tuekop

Aug 26, 2020
Living in a dessert where the raw materials became scarce, i still wonder from where the actual resource came from..:unsure: but if its scarce i would like to have an option to eat the person im about to end or feed it to my animals so later i could eat my live stocks.

• Wow
Reactions: wildride69

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Living in a dessert where the raw materials became scarce, i still wonder from where the actual resource came from..:unsure: but if its scarce i would like to have an option to eat the person im about to end or feed it to my animals so later i could eat my live stocks.
Why there would be scarcety of resources? The only issue i can see is grow crops in the desert, but it's Egipt, it's even today a desert. I guess the Nile river is still there and there are crops outside the visible map.
About construction and crafting material, they have the whole Cairo ruins to pillage and active mines. There is nothing that points toward lacking much of anything.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Actually (yes, I said it) the Nile is very much not there anymore. in fact, Asani lives where the Nile once used to flow.
one working theory that isn't canon but might become it (it's not definite yet), is that a big part of that water has found a new path underground, which is what fuels the scarce water pits that people use to collect water from.
You could say it is possible that Zeta and Adira are located where they are located because they sit on top of underwater basins that formed with the falling of the Nile through the cracks of a breaking earth.
again, theory crafting that might never become definite canon, to explain at least in part the survival of people in what has been for a long time a toxic wasteland. Zones are not a reliable source of raw material or special items on which to build a civilisation on... and Cairo itself is mostly a toxic place, which is why only Decayed thrive there.

Water is a highly prized resource. In fact, the Thermae are more a power move than a simple relaxation space. The queen shows her absolute power and wealth by essentially wasting a lot of water.

If you look at it hard enough, the economic structure that sustains Zeta and its surrounding falls to pieces very quickly. We handwave a fair bit of it, and what we don't handwave either remains in the background or is expressed in very broad terms that would not hold up to scrutiny (but then, neither do 400 year old car batteries).

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Actually (yes, I said it) the Nile is very much not there anymore. in fact, Asani lives where the Nile once used to flow.
one working theory that isn't canon but might become it (it's not definite yet), is that a big part of that water has found a new path underground, which is what fuels the scare water pits that people use to collect water from.
You could say it is possible that Zeta and Adira are located where they are located because they sit on top of underwater basins that formed with the falling of the Nile through the cracks of a breaking earth.
again, theory crafting that might never become definite canon, to explain at least in part the survival of people in what has been for a long time a toxic wasteland. Zones are not a reliable source of raw material or special items on which to build a civilisation on... and Cairo itself is mostly a toxic place, which is why only Decayed thrive there.

Water is a highly prized resource. In fact, the Thermae are more a power move than a simple relaxation space. The queen shows her absolute power and wealth by essentially wasting a lot of water.

If you look at it hard enough, the economic structure that sustains Zeta and its surrounding falls to pieces very quickly. We handwave a fair bit of it, and what we don't handwave either remains in the background or is expressed in very broad terms that would not hold up to scrutiny (but then, neither do 400 year old car batteries).
The underground water theory is not bad, keep in mind that old civilizations cities were always build near the natural sources of water. You can raise cattle and crops almost anywhere as long as you have plenty of water.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Underground Nile river? Well, if it still flows, it means the
dried out again? :D

The main evidence for the evaporative drawdown of the Mediterranean comes from the remains of many (now submerged) canyons that were cut into the sides of the dry Mediterranean basin by rivers flowing down to the abyssal plain. For example, the Nile cut its bed down to 200 metres (660 feet) below sea level at Aswan (where Ivan S. Chumakov found marine Pliocene Foraminifera in 1967), and 2,500 m (8,200 ft) below sea level just north of Cairo.

Reactions: DarkDank and Ragnar

tuekop

Aug 26, 2020
Why there would be scarcety of resources? The only issue i can see is grow crops in the desert, but it's Egipt, it's even today a desert. I guess the Nile river is still there and there are crops outside the visible map.
About construction and crafting material, they have the whole Cairo ruins to pillage and active mines. There is nothing that points toward lacking much of anything.
Btw, its egypt not egipt.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
A multitude of pretty girls like the same guy, and eachother, with little drama or jealousy interfering with their interpersonal relationships.

Totally unrealistic. Immersion ruined.
Thats why it's a game, not real life. If thats the sole reason for your immersion, you have my sympathies, which are none.

Reactions: DBAV

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Requesting is not the same as begging bcz of people like u the word has lost its meaning in my country there are alot of beggars and none of them chose to live like that just imagine what it would feel like sleeping beside a ditch and being forced to scour dustbins to get something to eat.
Quite a non-sequitur there, buddy.

Reactions: Son of Durin

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
A multitude of pretty girls like the same guy, and eachother, with little drama or jealousy interfering with their interpersonal relationships.

Totally unrealistic. Immersion ruined.
Nearly all of my adult life, I've associated with polyamorous people, so rather normal in my experience.

4.80 star(s) 613 Votes