Others Dirty Chatting [v0.11] [Mimir Games]

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
bannerv2.png

Overview:
This is an immersive, narrative game played through a simulated computer.
Chat with different characters, browse through their social media feeds, collect their pictures !
You will have access to several apps simulating different kinds of social media (direct messages, picture/story sharing, camming, etc.)
The most important app will be your gallery, featuring powerful image editing tools that will allow you to peer through hidden layers and uncover clues about the characters !​

Thread Updated: 2024-03-26
Release Date: 2024-03-25
Developer: Mimir Games - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.11
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - - - -

messages2.PNG facegram.PNG gallery4.gif messages.PNG home.png

Last edited:

archipote

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2021
Lot of amazing ideas, but i find it really hard to follow the story on a big monitor as the messages are opposite. Is the game designed for an Android experience?

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Thank you all for your kind words !

No MacOS? :(
The framework does support macOS deployment, so I'll try to look into it.

Lot of amazing ideas, but i find it really hard to follow the story on a big monitor as the messages are opposite. Is the game designed for an Android experience?
I'm not entirely sure to understand what you mean by "the messages are opposite". Do you mean that sent and received messages are very far apart when played on a large monitor ?
The game UI is meant to be responsive but there might be some weird stuff going on at very large or very small sizes. I will try to make it look pretty on any resolution !

Reactions: g6107419

archipote

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2021
Thank you all for your kind words !

The framework does support macOS deployment, so I'll try to look into it.

I'm not entirely sure to understand what you mean by "the messages are opposite". Do you mean that sent and received messages are very far apart when played on a large monitor ?
The game UI is meant to be responsive but there might be some weird stuff going on at very large or very small sizes. I will try to make it look pretty on any resolution !
Yep, i'm on a 32" monitor and I had to stop because my neck would have snapped from moving from left to right to read the messages. Since you're using an Android UI, I don't know how hard it would be to get something like an option to go in portrait mode instead of landscape? Or just bring the messages closer together/put them on the same level i'd say

Anyway, very interesting, can't wait to follow your progress!

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Yep, i'm on a 32" monitor and I had to stop because my neck would have snapped from moving from left to right to read the messages. Since you're using an Android UI, I don't know how hard it would be to get something like an option to go in portrait mode instead of landscape? Or just bring the messages closer together/put them on the same level i'd say

Anyway, very interesting, can't wait to follow your progress!
Good to know, I'm not extensively testing various screen sizes so this kind of issues can slip through. I will experiment with various message bubble size/positioning.
In the meantime, know that you can still resize the window to any dimension you like if you disable fullscreen ! The UI is (mostly) responsive so you can experiment and see if you find a size and shape that fit you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: archipote

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Why do I neet to update Microsoft NET to play this?
It pops up an error on launch saying I don't haveversion 0.7 or later
The desktop build targets indeed .NET 7.0. A lot of people will have those runtimes already installed for being required by software they previously installed, but it looks like you did not. Recent Windows versions comes preinstalled with the runtimes for .NET 4.8, but not this one.
It's a software framework for desktop applications, maintained by Microsoft themselves. The runtimes are a very short download and allow you to run software targeting those versions.
You can find a link in the "Installation" section of the thread, but I'm pretty sure the error message you got already points you to the correct link !

It's similar to how some games require you to install Visual C++ redistributables/Direct 3D runtimes

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes