The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Shadow Code is still working on the program that allows me to build game mode on my projects where I no longer have to bother a programmer. It's one of those things where, I promise I'll start advertising the second that it is done!

D.VaBeast

Jan 11, 2020
I just found this game and wow, the female protagonist is amazing and hot. The transformations and mind control corruption is soooooo good. Awesome piece of work, can't wait to see the development on SB conversion.

Reactions: The Anax

hiwarren1

Mar 9, 2020
There seems to be a problem when encountering Siri. I finished the goblin/troll cave hunt and after coming back and talking to the denizens of the Sanctuary one by one, starting from the top left and moving right, I encounter this when visiting Siri:

Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<switch>>

Error: child tag <<case>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<switch>>

Now this repeats and causes the page to show multiple Siri scenes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With the final scene revealed as one with Lycaon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, on the Explore Sanctuary page where you choose which room to visit, there is still the:

Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<if>>

warning between the 'Which room will you visit?' header and the image links.

Just a heads up.
Was there ever a fix for this? When I try exploring the laboratory or storeroom for the first time, I get this error multiple times, and what looks like 8 or 9 segments of a story. They storeroom and laboratory are then blacked out, and when I do one dungeon, it acts like I'm rescuing Siri, who I just met in the Laboratory, then catapults me from chapter 4 to chapter 15... This happened on 4 different browsers...

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Yes for those that have not been following me for the past couple of years, what happened is a programmer volunteered to help me finish the game mode. In doing so we had to gut it, the version that you have right now the game mode is not working properly.

That was quite some time ago, since then he was developing a really cool tool for me to use to build my future novels. However a couple of months ago he disappeared. I am not sure what happened, I'm hoping to hear from him again, but in the meantime the game mode cannot be completed until he helps me rebuild it like he was doing.

If you're interested in the story, I would just just play story mode, I believe it works on this version all the way up until the museum where you encounter me, and then after that it stops. My $5 and up patrons have the entire story mode including the character unlocks, but I'm not going to release that publicly until I have the game mode done.

hiwarren1

Mar 9, 2020
Yes for those that have not been following me for the past couple of years, what happened is a programmer volunteered to help me finish the game mode. In doing so we had to gut it, the version that you have right now the game mode is not working properly.

That was quite some time ago, since then he was developing a really cool tool for me to use to build my future novels. However a couple of months ago he disappeared. I am not sure what happened, I'm hoping to hear from him again, but in the meantime the game mode cannot be completed until he helps me rebuild it like he was doing.

If you're interested in the story, I would just just play story mode, I believe it works on this version all the way up until the museum where you encounter me, and then after that it stops. My $5 and up patrons have the entire story mode including the character unlocks, but I'm not going to release that publicly until I have the game mode done.
Awesome!

Thank you for the amazingly quick reply. :) I'll do as you suggest and play story mode and hope your codemeister returns soon!

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018

Any plan to release complete story mode here or atleast update current version with character unlock? It's almost a year now and I doubt that programmer guy is coming back anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fanatic Vortex

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Any plan to release complete story mode here or atleast update current version with character unlock? It's almost a year now and I doubt that programmer guy is coming back anytime soon.
He actually only left or disappeared about 2 months ago. He had disappeared before for a little while too, he seems to come and go. I'd say we're probably about 80 to 90% done so when he does show up again I'll be able to finish this. In the meantime I'm going to hold off. I'd rather just get this completely finished even if it requires other help, and then release the whole thing as it's supposed to be.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
He actually only left or disappeared about 2 months ago. He had disappeared before for a little while too, he seems to come and go. I'd say we're probably about 80 to 90% done so when he does show up again I'll be able to finish this. In the meantime I'm going to hold off. I'd rather just get this completely finished even if it requires other help, and then release the whole thing as it's supposed to be.
Good to know. Thank you for the update.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
do 5 dollar patrons get the vampire lair?
They have the full story mode, including the entire vampire layer and the epilogue. It also includes all bad ends and all of the character unlocks. However I want to reiterate, this is story mode only! The game mode still does not have the vampire layer.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
i am a 5 dollar patron where can I download it?
Thank you for investing in my hard work! It's in the Investors All channel on my Discord. I pinned it there! Message me in Discord if you need anything else and thanks again!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Will there be new Bad Endings in the complete version?
All of the Shanghai Tunnels Bad Ends will be made available in it. (What the $5 and up investors have with the Story Mode). Otherwise, that completed DBB so I have been working on Giggle Night now.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
We were talking about that in Discord today. If Shadow Code does not show by the time I release GN Ch5 to investors, then, I'll probably pause SB:C for a week or so and focus on removing Game Mode from D:BB and release it publicly maybe for Halloween, it'd be around the same time.

Reactions: phantasm848
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes