BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
no offense to the dev but he's complaining that he isn't getting enough patreons..
well what do you expect when you try to combine 2 genres that don't really work well together...
incest with harem/ntr paths ...
if you're in this for the money maybe it's time to revise your game plan?
EDIT : the pool of people that like those genres and don't mind them in a VN is not that high but best of luck

spiffs

May 20, 2019
Yes, you are right.
But I don't think it's very easy to make a Christmas special either. I don't think it will be done in 2 days.
This was the reason why he lost 50% of patrons and he has every right to be pissed off.
View attachment 1528897
That's why it bothers me when people say that games have to be made for the love of art. Nobody works for the love of art. Do you work for the love of art?
I am an electrician and when I do a job I don't tell the lady.
Hey this is worth so much if you want to pay me but if you don't it doesn't matter because I love my work?
When you have patrons, they make demands on you. Even people in this forum also demand and play for free. That generates stress.
That's true of sparks but I'm a chippy my work is not only for the love of art it is a work of art

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Coughs in Ravager, Kuroinu, Rance series, Black Bunny, and tons of other succesfull games including serve to all fetishes like Fenoxo's ones.
The only problem with Rape games is comment section being fluded with penniless SJW that usually dont support the games either way, but raise a stink about slave/rape/male dom and other such tags. And since they usually jobless half the time, they sometimes succeed at sounding like the majority when they complain.
I can see the mega support this dev gets for those kinks...indeed
EDIT : also half of those games you mentioned are made by japanese companies who cater to japan crowd... so it doesn't really fit in this example since we are talking about someone who wants to get support on patreon

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
We have a thread here if you have any questions, feedback or requests!
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

rance4747

May 25, 2018
I can see the mega support this dev gets for those kinks...indeed
EDIT : also half of those games you mentioned are made by japanese companies who cater to japan crowd... so it doesn't really fit in this example since we are talking about someone who wants to get support from patreon
25 patrons on ONE of the two platforms is actually not that bad after just 3-4 updates (do mind that rape lovers usually choose Subscribe star since less chances of game getting yeeted, so add at least as many there). Especially considereng non-handdrawn pics.

Compared to it you have vanilla 3d things like "Against Fate" with female protagonist that started at about same time and has only about 4 supporters despite having actual combat gameplay (meaning lot more effort went into coding)

Also, about Japan catered crowd.
Do consider that its pretty much the same excuse that current day comic makers in US make when they talk about not being losers compared to manga because they got political and lost 90% of their previous client base.
I bought half of the titles i mentioned. And Ravager on steam. So as long as western audience has that ability my point stands.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Devs that complain about lack of support ought not point the finger at their audience. Support for a game is built by hard work of the dev, not the audience. A lack of support may be the result of any number of reasons, but primary among them is probably a lack of marketing and salesmanship. Yes, you need to sell your game. You need your Patreon or gofundme or whatever to provide real value. Even if it is just a promotional item like a t-shirt or a digital download other than the game. Most devs don't do this and sink or swim solely on their product but you need to do something to get your foot in the door so to speak and once you do have supporters you need to work hard to keep their asses in the seats.

It is hard work. If you are going to slow the velocity of your project because you have to maintain employment to meet your financial obligations, that's a fucking personal problem, and blaming your audience because you need to have a job is tactless and insulting. Anyone who actually is supporting you is going to scoff because you come off as not appreciating it and anyone who isn't will not be induced to do so. Most of them are probably in the same situation and are going to play the world's smallest violin if they don't just cut their support. There is a Dev on this platform who had to pause his project to go and fight a war. He has yet to return. That's a real problem.

In short, if you want to get the kind of support that lets you tell your boss "I Quit" you are going to have a lot of sleepless nights and no days off. You are going to need to work hard and put out a quality project on time and exceed admittedly unreasonable expectations. There are no shortcuts to success. If you are straight with your audience and just let them know that a project is going to take longer because you are doing it as a hobby they will respect you for it. I've seen devs even pause or abandon games and still get showered with love because they owned it instead of blaming a lack of support or other external circumstances.

The dev of Fighting It even straight-up admitted that they had coded themselves into a corner and could not continue because they made a broken game. They still got a 21 gun salute from the forum because they were honest, didn't try to milk it, and took responsibility. Even in its broken form it was still better than 99% of the text-based games on the site. On the other hand, the dev of Heir Apparent blamed his audience for abandoning their previous game and is getting trashed daily for threatening to do so again because of a lack of support. It is a beautiful game, but a shitty attitude by its dev is retarding its growth more than a lack of support ever could.

Honesty, humility, and contrition will go a long way even if your project isn't turning out the way you hoped. I wish the dev luck. They are gonna need it.

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc stats // girls stats

mc.png girl.png

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)

2.20 star(s) 53 Votes