand that just magically creates new content. It either steals it or produces the most generic boring and outright inane content imaginable. Then when you ask it what it made 5 minutes ago it has already forgotten and suddenly your fantasy story has spaceships or whatever. AI is absolute fucking garbage for anything longer than a paragraph and even that it consistently outputs the most low effort trash. Images are even worse unless you like the same cookie cutter looking obviously AI monstrosities with 3 arms and 17 fingers.

The thing is if people like you didnt CONSTANTLY post this tired overstated drivel then there wouldnt be a reason to respond now would there? If you actually cared about constructive criticism and improving the game you would simply ask for more content you enjoy and discuss the parts you enjoy. Instead you lean into a rant about how all of the content you dont like is bad. If you dont want to be targeted for your hot takes then dont make them into a rant. Next time just chime into a thread with something like "It would be nice if we got some more male centric gameplay features." Or maybe "I would like to see more Kylar content." Instead we get the same tired weekly schizo rambling about how preg content was a waste and how all of the Robin and Whitney simps are ruining the game or whatever.
i never said the pregnancy content was bad lmao I just said the characters they're choosing to do first are bad, stop posturing. And Robin and Whitney simps ARE ruining the game, this game was not made as a dating sim.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes