VN Ren'Py Completed Demon King Domination: Deluxe Edition [Belgerum]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I think I only have the translated ones.
there you go:

all the jsk games i have in store (english and japanese ones). i had to upload it on sendspace, 'cause the file is too large to be posted in the forum.

Reactions: ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
there you go:

all the jsk games i have in store (english and japanese ones). i had to upload it on sendspace, 'cause the file is too large to be posted in the forum.
Thanks. Wasn't missing that many it would seem.
The file names of some of them appear to be garbled though. But they still seem to work, so whatever.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Thanks. Wasn't missing that many it would seem.
The file names of some of them appear to be garbled though. But they still seem to work, so whatever.
some are japanese. if you don't have the japanese language pack installed you might only see squares and stuff as file names.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
some are japanese. if you don't have the japanese language pack installed you might only see squares and stuff as file names.
No it's not that. I have Windows 7. Language packs aren't a thing. Not on my version anyway. It's just that thing when files aren't properly packed or unpacked so they just become a bunch of jumbled up random letters. Seen it happen a few times before with some games. Usually changing my locale fixes them. But I can't be bothered to do that. And sometimes not even changing the locale does the trick.
Anyway, it's not a big deal. It looks like I actually had all of them. I must've at some point found and downloaded the ones I was missing and just forgot about them. Oh well. Thanks anyway. :)

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
No it's not that. I have Windows 7. Language packs aren't a thing. Not on my version anyway. It's just that thing when files aren't properly packed or unpacked so they just become a bunch of jumbled up random letters. Seen it happen a few times before with some games. Usually changing my locale fixes them. But I can't be bothered to do that. And sometimes not even changing the locale does the trick.
Anyway, it's not a big deal. It looks like I actually had all of them. I must've at some point found and downloaded the ones I was missing and just forgot about them. Oh well. Thanks anyway. :)
o.o. can you screenshot it for me? i would like to know how that looks like what you are describing.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
o.o. can you screenshot it for me? i would like to know how that looks like what you are describing.
I already deleted the files, so I can't screenshot them. But basically instead of Japanese characters the files are named ÄqòÉgîπ or similar.
You can find a bunch of forum posts talking about this with various solutions to the problem. But none of them ever worked for me other than changing my locale to Japanese. And that's a huge hassle. Either that or have the person who uploaded the file compress it again ''properly''. Whatever that means. I don't know what causes the corruption so I don't know what's the ''proper'' way to compress them in the first place.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I already deleted the files, so I can't screenshot them. But basically instead of Japanese characters the files are named ÄqòÉgîπ or similar.
You can find a bunch of forum posts talking about this with various solutions to the problem. But none of them ever worked for me other than changing my locale to Japanese. And that's a huge hassle. Either that or have the person who uploaded the file compress it again ''properly''. Whatever that means. I don't know what causes the corruption so I don't know what's the ''proper'' way to compress them in the first place.
as i expected. i had that too years ago, but i swear to god (and i really mean it) it was all due to the language pack i didn't install XD. after installing it everything changed into kanjis and i never had it anymore. doesn't matter for me how the zips are packaged. i get my KANJIIIIS all the time. and i'm also using windows 7. hm, hm, strange i tell ya.
but i also use a japanese non unicode, permanently (no applocale or something). hm, hm, hm.
anyway, juuuuust to clarify things (cause i'm not sure if you installed the language pack already or just think that you don't need it on ya win 7 version): you need it :p. in win 10 you just don't need it, 'cause it's preinstalled there.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
as i expected. i had that too years ago, but i swear to god (and i really mean it) it was all due to the language pack i didn't install XD. after installing it everything changed into kanjis and i never had it anymore. doesn't matter for me how the zips are packaged. i get my KANJIIIIS all the time. and i'm also using windows 7. hm, hm, strange i tell ya.
but i also use a japanese non unicode, permanently (no applocale or something). hm, hm, hm.
anyway, juuuuust to clarify things (cause i'm not sure if you installed the language pack already or just think that you don't need it on ya win 7 version): you need it :p. in win 10 you just don't need it, 'cause it's preinstalled there.
Like I said, there's no option for language packs on Windows 7. Not on the version I had before at least. I don't know about this one. How do you install those anyway? Is it in the Windows updates? Because if it's there then it's already installed. Did that day one.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Like I said, there's no option for language packs on Windows 7. Not on the version I had before anyway. I don't know about this one. How do you install those anyway? Is it in the Windows updates? Because if it's there then it's already installed. Did that day one.
YEEES! now i have the infos i need to help ya out. give me a minute to write you a step by step tutorial.

but here take a look at a general overview what you can do on ya pc to make it japanese style. i personally did step 1, step 2 and step 5. your problem is step 1. step 2 is just for writing stuff and step 5 is for using programs and games.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
YEEES! now i have the infos i need to help ya out. give me a minute to write you a step by step tutorial.

but here take a look at a general overview what you can do on ya pc to make it japanese style. i personally did step 1, step 2 and step 5. your problem is step 1. step 2 is just for writing stuff and step 5 is for using programs and games.
Pretty sure I already have Japanese in my Display Languages. At least I think that's Japanese. I don't know. It's in chex mix so it might be Chinese for all I know. Do I just have to switch that from English to Nippon every time I'm extracting Japanese files? Will that even affect WinRAR?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
@ponyguy
okay let's start this shit.

tutorial 1: windows update.
even if you did it already, do it again.
click on the windows symbol, then click on control panel.
search for the icon called windows update.
on the left side you will the option "search for updates". click on it and wait 'till it's done.
if he tells you that you have optional updates ready, click on it. DON'T click on "install updates". we want to know what he want's to install, right? ^^
if there are language packages ready to be downloaded, search for the japanese one. IF NOT, forget everything here and close everything.
if you however find it, mark it unmark everything else you don't wanna have and click on "install update".
if you need a video for tutorial 1, here you go (don't change your display language however):
edit: you might already read tutorial 2. i deleted it for safety, just do tutorial 1 first and tell me afterwards what you got.
oh and what windows 7 do you have? home or professional?

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
@ponyguy
okay let's start this shit.

tutorial 1: windows update.
even if you did it already, do it again.
click on the windows symbol, then click on control panel.
search for the icon called windows update.
on the left side you will the option "search for updates". click on it and wait 'till it's done.
if he tells you that you have optional updates ready, click on it. DON'T click on "install updates". we want to know what he want's to install, right? ^^
if there are language packages ready to be downloaded, search for the japanese one. IF NOT, forget everything here and close everything.
if you however find it, mark it unmark everything else you don't wanna have and click on "install update".
if you need a video for tutorial 1, here you go (don't change your display language however):
edit: you might already read tutorial 2. i deleted it for safety, just do tutorial 1 first and tell me afterwards what you got.
oh and what windows 7 do you have? home or professional?
There's no Japanese option there. I assume I already installed it when I first installed Windows, as I remember checking that.
I have Ultimate, last I checked.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
There's no Japanese option there. I assume I already installed it when I first installed Windows, as I remember checking that.
I have Ultimate, last I checked.
you have ultimate? now that's even easier then.
open your control panel again.
go to regions and languages.
click on the option bar keyboards and languages.
click on install display language.
search for japanese. *remember* don't change the display language, we just want to install one to be able to read it. changing would cause your language on your monitor to be changed.
restart pc.
now it should do the shit.

IF NOT, i will simply give you my fonts i have installed. then we will see if that at least works.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
you have ultimate? now that's even easier then.
open your control panel again.
go to regions and languages.
click on the option bar keyboards and languages.
click on install display language.
search for japanese. *remember* don't change the display language, we just want to install one to be able to read it. changing would cause your language on your monitor to be changed.
restart pc.
now it should do the shit.

IF NOT, i will simply give you my fonts i have installed. then we will see if that at least works.
When I click Install Display Languages it asks me if I want to launch Windows Update or browse computer or network.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
When I click Install Display Languages it asks me if I want to launch Windows Update or browse computer or network.
hm. try out the windows update first.
it just wants to know where to get the files from he wants to install.
if you can't install it through the first option. we will download the language pack manually and install it then through "browse computer".

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
hm. try out the windows update first.
it just wants to know where to get the files from he wants to install.
if you can't install it through the first option. we will download the language pack manually and install it then through "browse computer".
I did. It just checks for updates. Then gives me the same list of languages you posted above. With Japanese not being there because I already have it.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
okay let's see if you have the fonds:
press windows + E
go to your local harddrive (i guess your main harddrive will be C)
click on the folder windows
click on the folder fonts
now you will see all the supported characters.
check out if you have:
MS UI gothic standard
MS PMincho standard
MS PGothic standard
MS Mincho standard
MS Gothic standard
Meiryo UI
Meiryo

other than that i can only recommend you to change the non unicode to japanese. you can do it by going into the control panel, to regions and languages, administration, changing location => japanese. restart pc.

sometimes it helps to change your location (it's also in regions and locations) to japan. and after restarting simply change it back to your old location.

what i would like to know is, if you can even write japanese. this would tell us 100% that you installed the language pack. to do so simply follow these steps:
don't worry it won't mess your system or anything, but you can actually change your keyboard language with just one click to japanese, which is pretty cool :p. it owuld be nice to know if you can even do it or if you don't have the option to input a japanese keyboard setting.

but other than that i can only help out by checking your pc out with my very own eyes :/.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
okay let's see if you have the fonds:
press windows + E
go to your local harddrive (i guess your main harddrive will be C)
click on the folder windows
click on the folder fonts
now you will see all the supported characters.
check out if you have:
MS UI gothic standard
MS PMincho standard
MS PGothic standard
MS Mincho standard
MS Gothic standard
Meiryo UI
Meiryo

other than that i can only recommend you to change the non unicode to japanese. you can do it by going into the control panel, to regions and languages, administration, changing location => japanese. restart pc.

sometimes it helps to change your location (it's also in regions and locations) to japan. and after restarting simply change it back to your old location.

what i would like to know is, if you can even write japanese. this would tell us 100% that you installed the language pack. to do so simply follow these steps:
don't worry it won't mess your system or anything, but you can actually change your keyboard language with just one click to japanese, which is pretty cool :p. it owuld be nice to know if you can even do it or if you don't have the option to input a japanese keyboard setting.

but other than that i can only help out by checking your pc out with my very own eyes :/.
All of those fonts' names end with the word ''Regular'', not ''Standard''.
Also, some of them are faded. Don't know if that means if I have them or not.

Yes, I know how to change my locale to Japanese. But like I said, it's a hassle to do every time I need to extract a few files, and I'd rather not bother. Luckily it doesn't happen often.

I don't see how being able to write Japanese would help. It's not a function I require. My PC has no problem displaying the appropriate characters. It's just when it extracts them that it has trouble. Something about using shift-jis instead of shift or whatever. Something like that. Which you can only alter by changing the locale or using a locale emulator. However Locale Emulators don't work on WinRAR sadly. Oh well. Nothing's perfect.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes