JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Intermittent Coherence

Unfortunately for you, you (and we) will (most likely) never found out (anytime soon) why this mysterious anomaly happened. As with any BETA releases, there will be no support provided. BETA testers were only requested to report all the bugs, typo etc. and the game developer obligations (and utmost priorities) are to fix those reported issues.

Investigating corner cases like this one falls short within the limited timeframe that the developer has. Hopefully, the issue is somehow fixed (as a byproduct result of the other fixes that went into the game following the BETA bug reports) when the official version is released. By then, as more players have access to and play the (official release) game, we will find out if this is a big problem for many and wll be able to pinpoint the issue for it to be fixed.

In the meantime, just be patient all I can say to you. Cheers.

Edit: DS team gets around to investigate the issue and it is not a bug as confirmed here.

Last edited:

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021
whats the difference with this beta and Official it is okay to play beta now or i wait the official release??

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
storytelling allows you to choose characters you'd like to interact with and content you'd want to see. So the game has parts that you can miss, or content blocked due to choices you've made, eventually influencing whole parts of game or maybe endings
all for game replayability and player's choice
I played enough VNs to understand that but I am simply pointing out that as of right now the content that exist is heavily in favor of saving the elf. Since there appears to be no consequence to saving her. At first the game makes it seems like you miss getting a reward from the queen but then you get a new slave anyways. Meanwhile if you don't save the elf you simply just miss a bunch of content. As far as I can tell right now there is no reason not to save the elf unless I missed a scene or two that gets unlocked by not saving her.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
whats the difference with this beta and Official it is okay to play beta now or i wait the official release??
A few definitions:
Beta software that has not yet been released but has received an alpha test and still has more bugs than a regular release.

Beta software refers to computer software that is undergoing testing and has not yet been officially released. The beta phase follows the alpha phase, but precedes the final version. Some beta software is only made available to a select number of users, while other beta programs are released to the general public.

Beta refers to the phase in software development between the alpha phase and the release candidate phase. The software is generally considered "complete" by the developer but still not ready for general use due to a lack of testing "in the wild."
I don't know the exact definition that the Desert Stalker team uses but it not that different from the ones I listed above. Also, I am not aware of any Alpha release, so most likely DS team lumps Alpha and Beta release together into Beta (and Alpha is just basically ZetanDS playtesting as he develops the game) to simplify the release cycle.

It is up to you if you want to play it now or wait. Just my 2 cents, if you download and play it now then you will most likely have to download and play the game again when the Official version is released. Cheers.

Edit: If you read posts by other members on this thread about the BETA, then you will also have better reasons either to play now or wait. Do you want to risk of not being able to play Ivy quest similar to what Intermittent Coherence had experience and not knowing why? (Okay that one appears to be a bug but is not) Usually, the Official Release will be available to the public (broke ass pirates free) less than a week after it was released to Patreon subscribers (paid).

Last edited:
Reactions: Yngling and r4iden

Deleted member 4725210

Mar 7, 2022
[Ren'Py] Desert Stalker [v0.11 Beta] [Zetan] [MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 2.73GB
Repack size: 775MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / / /
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) = WorkUpload (Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :whistle:

Compressed Size Mac: 772 MB: - WORKUPLOAD

post - https://f95zone.to/threads/desert-stalker-v0-11-beta-zetan.68105/post-9356226
Can you please put a WU link?

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Edit:
I went back on a previous save and left Mantis at the Hive and I still got the Ivy quest. The only thing I can think of at this point is you must have somehow messed up on your conversations with Ivy. Try redoing your choices with Ivy and be as patient/understanding as possible and see if that fixes it.
Mmm... i don't have this stuff... i've been as nice as humanly possible with Ivy/Yuna, still no icon. I'm generally playing a do-godder path. I took mantis back.

EDIT: Does it lead to the cave scene with Ivy? I've been there. But i don't remember how.

EDIT 2: Ok, i had that icon, it just didn't stick with my mind. If it helps my key-choices with Ivy should have been those:
- I killed the decayed and saved her
- I stopped the fatso from killing the girl slave when ivy wanted to meet MC in Zeta.
- I at the mutants bunker dormitory i didn't press ivy, i joined hands with her then i banged Fang.
- I took mantis away from the hive (but this doesn't seem to be important)
- I was cool when speaking with Ivy at home during the night visit.

Last edited:

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Mmm... i don't have this stuff... i've been as nice as humanly possible with Ivy/Yuna, still no icon. I'm generally playing a do-godder path. I took mantis back.

EDIT: Does it lead to the cave scene with Ivy? I've been there. But i don't remember how.

EDIT 2: Ok, i had that icon, it just didn't stick with my mind. If it helps my key-choices with Ivy should have been those:
- I killed the decayed and saved her
- I stopped the fatso from killing the girl slave when ivy wanted to meet MC in Zeta.
- I at the mutants bunker dormitory i didn't press ivy, i joined hands with her then i banged Fang.
- I took mantis away from the hive (but this doesn't seem to be important)
- I was cool when speaking with Ivy at home during the night visit.
well this got me now worried, i really hope that those of us that have killed the mutants at start wont have to replay the thing from start.
havent yet play the new content, but based on kill or trade i see only 2 changes in variables in 0.10 version
kill
decayed_event1 = False
lost_artifact = False

trade
decayed_event1 = True
lost_artifact = True

also on kill end of 0.10 got
ivy_q4 = False for some reason thinking.png - 1st 3 triggers when she visits you at home, last one doesnt

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Yngling

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I think changing that is stupid and would be going against Ivy's character.
I forgot about that scene. I usually let her eye colour lead me in the right direction of what choices are best.

yeah, it's pretty hot. Just call Ain over, and you'll get a choice to let Zahra join (if you're trying to figure out how).
At first I was a little disappointed we couldn't do more with Kat, but what MC said made sense. It will be more fun back at the villa where we don't have to rush through it. Baby making with a virgin is serious business and needs to be done properly. :sneaky:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
At first I was a little disappointed we couldn't do more with Kat, but what MC said made sense. It will be more fun back at the villa where we don't have to rush through it. Baby making with a virgin is serious business and needs to be done properly. :sneaky:
My friend, I agree and the first chance I get back home, I will be breeding dear Kat. :love:

OctoPriest

Mar 28, 2017
Holy crap, far and away one of my favorite games on here! Not only is it visually impressive, but the immersiveness and depth to the story is GREAT! Normally I can't stand multiple path games here, but the choices genuinely feel important, far beyond the usual "Which romance path am I gonna take" choice in most others, while at the same time feeling like you're not missing out on a ton of content even if you choose a certain way. The pathing continues on. Anyhow, yeah, just saying it's awesome. Five stars.

4.80 star(s) 592 Votes