Ren'Py Desert Adventure - Preview and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
patreonuvod.png

Overview:
Your goal is to play a role of a young man who has to become a slaver and a slave trainer to pay debts his uncle left to him.

The story takes place in an ancient desert city called Mera. The city that used to be a pearl of the Orient, becomes the center of the slave trade under the Sultan's reign.

Explore with our hero every corner of this unique place and reveal life stories of the people who live there.
Who knows? Maybe while strolling a dirty alley you will meet a great slave, maybe you will find the love of your life and maybe... you will manage to save your own life.
Remember, you owe money to the Sultan himself and he doesn't forgive any debts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Title: Desert Adventure
Expected release date: 15.9.2019
Censored: No
Language: English
Genre: 3DCG, Male Protagonist, Corruption, Exhibitionism, Fantasy... still working on it!!

Characters:

Rayan

hrac.png
Babak
2.png

Faruk

1.png

Random girl
mava.png

Random girl 2

usmev.png

Abi
abi.png

Iskandar
premysli-novy.png

Fidda
sadira0.png

Raska
1.png

There will be more characters like Sultan, his daughter etc.

Preview of the game:

nahled1.PNG trzistedencele.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

Last edited:

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Any comments, questions and ideas are welcome.
I would like to hear the opinion of potential players.

215303j

Looks like an interesting premise!

I see a bit of a discrepancy between the male and female renders. The males are looking unusually good (not in a gay way) but realistic, especially the old man and the bald guy. Congratulations, because the stock Daz males are usually the let down in these games (not in a gay way again). The females on the other hand look a bit cartoonish, especially with the big eyes, and are not that appealing to me. Unless you want to go for a cartoonish look, but then you may have to tone down the guys.

I like the fact that it'll not be a trainer / management game as I don't like grinding. But I do hope that you can do something interesting with the slave girls. By nature, slave girls are a bit "flat" characters, because they are losing part of their humanity (free will) by becoming slaves. It would be interesting to see a romantic relationship between the MC and one of his slaves, where she's opening up more and more of herself as they get more intimate. Kind of like the game Teaching Feeling. Another path could be a cold dominant path where you just fuck the slave and dump her back into the pen/brothel.

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Looks like an interesting premise!

I see a bit of a discrepancy between the male and female renders. The males are looking unusually good (not in a gay way) but realistic, especially the old man and the bald guy. Congratulations, because the stock Daz males are usually the let down in these games (not in a gay way again). The females on the other hand look a bit cartoonish, especially with the big eyes, and are not that appealing to me. Unless you want to go for a cartoonish look, but then you may have to tone down the guys.

I like the fact that it'll not be a trainer / management game as I don't like grinding. But I do hope that you can do something interesting with the slave girls. By nature, slave girls are a bit "flat" characters, because they are losing part of their humanity (free will) by becoming slaves. It would be interesting to see a romantic relationship between the MC and one of his slaves, where she's opening up more and more of herself as they get more intimate. Kind of like the game Teaching Feeling. Another path could be a cold dominant path where you just fuck the slave and dump her back into the pen/brothel.
To be honest there's a difference in male and female styling. Females are more cartoonish (that is an effect I want to achieve). I would say it is mix cartoon vs real 50x50. On the other side males are mix cartoon vs real 30x70 (it all depends on each character). If I make a male mix 50x50, the result is weird (at least to me). I don't like guys with big eyes. On the other hand I don't want to go into a real looking characters. Plus rendering cartoonish characters is much faster ;).
So it's a compromise between two variants.

Maybe I will try to make guys more cartoonish...

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hmm, I’m not sure how I feel about the style of the female models. A couple of them sort of remind me of Gollum, which I’m sure isn’t a comparison you’d like or intended to hear. Maybe you could make their eyes a little smaller, and heads less round.

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Hmm, I’m not sure how I feel about the style of the female models. A couple of them sort of remind me of Gollum, which I’m sure isn’t a comparison you’d like or intended to hear. Maybe you could make their eyes a little smaller, and heads less round.
OK I will make 3 different options and let users vote for the best one.

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Well at the end I kinda find a way to render scene with more high resolution figures on my PC. I'm using scene optimizer - script for minimize textures. It actually reduce the size of a scene like 2-3X times without loosing much quality. If you minimize textures of object far from camera you cannot see difference. At least for my game with resolution 1280x720 it is fine. Still cannot use more that 9-10 figures but nothing is perfect.
So new background will look like this. I will not use the low-poly arabian figures (you can see it in preview image).
new-background.png

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I have modified the overall look of the game. Characters are more real and I changed backgrounds of the game. Now there aren't low-poly figures. You can see new character design in the first post.
Feel free to tell me your opinion ...
Thanks

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Still alive :).

In last 3 weeks I posted few questions here and change the overall looks of the game based on your suggestions. Not a big changes but I think this changes improve the game.

So right now I am in a phase where all backgrounds and characters are finished. Now it is time to add some story... Still thinking how to do it in best possible way.

Game background:

1.PNG

Hover effect:

3.png

Interaction with the character:

2.PNG

Any suggestions, ideas and comments are welcome. After all it is game for you ;)

215303j

Looking good, but why not just stick to a normal arrow?
This makes me think that the game is thinking about something. (which is never a good idea :p)

Reactions: Grumpy Eagle

Kalrotix

Sep 27, 2017
I just find this project. it looks very intersting !

So we will play a slave trader ? Will we have the possibility to have special girls that we could enslave and train ? A little like in this game :

What will be the objectiv of our character ? become to wealthier man in the city ? Become Sultan?

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Looking good, but why not just stick to a normal arrow?
This makes me think that the game is thinking about something. (which is never a good idea :p)
Not sure what do you mean with "normal arrow"? You mean the hover effect?

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Yep. Maybe I misunderstood something?
Well the point is that there is many locations in the game. On most locations you can interact with characters, collect things etc. But everytime you want to interact, open the door or whatever you have to click on the door, character etc. I don't want to show it to the player. I want the player to explore every location and find those action points.

So that it why there is hover effect and why I don't want to mark (show) this action points.

Of course I can change gears to arrow. That is no problem.
It just seems to me logic gears = action. So that is why ;)

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I just find this project. it looks very intersting !

So we will play a slave trader ? Will we have the possibility to have special girls that we could enslave and train ? A little like in this game :

What will be the objectiv of our character ? become to wealthier man in the city ? Become Sultan?
Well good question...
Before I started to actually created this game I had many ideas. Now I have to face reality that I cannot have everything I want. Sadly...

Anyway. Basic idea is probably against most of training-slave-adult games (whatever you call it).
You play as a slave trader but main character actually don't want to train anybody. Character is forced to do it.

I don't want to have main character who wants to fuck every human being in the game. I want to create interesting characters. Don't expect sex scene in first 10 minutes of the game. Hero doesn't want to be sultan or wealthier man in the city. When I write dialogues I still imagine him as Joe Hallenbeck from the movie The Last Boy Scout. Sarcastic jerk who hates himself...

I like teasing, talking, flirting... That's what I want in this game.

So yes there is slave training like in the game you post (I didn't play that game). On the other hand there is another 3-4 female characters and they are not slaves.

Still trying to figure how to present the story...

Kalrotix

Sep 27, 2017
Well good question...
Before I started to actually created this game I had many ideas. Now I have to face reality that I cannot have everything I want. Sadly...

Anyway. Basic idea is probably against most of training-slave-adult games (whatever you call it).
You play as a slave trader but main character actually don't want to train anybody. Character is forced to do it.

I don't want to have main character who wants to fuck every human being in the game. I want to create interesting characters. Don't expect sex scene in first 10 minutes of the game. Hero doesn't want to be sultan or wealthier man in the city. When I write dialogues I still imagine him as Joe Hallenbeck from the movie The Last Boy Scout. Sarcastic jerk who hates himself...

I like teasing, talking, flirting... That's what I want in this game.

So yes there is slave training like in the game you post (I didn't play that game). On the other hand there is another 3-4 female characters and they are not slaves.

Still trying to figure how to present the story...

Well it's also an interesting concept. Playing a man who is force to be a jerk to survive is a concept that I didn't see for the moment in this type of game. I will continue to survey your project !

For the story do you already have an idea of what it will consist ?

Grumpy Eagle

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Well it's also an interesting concept. Playing a man who is force to be a jerk to survive is a concept that I didn't see for the moment in this type of game. I will continue to survey your project !

For the story do you already have an idea of what it will consist ?
Well I would like to create few more or less independent storylines. This mean that you can basically skip whatever storyline you want. If there is girl character which you don't like you don't have to play it. You will miss some story details but that is your choice.

Core line is slave training - you have to play this line to progress in the game.
Than there are another 3-4 female characters each one with unique story.

1. The head of the rebels
2 Sultan's daughter
3. Hero's ex-girlfriend
4. "Witch"

Moreover there is commander of city guards, another slaver, homeless guy...

I want to give players feeling that they actually live in the city (they can do whatever they want). Not like "OK I am reading a story with pictures".

So you can work for a group of rebels. You can seduce sultan's daughter. You can interact with ex-girlfriend. But you don't have to. You can only train your slave and finish game as soon as possible.

That is the concept!!! This is how it should look. First release will be of course much smaller.

Reactions: Kalrotix

Kalrotix

Sep 27, 2017
Well I would like to create few more or less independent storylines. This mean that you can basically skip whatever storyline you want. If there is girl character which you don't like you don't have to play it. You will miss some story details but that is your choice.

Core line is slave training - you have to play this line to progress in the game.
Than there are another 3-4 female characters each one with unique story.

1. The head of the rebels
2 Sultan's daughter
3. Hero's ex-girlfriend
4. "Witch"

Moreover there is commander of city guards, another slaver, homeless guy...

I want to give players feeling that they actually live in the city (they can do whatever they want). Not like "OK I am reading a story with pictures".

So you can work for a group of rebels. You can seduce sultan's daughter. You can interact with ex-girlfriend. But you don't have to. You can only train your slave and finish game as soon as possible.

That is the concept!!! This is how it should look. First release will be of course much smaller.
It's look promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.