VN Ren'Py Abandoned Dim the Lights [Ep. 5 v1.0] [Naughty Cat Entertainment]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

NaughtyCatEnt.

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2021
Loved the game so far. One thing bugs me is the long hair of mc. Looks really weird. Maybe give him a short haircut. And dialogues can be bit childish sometimes like, a kid would write.
Actually I think the same for the length of the hair, maybe I can trim it a little bit... Have to see the options of the hair :)
amazing game,very intriguing storyline and im crazy in love for Nicole:love::p NaughtyCatEnt. Keep the good job and thx :cool:(y)
If I were you, I would wait to see the daughters before falling in love with Nicole! :LOL: You know... apple doesn't fall far from the tree and you will feel like you are hit by a truck when you'll see Bella, one hell of a bombshell! :cool:

Thank you both for your kind words! <3

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Honestly this was already borderline for me as the story is dull and writing overly indulgent but when the MC starts waxing poetic about feet I knew I was done. Now he's not only a spoiled entitled punk who basically starts raping a girl he just met but he's also a foot fetishist.

NaughtyCatEnt.

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2021
Honestly this was already borderline for me as the story is dull and writing overly indulgent but when the MC starts waxing poetic about feet I knew I was done. Now he's not only a spoiled entitled punk who basically starts raping a girl he just met but he's also a foot fetishist.
Well... I like some harmless fetishes and I do respect people who are fetishist! I strongly believe that spices up people's sex life. Anyway, not every story is meant for everyone, I'm sure you'll find something good for your taste.

Ciao...

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
You don't like foot fetishes that's cool, I'm also not a fan of that..but that doesn't mean you need to kink shame someone that does ...just an idea
with the rape...it's and it's not but yes I do agree...I wasn't a fan of that scene either...
But still..with all of that..I still think this is a wonderful VN.
But better if you come to the conclusion that it's not for you now and not after x many updates.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NaughtyCatEnt.
May 24, 2020
I don't know if the dev is a native english speaker. The word 'hence' isn't used while talking about something that has been previously mentioned. There's an exchange thats like "why are you wearing a suit?" "Because I had some business to take care of, hence the suit." That's not a direct quote but it captures it in essence. Hence should be used like "What's the weather outside?" "Pouring rain, hence the umbrella." Hence is a word that I always feel is used to make things more wordy and is almost never needed. Like the statement "As you know". The gripe amounts to nothing in the long term, it just feels like overly official dialogue when informal would likely be used.

NaughtyCatEnt.

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2021
I don't know if the dev is a native english speaker. The word 'hence' isn't used while talking about something that has been previously mentioned. There's an exchange thats like "why are you wearing a suit?" "Because I had some business to take care of, hence the suit." That's not a direct quote but it captures it in essence. Hence should be used like "What's the weather outside?" "Pouring rain, hence the umbrella." Hence is a word that I always feel is used to make things more wordy and is almost never needed. Like the statement "As you know". The gripe amounts to nothing in the long term, it just feels like overly official dialogue when informal would likely be used.
Hello TheLonelyGhost ! No, I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you for sparing your time to correct the misuse of "hence". If you wouldn't have pointed the mistake, I'd probably repeat it again on the next episode! :p

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
dictionary is not based on your feelings...

why are you wearing a suit?" "Because I had some business to take care of, hence the suit "
"Because I had some business to take care of , THEREFORE the suit"
does it fit?
Yes...so move on with your non-existent complaint....

May 24, 2020
dictionary is not based on your feelings...

why are you wearing a suit?" "Because I had some business to take care of, hence the suit "
"Because I had some business to take care of , THEREFORE the suit"
does it fit?
Yes...so move on with your non-existent complaint....
Just because it's grammatically correct doesn't mean it should be used there. I could use hence in about every sentence and it would be correct, but that doesn't mean it sounds good in dialogue between people that know each other. Therefore sounds just as bad. "why are you wearing a suit?" "Because I had some business to take care of, hence the suit ". You don't need to qualify or add tag ons. Simple question, simple answer. My opinions aren't based on your feelings either bub.

• Angry
Reactions: botc76
May 24, 2020
Hello TheLonelyGhost ! No, I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you for sparing your time to correct the misuse of "hence". If you wouldn't have pointed the mistake, I'd probably repeat it again on the next episode! :p
I figured and that's okay! English sucks to use and translate into so I understand. It's just a coloquial gripe that I have with a lot of other translated games too, nothing personal.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Just because it's grammatically correct doesn't mean it should be used there. I could use hence in about every sentence and it would be correct, but that doesn't mean it sounds good in dialogue between people that know each other. Therefore sounds just as bad. "why are you wearing a suit?" "Because I had some business to take care of, hence the suit ". You don't need to qualify or add tag ons. Simple question, simple answer. My opinions aren't based on your feelings either bub.

Hence is a word that I always feel

Read that again ...slowly...

feel your words somewhere else I would say.....

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
Hey, TheLonelyGhost, how did the VN read in the Dev's native language? I bet it read just fine, didn't it?

Many of us here are English only speakers including ashamedly myself. We are fortunate that English has become over the years the primary language, requiring those for whom it is not the first language to do their best to convey what they wish to say in as close to English as they can manage.

I have total admiration for anyone who can speak or write in a language other than their own, even if that means using Google translate or some other aid. Whenever confronted with a VN in broken English or grammatically incorrect, I use my brain to figure it out and move on. Many Devs are lucky enough to find English-speaking checkers among their audience who are able and willing to help correct such issues, but many as we know are not so lucky.

None of us should criticize the Devs for language-based errors in spelling, construction or grammar. It's our choice whether we contribute towards a project, but regardless of whether we decide to do so or not, we effectively undertake to accept the Dev's offering "as is" imperfections included. Anything else is, in my opinion, would be selfish or, at worst, arrogant.

We should all be tolerant and above all grateful, as so many of course already are, that we are able to enjoy what the Dev has spent much time and amazing effort creating for us and should match in both spirit and attitude, the generosity with which the gift of each creator's genius is offered.

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
I'm sorry if "hence" is too snobbishly informal for your tastes, LonelyGhost. Lol. The way in which it was used was perfectly fine and you listing a gripe saying it's not the accepted way of dialogue is hardly a criticism of much substance, HENCE our reaction.

Hence is what we would call a transition word. Those words exist so sentences and overall dialogue can flow smoother. Otherwise, we would just live in a world of choppy conversation. NaughtyCatEnt. you are perfectly fine in this regard

I honestly did not think of the possibility of using Google Translate as an aid while writing my initial review so if you did, that would mitigate my concerns of forced poetry so I do apologize in that regard

Andrewwood

Aug 7, 2019
No incest patch on the horizon but there will be an MC name change update with the next episode.
I get that they are not blood relation, and that fine. But really she has raised him from a young age, and he still calls her "Mrs. Skye" that's not even close to realistic. It is very distracting, and makes the verbiage difficult to read in the manner that it should be read. If this is the case he should call the two other girls "the younger Miss Skye" and having been raised with them throughout their childhood would be ridiculous.
really enjoy this VN, the renderings are OP just some of the verbiage gets in the way of full emersion.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
I get that they are not blood relation, and that fine. But really she has raised him from a young age, and he still calls her "Mrs. Skye" that's not even close to realistic. It is very distracting, and makes the verbiage difficult to read in the manner that it should be read. If this is the case he should call the two other girls "the younger Miss Skye" and having been raised with them throughout their childhood would be ridiculous.
really enjoy this VN, the renderings are OP just some of the verbiage gets in the way of full emersion.
I kinda like the Mrs Skye thing. It's kind of deliberately respectful, kind of gentlemanly, especially because it's really not necessary but probably also attempts to remind the mc at all times of the reality of their situation (she's married).

I felt the same about "Sinful Delicacies" when the mc called the lady Mrs Reigns (what a major league babe she is :love::love::love:).
I like it. A lot. :)

NaughtyCatEnt.

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2021
Thank you very much for your kind words Andrewwood , I appreciate it. Please read the comment below, I have the answer for your statement there :)
I kinda like the Mrs Skye thing. It's kind of deliberately respectful, kind of gentlemanly, especially because it's really not necessary but probably also attempts to remind the mc at all times of the reality of their situation (she's married).
You got me Gosamr :p That's exactly why I often used to call her Mrs.Skye on episode 1 & 2 (to make MC remember there has to be a distance between the two because MC sees her in a different way) but then I realised it's just becoming too much and it also started to get on my nerves lol. Now it happens once in a while, just like how it may happen in a normal life. If you have played episode 3, you should have noticed the change already.

Reactions: BTLD

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
You got me Gosamr :p That's exactly why I often used to call her Mrs.Skye on episode 1 & 2 (to make MC remember there has to be a distance between the two because MC sees her in a different way) but then I realised it's just becoming too much and it also started to get on my nerves lol. Now it happens once in a while, just like how it may happen in a normal life. If you have played episode 3, you should have noticed the change already.
Well, I still like it. It's different, it's endearing and I'll miss the resulting respect afforded the lovely lady, even though I shall no doubt be unable to resist defrocking her and doing the villainous deed if, or rather when, she allows the opportunity to arise (as the lady, deep down inside, cannot of course wait to occur).

Call me hypocrite, throw your tomatoes, I shall not even attempt to defend myself, but shall wear my pips, as always, with as much grace and dignity as the situation ever allows.

Andrewwood

Aug 7, 2019
Well, I still like it. It's different, it's endearing and I'll miss the resulting respect afforded the lovely lady, even though I shall no doubt be unable to resist defrocking her and doing the villainous deed if, or rather when, she allows the opportunity to arise (as the lady, deep down inside, cannot of course wait to occur).

Call me hypocrite, throw your tomatoes, I shall not even attempt to defend myself, but shall wear my pips, as always, with as much grace and dignity as the situation ever allows.
yes but realize that at some point he is going to be bedding her and calling her "Mrs. Skye" then will just be rubbing her nose in to the fact that she is cheating on her husband. not to respectful, or gentlemanly.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
yes but realize that at some point he is going to be bedding her and calling her "Mrs. Skye" then will just be rubbing her nose in to the fact that she is cheating on her husband. not to respectful, or gentlemanly.
What do you think I meant by "call me hypocrite"? The method of address is respectful, the underlying intent to remove her dress is the complete opposite as I think we both agree.

However, the removal of the dress and what, from that point on, must inevitably follow is the point at which respect and gentlemanly conduct ends, so its pointless to keep up the pretense thereafter anyway.

Besides, having willfully decided to cheat, I say the lady damn well deserves to forfeit any further expectation of respect and gentlemanly behavior on my part and to have her nose rubbed firmly in her betrayal. Just because I lured the lady in the direction of betrayal does not make me the true villain of the dance (as they say, one cannot tango alone).

No, in spite of constant reminders that she is indeed "Mrs Skye", it is the lady's decision and hers alone to ultimately drop her defenses, along with other no doubt lavishly lacy accoutrements, that kicks the whole despicably delightful event off. Unless she agrees or wants it to happen, it never takes place for that would be, at least as far as I understand the subject, rape.

It's not the siege that brings about the Queen's surrender, but her raising of the portcullis that ultimately brings her, perhaps, to her knees...so to speak ;).

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes