TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
I know people want to rush to the "he has a mental illness defense", but this dude literally wrote a page of content for all of these paths, that no one cares about. He makes over $1,000 a month too.

It's kind of just impressive how much you can make, for so little work.
How do you figure no one cares for those paths? It's also not a defense but the truth.

thebot

Nov 14, 2020
does anyone know how to fix this issue its right after you pick any of austins choices when he sees something in the forest 1670561735475.png 1670561768038.png

Jul 22, 2017
Is there any sort of guide for this game, even if it's just general? I'm trying to get all of the gay (male) stuff but reading through tons of shit that isn't what I'm interested in is killing my vibe.

Reactions: cynsaur and Νømad

something879

Nov 2, 2017
Is there any sort of guide for this game, even if it's just general? I'm trying to get all of the gay (male) stuff but reading through tons of shit that isn't what I'm interested in is killing my vibe.
You'll want to focus on Eric and Jamie, as they are the guys with most content last I remember. I think Eric had more gay content but not 100% sure. Sadly due to the nature of "CYOA" games like this, you can't really make guides easily.

Jul 22, 2017
You'll want to focus on Eric and Jamie, as they are the guys with most content last I remember. I think Eric had more gay content but not 100% sure. Sadly due to the nature of "CYOA" games like this, you can't really make guides easily.
Just pointing me in the general direction is all that I need, appreciate it.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
The version history button is the closest that exists, to my knowledge.

xana94

Nov 13, 2021

So, a few things to talk about this month, one before the updates and one after.
This month I yet again ran into a limitation of Twine 1 being an old program for an old version of Windows: even with everyone separated into their own files, it was simply too much for the program to properly put into an html and characters were being left out.
While there have been a few suggested fixes, none have manifested yet, so for right now the temporary(?) fix that works is to split Devious World into two for male and female starting characters. It was a simple technical decision since any other division (such as by age group) wouldn't have solved the problem, which is that Cyan and Eric (and increasingly Jamie) can't play nice together. Hopefully if another fix shows up, the reintegration should be as relatively easy as the split was.
Now, on to the updates. There were admittedly a fair few false starts this month, and I didn't get nearly as much done on some of the new stuff as I wanted (especially the new Mundanity character), but it's still a big, meaty update I think, so enjoy:
Devious Mundanity
  • Main: Grimalkin can now decide to go solo rather than repairing any of his pack.
  • New character Riley has been added to male chargen.
Devious World (F)
  • Main: Male dungeon lord Cyan can now choose Epic Device or Glorious Tome in the Ultra Gacha.
  • Main: Altered the passage where demon Cyan in the haunted house focuses on the boys and went from there.
  • Main: Cyan can admit to Rina that she snagged a tentacle alien egg.
  • Main: Cyan can become a home product tester for AppAssure.
  • Main: Cyan can now do world modification in modded VR Skyrim.
  • Main: Marei can join Salli and Ken when she catches them. She can also choose a collar when shopping for the club with Salli.
  • Main: Layla can suggest Hill Heights for her father's relocation.
Devious World (M)
  • Main: Jamie can find he prefers Doctor Kal's fingers. He can also enter the decon room alone.
  • Main: Jack can realize his son wants him to start dating again.
  • Main: An alternative fork has been added to Jamie's job at Monofilament.
  • Main: Rags-clad male fighter Eric can focus on taking a job at the adventurer's guild.
Now, a few other things.
I said on another post but just in case you missed it: I've paused the charge for the month in part because as usual I'll be traveling at the end of it (as I do each year) and partly just in case I wind up working on other things. For some reason this is often the time of year I wind up hyperfixating on other projects, so in part I'm being cautious.
Somewhat related to this, because I know some people aren't interested in or can't do monthly recurring charges, but do want some ways to show their support, I've started up a page. I know it's more aimed at streamers, and I honestly feel really embarrassed basically asking for gifts, but I settled on this for a few reasons.
One, I loaded it with things I think will give me inspiration or help me write Devious World, rather than just any random stuff I wanted. (Well, one or two of those too, I admit, just small stuff.) Two, it is a way for people to give one-time support so they don't feel obligated to a recurring subscription. And three, the thought that really decided me, was that this is a good way for people to actually suggest content they want. If there's a book or a movie or something that you're hoping to see more content of or like, suggesting it as a gift is one way to potentially inspire me towards it; I can't promise anything, since that's not the way my brain works, but it's worked plenty of times before.
Fourth, well, my birthday is this month, so, y'know.
As usual with anything donation-related, I'm not pressuring anyone or urging anyone, and absolutely make sure you're good yourself before putting anything forward for me. It's purely there if you feel you want to show your support that way.
Anyway, whew, that was a long one. I'll sign off for now, and see you guys on the tenth for the next incremental probably.

Google Drive:

Mega:

2.90 star(s) 53 Votes