Ren'Py [DevThread] Alexia's Return or Tara's Liberation

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Whenever trying to retreat and take rest it says game ends. Without rest how could we regenerate stamina bro ??
Basically, how resting is meant to work is as follows: The first three times Tara rests in the temple, she has a vision. After those three visions, subsequent rests just advance the day count. Before moving up a floor, a rest needs to happen (but eg resting twice on the first floor means she could then go to the second floor and thereafter to the third floor without having to rest again).

As only two night visions are implemented so far, the game ends when Tara rests for the third time. It is very feasible to reach the end of the third floor with just resting twice. Some hints:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020
Basically, how resting is meant to work is as follows: The first three times Tara rests in the temple, she has a vision. After those three visions, subsequent rests just advance the day count. Before moving up a floor, a rest needs to happen (but eg resting twice on the first floor means she could then go to the second floor and thereafter to the third floor without having to rest again).

As only two night visions are implemented so far, the game ends when Tara rests for the third time. It is very feasible to reach the end of the third floor with just resting twice. Some hints:

Update is very short. I hoped for some more.

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020
Thanks, I found the issue. The enemy was supposed to be a room earlier (so that is where his picture is). Luckily, just an isolated typo, nothing indicative of a more complicated problem.
Update is very short. I hoped for some more.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Thanks to everyone who helped with the testing. I hope between us, we found all bugs - and if so, they're all quite minor. I'm preparing the release version now.

If you've played everything 0.10beta had to offer, there isn't really anything new for you in 0.10; and once 0.11 comes around, your 0.10beta save games will be perfectly fine - with one possible exception related to the Warlord encounter.

Reactions: nikcha

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, with 0.11 being in the works and due to complete Chapter 3, I'd like to share my plans for Chapter 4. If you want to talk me out of something, now is the moment. Mild spoilers follow!

Setup-wise, we'll return to the format of Ch1+2, where the main interaction is selecting a daily event from a list of offerings. Different days will have different themes, rather than there being one single list of possible events. It is plausible that some events may be minigames rather than sex scenes. Definitely nothing speed-based, but some puzzles might work well.

After Tara has liberated herself (Ch1), her friends and neighbours (Ch2) and her goddess (Ch3), Chapter 4 will be about liberation of the realm. Tara takes charge as Countess and Highpriestess, and will have to handle spiritual as well as secular matters. Of course, she'll also be busy with her harem (family members, dog, Barbara, Susi). This gives 3 themes, and more will follow with later updates.

The relevant stats will be something like Harmony (I don't like the name, suggest something better please!), Wealth, Prosperity and Liberation.

Harmony is about Tara's domestic matters. Are all her lovers happy? Are the children looked after? Etc. More children will decrease Harmony, and you'll need to get it back up before even more children are conceived. This is primarily meant to act as a natural brake to avoid Tara (and co) to just have a gazillion children asap.

Wealth is a currency, earned and spend. For example, Tara might earn some wealth by negotiating a trade treaty (sex scene) or auditing tax records (mini game), and then spend it to hire a maid to improve Harmony, and thereby be able to have another baby.

Prosperity is how well the realm is doing. Ruling wisely, and investing wealth into longterm projects will improve it. High prosperity will make Tara more popular as a ruler, and might make events that in turn give more wealth more likely. Prosperity decreases are possible, but this is something you'll want to get up in the long term. Basically, Prosperity is about how well Tara does as secular ruler.

Liberation is now about the realm-wide sexual liberation. Similar to Chapter 2, you'll increase it by inspiring citizens to engage in daring sexual acts. Higher values will enable Tara to be more upfront over her own activities, and will be requisites for more events to become possible. Basically, Liberation is about well Tara does as Highpriestess.

There will be a "Military Readiness"-stat to come with a later update, as Tara will need to keep her people safe from bandits and Zandor's zealots.

Pregnancy-wise, we'll get a dynamic system in Chapter 4. Tara will alternate between being pregnant and not being pregnant, with scenes only being available if she's in the right state. Tara can have multiple (human) children, but will need to gather enough "Harmony" to make her large family work.

Things I'm not sure about yet:

Should Miri have dynamic human offspring, too? (She'll definitely have two human babies). Do all babies related to Tara count (eg, the one sired by the count on his maid), or just her own babies?

What about puppies? There definitely will be puppies. There will be at least two puppies, in fact. But should there be a dynamic system, where there is a list of dogs living with Tara, and who their parents are, and Tara can just pick a dog to fuck, get pregnant, and thereby add another dog to the list? Or is better to have fewer puppies, each with a "personalized" event detailing their conception and ancestry? [I tend to "all dogs are male, and children between a male dog and a female human are always male dogs again for how this works. Hybrids are planned, but just not dog-hybrids.]

Chapter 4 is the bulk of what is still to come. Chapter 5 is essentially about the ending.

jcbchris

Dec 26, 2020
Maybe concord rather than harmony? The word still the same tho and
So, with 0.11 being in the works and due to complete Chapter 3, I'd like to share my plans for Chapter 4. If you want to talk me out of something, now is the moment. Mild spoilers follow!

Setup-wise, we'll return to the format of Ch1+2, where the main interaction is selecting a daily event from a list of offerings. Different days will have different themes, rather than there being one single list of possible events. It is plausible that some events may be minigames rather than sex scenes. Definitely nothing speed-based, but some puzzles might work well.

After Tara has liberated herself (Ch1), her friends and neighbours (Ch2) and her goddess (Ch3), Chapter 4 will be about liberation of the realm. Tara takes charge as Countess and Highpriestess, and will have to handle spiritual as well as secular matters. Of course, she'll also be busy with her harem (family members, dog, Barbara, Susi). This gives 3 themes, and more will follow with later updates.

The relevant stats will be something like Harmony (I don't like the name, suggest something better please!), Wealth, Prosperity and Liberation.

Harmony is about Tara's domestic matters. Are all her lovers happy? Are the children looked after? Etc. More children will decrease Harmony, and you'll need to get it back up before even more children are conceived. This is primarily meant to act as a natural brake to avoid Tara (and co) to just have a gazillion children asap.

Wealth is a currency, earned and spend. For example, Tara might earn some wealth by negotiating a trade treaty (sex scene) or auditing tax records (mini game), and then spend it to hire a maid to improve Harmony, and thereby be able to have another baby.

Prosperity is how well the realm is doing. Ruling wisely, and investing wealth into longterm projects will improve it. High prosperity will make Tara more popular as a ruler, and might make events that in turn give more wealth more likely. Prosperity decreases are possible, but this is something you'll want to get up in the long term. Basically, Prosperity is about how well Tara does as secular ruler.

Liberation is now about the realm-wide sexual liberation. Similar to Chapter 2, you'll increase it by inspiring citizens to engage in daring sexual acts. Higher values will enable Tara to be more upfront over her own activities, and will be requisites for more events to become possible. Basically, Liberation is about well Tara does as Highpriestess.

There will be a "Military Readiness"-stat to come with a later update, as Tara will need to keep her people safe from bandits and Zandor's zealots.

Pregnancy-wise, we'll get a dynamic system in Chapter 4. Tara will alternate between being pregnant and not being pregnant, with scenes only being available if she's in the right state. Tara can have multiple (human) children, but will need to gather enough "Harmony" to make her large family work.

Should Miri have dynamic human offspring, too? (She'll definitely have two human babies). Do all babies related to Tara count (eg, the one sired by the count on his maid), or just her own babies?

What about puppies? There definitely will be puppies. There will be at least two puppies, in fact. But should there be a dynamic system, where there is a list of dogs living with Tara, and who their parents are, and Tara can just pick a dog to fuck, get pregnant, and thereby add another dog to the list? Or is better to have fewer puppies, each with a "personalized" event detailing their conception and ancestry? [I tend to "all dogs are male, and children between a male dog and a female human are always male dogs again for how this works. Hybrids are planned, but just not dog-hybrids.]

Chapter 4 is the bulk of what is still to come. Chapter 5 is essentially about the ending.
1. Maybe Concord? It's still harmony tho lol or just said it Love. What I imagine is the more Tara have "extra" relationship, the more she need to maintain it. Like have to have sex or fulfill some kink/fetish of her lovers every week or something (you can put a lot of smut content in here since you can put it random scene and can be build standalone and not affecting main story unless you want to), but since she has limited time per day or per week so she need to be wised or picky for some amount of time about who she have sex or something. Also maybe if she is pregnant she can't participate in certain kink or something so player need to be mindful and not just go on sexual rampage.

2. I think Miri should have her own saga. If she want to be a slut, a (cheating) wife, or something else entirely (maybe made her the antagonist of Tara plan by being captured by another sexy hunk god like Alexia and start another arc to save her or something).

3. I don't think you should overconfuse with if the girls or boys offsprings have their familial title or status unless you want to made a story about it. Just made it (if female) as acolyte of the Temple (that has one job and that is to breed Tara the military she need lol) or (if male) the breeder and also the soldier.

4. For the dog, I think only they who have been blessed by Alexia can be pregnant by non human or something and the offspring would be an animal or non human too to avoid confusion. Maybe for side story, some people including Tara can produce hybrid (werewolf, centaur, minotaur, halfdragon, etc). So many idea tho lol. Also I hope the bestial contents would include male to female animal including pregnancy (since I know a lot of discreet people in certain forum would love that too lol.)

Anyway that's my tho about what you have to said about your next chapter and questions. Take it with a bit of grain of salt since idk your limitation and what plan you already have in mind, but it's great that you seek opinion on your user. Keep up the good work and I will see your next big thing.

Medic12700

Jan 20, 2019
Hi there, when I downloaded the update I started a new game and tried the temple using regular setting vs easy. When i win three fights it wont give me perks, i get an error message and then "after the next fight Tara will get a perk" and with the next fight its the error screen again with the message repeated. any thoughts?

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Hi there, when I downloaded the update I started a new game and tried the temple using regular setting vs easy. When i win three fights it wont give me perks, i get an error message and then "after the next fight Tara will get a perk" and with the next fight its the error screen again with the message repeated. any thoughts?
You need the script fix, linked in the first post over at the game thread.

Medic12700

Jan 20, 2019
Are you on discord or patreon etc? And thank you! Fix worked!

Also, is there a key for the chest in room 32 that i can't find?

Last edited:

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020

Awesome planning can't wait to see chapter 4. Also mix incest and bestiality as much as you can. We want a major update. And take a co-worker with you create patreon.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, I really shouldn't have, but I spend all of yesterday and today on working on the next update. Well, if you're in the flow, you're in the flow. For you guys that means I am actually uploading the beta version right now. In a few minutes, I'll update this post with the links. Download both .rpa files and put them into the "game"-folder of your v0.10 installation, and overwrite the scripts.rpa file.

Upgrade 0.10 -> 0.11beta:
Scripts:
Media-content:

What the update offers:
- Third night in the temple. One of 8 different scenes depending on your choices there, and who the father of Tara's baby is (of course, plenty of opportunities to have stuff mixed up. Please let me know what route you have taken when reporting in.)
- 4th floor of the temple. Includes 5 sex scenes, two of which are only available if you've made the "right" choices before. For one scene, you need to have befriended the Warlord on the 3rd Floor. For the other scene, you need to have seduced the 4 rats on Floors 1,2,3..
- Finale of Chapter 3 (this was supposed to have some extra parts if you didn't pick "easy" for the temple, but it didn't fit the flow. So the "reward scene" will come later.)

Last edited:

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
The update fails. As soon as Tara goes up the stairs, an exception occurs and and it just keeps looping at that point. There is one file besides the scripts one, are there supposed to be more?
Could you copy the error message in here, please?

Teloric

Mar 25, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapter3-mechanics.rpy", line 486, in execute
  File "game/chapter3-mechanics.rpy", line 548, in execute
  File "game/chapter3-mechanics.rpy", line 548, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapter3-mechanics.rpyc", line 251, in script call
  File "chapter3-mechanics.rpyc", line 177, in script call
  File "chapter3-selector.rpyc", line 27, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1443, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1684, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2762, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/chapter3-mechanics.rpy", line 548, in execute
  File "game/chapter3-mechanics.rpy", line 548, in <module>
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Tara's Liberation or Alexia's Return 0.11beta
Sun Mar 12 06:49:24 2023

Teloric

Mar 25, 2021
There are two more exceptions after that one, then it says she has no more visions. Then when you continue, it just cycles through the three exceptions and the no more visions screen.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
There are two more exceptions after that one, then it says she has no more visions. Then when you continue, it just cycles through the three exceptions and the no more visions screen.
Thanks. I think I know what the problem is, but not how it could come to be. I've tried to add a fix, but of course, not understanding the issue completely might mean I don't know how to fix it either. If you're willing to give it another try, please try this updated script.rpa file:

(Basically, I suspect that your game state doesn't include the information whether or not the map of Floor 4 is available. But I can't spot how it could have the information for Floor 3 but not Floor 4. The fix now will add information about the 4th floor when loading a new game while in Chapter 3 if there is only information for the first three floors.)

origeee

Feb 21, 2020
Imho the map should be free. When you start running in circles it gets frustrating after awhile.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote