Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
After doing a search, looking through the data in the OP, the game defs and even in the "library", but to no avail, I'm still unsure about the impact of "help" and "self" choices for Shani. Can someone help me understand how these play into things?

It appears that "help" may mean she is more prone to being a helpful person and looking to the "greater good" rather than thinking first of herself - an "interdependent" person, capable of being what she needs to be for herself and others, but not afraid to help, or be helped, as circumstances require.

"Self' suggests to me that she would be more focused on fierce independence, seeking to avoid needing aid from others, and easily walking away when helping someone not herself or her father could put her at risk.

As I write this, "help" seems to me to be the path of a more full, if not riskier, life, while "self" seems to be one of isolation and loneliness. But, I may be entirely wrong. ;)

That's the best I got right now with my own self-help - if someone knows the real answer (if there is one) it would be nice to know. :)

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I just read the the "definition" of the ride-or-die on multiple sites, so maybe I don't get it fully, but I don't want Zahra to be fully loyal, I want her to slap me in the face when I'm being stupid :D
Like when in the basement during Ain's punishment, MC's little head takes control, she interrupts it and she takes care of you properly. If that's inside of ride-or-die, then ok. If not, then I hope she won't change.
My understanding of "ride-or-die" was always someone who's going to stick with you till the end and won't bounce if shit gets tough in life. We either ride together or die together.
It may cover that, idk. It doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't. I thought about it when comparing her to her sister. Zahra was and is fully supportive of Zetan and will stick by him. Doesn't mean she can't help keep his head on straight in the process.

Jun 16, 2022

View attachment 2690679
View attachment 2690680
Alright, this is the last preview before the beta release next weekend so it deserves a proper teaser. We've made a lot of progress this week, and next week I will be adding more things to make the narration enjoyable, work on the quest log, try to fix any remaining animation issues (if I don't make it in time they will come in-game after the beta). Also, just as another headsup, this is the first update after the tier reshuffling some months ago (3 day release interval between tiers).

I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready

Render progress:
Shani's Zone pt. 3: 90%

Aftermath:
Scene 1: 100%
Scene 2: 100%
Scene 3: 100%
Scene 4: 100%
Scene 5: 100%
Scene 6: 100%
Scene 7: 100%

Queen's Palace: 90%
Harem:
Emilia + Ain: 90%
Reworks:
d5g (Ain's basement punishment): 90%
d4d (Talia + Lirah): 90%
The more and more I look at Shani's face, I can't help but think of young Zahra in those flashbacks to when her and Zaton first encounter one another. Also, that outfit for Shani perfectly shows off her athletic physique.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
After doing a search, looking through the data in the OP, the game defs and even in the "library", but to no avail, I'm still unsure about the impact of "help" and "self" choices for Shani. Can someone help me understand how these play into things?

It appears that "help" may mean she is more prone to being a helpful person and looking to the "greater good" rather than thinking first of herself - an "interdependent" person, capable of being what she needs to be for herself and others, but not afraid to help, or be helped, as circumstances require.

"Self' suggests to me that she would be more focused on fierce independence, seeking to avoid needing aid from others, and easily walking away when helping someone not herself or her father could put her at risk.

As I write this, "help" seems to me to be the path of a more full, if not riskier, life, while "self" seems to be one of isolation and loneliness. But, I may be entirely wrong. ;)

That's the best I got right now with my own self-help - if someone knows the real answer (if there is one) it would be nice to know. :)
Yep, I interpreted them pretty much the same way. I took "help" as trying to live for the "greater good" and "self" as self-centered or selfish - placing one's own needs first. I tried for a bit of a balance. Sometimes she will definitely need to place her own survival above all else but, when possible, go the extra mile to try and make a better world... A bit altruistic, perhaps. But, hey, I'm stuck with me for the duration.:cool:

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
With those jugs shany would hardly be able to fight irl. Not even talking about women's weaker strength compared to men. But it's a nice fantasy i guess.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Yep, I interpreted them pretty much the same way. I took "help" as trying to live for the "greater good" and "self" as self-centered or selfish - placing one's own needs first. I tried for a bit of a balance. Sometimes she will definitely need to place her own survival above all else but, when possible, go the extra mile to try and make a better world... A bit altruistic, perhaps. But, hey, I'm stuck with me for the duration.:cool:
I'm playing that way as well. The "Zone" scene at the cabin more or less cemented for me that understanding.

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I'm playing that way as well. The "Zone" scene at the cabin more or less cemented for me that understanding.
Yup, also the conversations at the start and end of the temple raid early in the story. They talk quite a lot and the choices will make you think about the kind of guidance you want to give her.

Reactions: Son of Durin

ksatnod

Jan 6, 2019
The more and more I look at Shani's face, I can't help but think of young Zahra in those flashbacks to when her and Zaton first encounter one another. Also, that outfit for Shani perfectly shows off her athletic physique.
I think there's a line at some point where Zahra says Ain takes after her, but she definitely has to be refering to Ain's personality because Shani definitely favors Zahra more physically. The flashback is where it is most obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenEyeDrake

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Just curious if I've hit a snag or if there are "previews" at the end of 12b.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is this something normally done, or did something break on me?

Just seems odd that it's ending without explicitly saying "end of this release/chapter/episode" as most over VNs do.

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes