DKOC

Feb 1, 2019

....(edited)...oh shit it's always online DRM...wtf man...it's game over man it's game over wtf do we do now!?
fuck the dev. and fuck the patrons, those cucks will lose their game as soon as the dev runs away with their money and servers go offline.
"Shut up Hudson." :p Great movie.

Clangokkuner

Jan 30, 2020
I could get into the game, which then immediately CTD, this is weird. Oddly enough it doesn't crash if I don't use the crack.

Last edited:

FappyJake

Jan 23, 2022
Tried to play V17 this morning, once loaded in & after doing user login step, kept getting an error along the lines of "Error: UID"

Solved by removing the file "DevolutionUserID-crack.lic" from the /GameDir/DeltaZone/ folder.

Seems this file is created on a logon and probably used to authenticate next time, but doesn't work with the crack.

Clangokkuner

Jan 30, 2020
So somehow the game decided to just work with the crack when I started a SFW raid, did the login thing, and then somehow I can play with the crack without the game crashing.
How long is it gonna take for the Dev to release patch notes?

Last edited:

_Fox_Trot_

Feb 16, 2023
I could play with no issue for 2 hours straight after it released. Note I hate VPN on and the good ol crack works just fine.

Edit: Not saying VPN does anything, but I havent experienced any issue with it being on a server. Game says its going to use the servers to balance the game and get feedback but who the fuck knows lol.

oqphlbredv

Apr 16, 2022
Tried to play V17 this morning, once loaded in & after doing user login step, kept getting an error along the lines of "Error: UID"

Solved by removing the file "DevolutionUserID-crack.lic" from the /GameDir/DeltaZone/ folder.

Seems this file is created on a logon and probably used to authenticate next time, but doesn't work with the crack.
Can confirm that this works and I was still able to load a game and keep playing.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Wasn't the Server Verification in V16 too?
Nope. Now you literally need an online connection and allow the game to connect to an online server BEFORE you can actually do anything at all. It's new.

Before it only asked you for login or skip after you spawned into the map. Now it's the first thing that happens when you start the game and get into main menu. You either connect to server or exit the game.

Reactions: FappyJake

denri2000

Apr 6, 2023
In any case, we’ll get around this problem with the server.
If he thinks that he is the smartest, then he is mistaken. There are people much smarter)

Reactions: Pumpedur

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Did he add new enemies, new weapons? Or did he just decide to get rid of the pirates?
Well, the Highway map is much bigger, but even though there's plenty of water there, there are no tentacles. No new enemies that I saw either. Didn't notice new weapons, but did notice the textures for scrap versions had rust on them. Didn't see any new anims.

Reactions: denri2000

SC_Zero

Aug 27, 2023
Although Changelog will be available apparantley the next couple of days, here a quick overview what I found:
  • Highway Map:
    A lot bigger with new areas, much more enemies, looting points, hoverbikes und a drone site. The map is unfinished though, you can go out the map on mutiple points without climbing or glitchling through obstacles and many water puddles don't have tentacle enemies.
  • City Outskirts:
    More details like objects and vegetation. The trader right at the entrance to Highway moved to the entrance to Swamps
  • Swamps:
    Only small visual changes. One trader was completely removed (the one on the right, when coming from Highway)
  • Traders:
    Reworked enterly. All traders are now named und sell specified items exept the first one on Highway which remains an allporpose trader. As far, as I saw, they can now be leveled up and sell more things depending on how much money you spend. Speaking of money: The all have 125$
  • More lootable items on enemies (e.g. Gun Repair Parts)
  • Some tweaks to the difficulty levels (on easy enemies steal much MUCH less money)
  • New tentacle HA animation
  • New reloading animation for composite guns (maybe more for the lower tier weapons)
  • Some new voice lines for human enemies
  • Hoverbikes goes completly mad on acceleration with permanent boost. Probably a bug.
  • Button V for quick undressing in 3rd person doesn't work anymore. Probably a bug.
There might be more changes, but this is what I've discored so far.
BTW: My old save from V16 works with the crack. I just noticed, the game will crash, when I am typing the wrong ID and click Continue. Other than that, it works for me. For the savegame I just had to rename it in the save folder (AppData\Local\DeltaZone\Saved\SaveGames) to the new name schematic (231101b.sav).

Pumpedur

Jul 25, 2021
Yeah, we'll see. TJ888 produced the cracks, hoping he'll find a way around this too. For now, I've deleted it from my computer.

But, tbh, I'm not surprised by dev's decision. IIRC he was on here a while back and he was clearly very unhappy his game was leaked on this site and that people are playing it without supporting it with money.

It's sad though that with it being this early in development and with so many issues still outstanding that he would rather waste time on implementing something as yet-unneeded as DRM than actually invest that time into fixing many of game's issues or providing content that's actually been suggested or requested. What is that DRM protecting? A demo? It's like building Fort Knox only to then put a couple of 5 dollar bills into the vault.

Especially stupid waste when you realize that the game came out with breaking bugs and it DOESN'T EVEN WORK. Hardcore doesn't work, it CTDs before you can even run to the cache... And after testing it for 5 days he somehow missed that... Also, stupid on making a specific BUILD of win 10 as requirement (really? does he not know how many people are still on win 7 and 8?) is bollox.

After all, we must keep in mind that this game is barely at the stage of an old fashioned demo which were once free (before Steam was created and kids were made to believe paying for early access is the god's revelation).
Amen =) Dude, my game versions 15 and 16 just randomly went into “not responding” mode and stayed there until you turned it off through the task manager. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn’t pay for a game that can’t even be played reliably in the latest versions. I’m writing through a translator, so it may be written crookedly =)

denri2000

Apr 6, 2023
If he really wants to earn money, then it would be better to add advertising, watch 5-10 advertisements and unblock content, and those who paid are without advertising I'm sure +-5 thousand people play this game, 2 thousand a month from advertising alone

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
If he really wants to earn money, then it would be better to add advertising, watch 5-10 advertisements and unblock content, and those who paid are without advertising I'm sure +-5 thousand people play this game, 2 thousand a month from advertising alone
Or cater to the public more, that's usually how you get lots of traffic, include mainstream stuff into your niche work. Just look at some other devs, the money they get per month, while doing almost nothing after the first few good updates, shit's ridiculous. Devolution is rock-steady with his update intervals, my big respect for that, but he's following his own vision, without taking into regard what the players want. That is usually a path to getting a loyal, but small public. If you want to make it big you need to do some market research and then cater to the most popular choices (though, some would be hard to cater to, like cucking for example lmao).

I'm saying all this without knowing even tiny bit how much he earns, btw. Maybe he's actually gotten rich, I don't know.

JoyJoyas

Feb 19, 2023
Although Changelog will be available apparantley the next couple of days, here a quick overview what I found:
  • Highway Map:
    A lot bigger with new areas, much more enemies, looting points, hoverbikes und a drone site. The map is unfinished though, you can go out the map on mutiple points without climbing or glitchling through obstacles and many water puddles don't have tentacle enemies.
  • City Outskirts:
    More details like objects and vegetation. The trader right at the entrance to Highway moved to the entrance to Swamps
  • Swamps:
    Only small visual changes. One trader was completely removed (the one on the right, when coming from Highway)
  • Traders:
    Reworked enterly. All traders are now named und sell specified items exept the first one on Highway which remains an allporpose trader. As far, as I saw, they can now be leveled up and sell more things depending on how much money you spend. Speaking of money: The all have 125$
  • More lootable items on enemies (e.g. Gun Repair Parts)
  • Some tweaks to the difficulty levels (on easy enemies steal much MUCH less money)
  • New tentacle HA animation
  • New reloading animation for composite guns (maybe more for the lower tier weapons)
  • Some new voice lines for human enemies
  • Hoverbikes goes completly mad on acceleration with permanent boost. Probably a bug.
  • Button V for quick undressing in 3rd person doesn't work anymore. Probably a bug.
There might be more changes, but this is what I've discored so far.
BTW: My old save from V16 works with the crack. I just noticed, the game will crash, when I am typing the wrong ID and click Continue. Other than that, it works for me. For the savegame I just had to rename it in the save folder (AppData\Local\DeltaZone\Saved\SaveGames) to the new name schematic (231101b.sav).
Can u share save file?

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes