Ren'Py Dissonance [v0.10 P1 Public] [L_Elyot]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
1669909106289.png

Overview:
Dissonance is an on-going visual novel where you follow Toru Hirai as he attempts to readjust to his life after a coma. Throughout the story, you'll find yourself interacting with and deepening your connections with several characters as you explore Ametohi. And there's no need to be picky about where you go and when, after all, you'll have plenty of time!​

Thread Updated: 2024-04-24
Release Date: 2024-04-24
Developer: L_Elyot - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.10 - Part 1 Public
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Patch Only: - - - -

Extras:
Spanish Translation*

1669909577743.png 1669909583667.png 1669909589474.png 1669909597271.png momoe_vis_bas.png festmovie_27.png festshower_3.png
nadenuroff_26.png sleepover3_14.png yoshieclose_14.png chiyoservicebar.png afterthefall_12.png suzurest_15.png minamiroom_14.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 21, 2022
They've got an adult content warning at the beginning of the game, so maybe that stuff is planned for later on?
Ah I guess that's the case then. I appreciate a dev doing a slow burn game and not being afraid of the "no sexual content" tag because otherwise you'd end up with shoehorned in scenes specifically for the sake of avoiding that tag like lessons in love did when it first came out.

Reactions: DrFree

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018
That is a very minimalist description and tag list. Girls look nice though, albeit a bit same-faced.

VenustusAltus

Jan 6, 2021
The MC wasn't in a coma for a month and a half if they were in a coma from mid-April to May 2nd, they were in a coma for half a month, three weeks at most. Also, calling the city 'xxx' just comes off as if you couldn't come up with a good name, might be better to name the city and have MC respond that he doesn't recognise the name. Also, it would be nice to be able to rename the MC. Still, great start to the game and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
visit different locations no thanks.jpg

I'll pass.gif

Well it was fine up to this point, format-wise. I'd prefer a non-sandbox/non-timed-event Visual Novel with story choices. Other than that, it's just added pointless mouse-clicking. I'm not going to get immersed in locations or this town. Heck, the town doesn't even have a name. And I'm not going to do "repeatable events" either. That's filler that pretends at being content. Content is a set of custom scenes bringing the story and relationships forward, like a book or movie.

So it was mildly interesting up to this point, thanks for that.

cheers_law_and_order.gif

Last edited:

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Some people have already mentioned their distaste for the sandbox element, and I definitely get it, but I think it'll work out okay. Maybe it's because I just expected this game to have it despite the lack of a mention of it in the tags, but I believe the sandbox element is appropriate, even if cliche. Tbh I saw it coming while we were still in the hospital and our cousin mentioned how close the dorms were to the hospital and how close they both were to the house.

As long as the event requirements don't become super fucking interconnected and arbitrary, it shouldn't be too bad. When the aesthetic and vibe of a VN is pleasing enough, the repeatable events sort of become relaxing for me once I'm properly invested and immersed in the story

Reactions: Apocalypse 420x

L_Elyot

Dissonance Dev
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2022
Oh hey, I was planning on making a post about it here sooner or later lol.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Great story so far!
Sandbox in novel games only fine if there is a guide option (this game seems to have it), especially if there is no points system, since its outdated as heck, for example Sensei Overnight pretty much got rid of it and feels just fine, no useless "ponts farm" and "missing out of an event because you didn't dedicated an hour to farm points for every character", the only way you may miss out on an event is if you make an OBVIOUS choice. Though the only choices I am for in games made by 1 person is flavor choices, since its quite hard to keep track on the consequences/dialog changes and waste time and effort in revising here and there to accomodate different choices that some people won't even see.

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes