Ren'Py [DevThread] Alexia's Return or Tara's Liberation

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
And Horatius' family arc is complete. When testing it, I was surprised by how NTRish the result felt to me. It's about helping Horatius to break down his sister's marriage to an asshole, with some twists in it. It is a bit darker than the other stuff, but I hope most of you will enjoy the variety, and the others can just skip it.

This milestone means that (other than reshooting Daniel scenes) I get to move on to having Tara being visibly pregnant for the epilogue of Chapter 2.

just hope for more futa scenes
There haven't been any futa scenes so far. Jana is a trans woman. The kind of alchemy the wise woman and her ilk can perform should be able to mimic HRT, but a vaginoplastic seems beyond what is fitting in the setting. Thus, Jana is left with breasts and a penis.

However, when Tara gets her powerup in Chapter 3, the ability to grow a cock when she needs one will probably be part of it. (Totally stolen from Tales of Terrara). I don't want to overuse it though. Current plan is that growing a cock is only for Tara wanting to knock someone up. But I only have a vague plan for what exactly happens in Chapter 4.

Reactions: Hibikiki

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Chapter 2 Epilogue is done. I still have the "try to get pregnant from Daniel"-scene to reshoot. And I spontaneously decided to add an extra random scene (Daniel is getting it on with Rex). But 0.07X should come out this weekend.

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Chapter 2 Epilogue is done. I still have the "try to get pregnant from Daniel"-scene to reshoot. And I spontaneously decided to add an extra random scene (Daniel is getting it on with Rex). But 0.07X should come out this weekend.
Will that version finally be caught up in content with the uncensored version?

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Will that version finally be caught up in content with the uncensored version?
No, there are still a couple of scenes I'll need to reshoot later (reshooting is boring compared to adding new stuff):

1. Tara, Daniel and Rex visit pregnant Barbara (concluding her liberation arc)
2. Tara and Daniel visit the Count
3. Tara has fun with Daniel and Rex; or Tara has fun with Daniel while Miri takes care of Rex
4. Daniel and Miri take a break from their chores

So while one can reach the end of Chapter 2 in 0.07X, there will be more Chapter 2 content coming in 0.08 (at least for those who never played any uncensored update after 0.03). I might add some genuinely new scenes, too, if I get any good ideas. Another prostitution scene maybe?

In parallel to working on 0.08, I'm anticipating a stand-alone tech demo for Chapter 3.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Update is imminent! Here is the beta, in case anyone volunteers to help looking for typos/bugs:

Changelog:
- "Horatius' family"-liberation arc is complete
- Chapter 2 Epilogue is available (ends the chapter, and contains scenes with pregnant Tara and all her core LIs)
- The "make an investment"-event (needed to reach the epilogue), togther with a pop quiz
- Random scene: Rex bothers Daniel while he is trying to cook breakfast (this scene makes it possible to actually get Miri's anal scene from the last update in a fresh game)

Technical addition: You can now change Daniel's and Miri's age from their stats screen.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Markimus01

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
To my own surprise, I really enjoyed starting the coding for Chapter 3. The basic framework is already there. Thus, I can already ask for feedback on the game play for Chapter 3 (I had explained the idea earlier). There aren't really visuals yet, with one exception: If you reach the end of the demo floor, you actually get a sex scene.

Tara Tech Demo:
PC
Android

I haven't given much thought to balancing the enemies yet. The "Pair of Skeletons" is probably a bit too strong (or there needs to be more stuff to grow stronger before them). But it is possible to reach the end with a bit of luck and smart play. The main aspects I'd love some input on is whether the system makes sense, whether it could be fun, and whether Tara's base attack set works out.

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
To my own surprise, I really enjoyed starting the coding for Chapter 3. The basic framework is already there. Thus, I can already ask for feedback on the game play for Chapter 3 (I had explained the idea earlier). There aren't really visuals yet, with one exception: If you reach the end of the demo floor, you actually get a sex scene.

Tara Tech Demo:
PC
Android

I haven't given much thought to balancing the enemies yet. The "Pair of Skeletons" is probably a bit too strong (or there needs to be more stuff to grow stronger before them). But it is possible to reach the end with a bit of luck and smart play. The main aspects I'd love some input on is whether the system makes sense, whether it could be fun, and whether Tara's base attack set works out.
Is this for the dungeon crawling section you mentioned?

Tosk

Jun 4, 2017
A way to track what remains in your deck would probably not go amiss. Especially if you plan to have the ability to add cards to the deck as the player moves along

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
A way to track what remains in your deck would probably not go amiss. Especially if you plan to have the ability to add cards to the deck as the player moves along
Thanks, I hadn't considered that option. What I had thought about was showing the deck in order, and dismissed it as revealing too much information. But making the game keep track of what cards have been used isn't adding information to the player, it just making it less cumbersome to remember.

This should definitely go in. I might go for various difficulty levels, in which case this functionality might be absent from higher levels.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
As I mentioned before, Chapter 3 is essentially a dungeon crawl. Because Alexia's Temple is an abandoned temple in the Indiana Jones/Lara Croft-fashion, not in a way that makes actual sense. There's fighting enemies, leveling up, collecting treasures and all that stuff. And of course sexy times, too.

I've now got my second tech demo for Chapter 3, and appreciate any feedback there is to offer. There are mostly no pictures so far, except for one scene to reward anyone making it to the end (same as in the first tech demo). Compared to the previous demo, I've made the UI more informative and some enemies a bit weaker. Importantly, I've decided that I want Tara to spend only a few days in the temple. For that reason, Tara now has more stamina, and if her attack deck is empty, it auto-refills (rather than forcing her to flee and rest).

PC:
Android:

Reactions: mojo211995

Tosk

Jun 4, 2017
Is this temple supposed to be a maze or a straight-forward path with a few branching rooms?

If it is a maze then I would highly suggest a button that opens a mini-map so the player can track progress.

If not a maze then I would at least suggest keeping the buttons in a certain order. Currently you had most rooms with the buttons in order of: Top button (go back/fight), Middle button (go forward), Bottom button (rest). But some rooms the middle button was go back and the top was go forward. This caused me to retreat back a room when I didn't intend to

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Is this temple supposed to be a maze or a straight-forward path with a few branching rooms?

If it is a maze then I would highly suggest a button that opens a mini-map so the player can track progress.

If not a maze then I would at least suggest keeping the buttons in a certain order. Currently you had most rooms with the buttons in order of: Top button (go back/fight), Middle button (go forward), Bottom button (rest). But some rooms the middle button was go back and the top was go forward. This caused me to retreat back a room when I didn't intend to
I'll need to think about maps. As a low-key effort from my side, I could include a map with room numbers as a static picture; and as the game tells the player in which room they are in, that should be okayish for finding the way.

What I have in mind for overall structure is a somewhat longer branching paths, but nothing genuinely maze-like.

The order of the buttons is by cardinal directions, I think in order "North, South, West, East" (followed by Fight, Seduce, Fuck Guardian, Interact with Special Stuff, Reroll attacks).

Thanks for testing again!

Tosk

Jun 4, 2017
A few more minor suggestions.
  • Please explain to the player the difference between Easy, Medium, and Hard.
    • If there are any differences in rewards between the levels planned please also make that clear.
  • How long until the next level.
  • What is our reaction speed? +1 reaction is a little vague if I don't know how much of an increase that is.

Reactions: FartingPenguin

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, I feel like I'm approaching a stable state for the game mechanics in Chapter 3. This might be the last demo, if it works out properly. It has
- the complete layout for the first floor of the temple
- a map (available on easy mode, or via perk)
- an optional explanation at the beginning of the game mechanics
- one more scene (Tara finds some new allies)

The overall plan is that the temple will consist of 4 floors (maybe 100 rooms in total?), and Tara would rest three times on an ideal playthrough. You have to rest before going up to the next floor, thus making 3 nights the minimum. Being (much) slower would come with a small penalty for the beginning of Chapter 4.

Tosk

Jun 4, 2017
All the enemies are called skeletons even when you use Draugr.
When attempting the first Obelisk challenge, Barbara is present in the room even if she has already withdrawn

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
All the enemies are called skeletons even when you use Draugr.
When attempting the first Obelisk challenge, Barbara is present in the room even if she has already withdrawn
Thanks for giving feedback once again! Ignoring the skeleton/Draugr distinction was kinda on purpose, but I've reconsidered. I suppose many/most people will be familiar enough with Skyrim lore to expect a difference. So there are new enemy types "Revenant" and "Pair of Revenants", who are slower but stronger than the skeletons. Also solves my annoyance with just having two different enemies on Level 1.

Barbara being considered was a bug I thought I fixed, but I failed to take into account how I've coded the absence of an ally.

El Buho

Nov 2, 2019
This "game" is so over the top excellent as far as lust, perversion, incest, shota and bestiality is concerned. Hard for anything to compare to it. Any plans or thoughts about doing a "game" with a more contemporary artwork instead of a kind of gothic ancient art style??

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote