Unity Abandoned District-7: Cyberpunk stories [v.20201014] [KRVC]

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
Hello there. I am a representative of CD Project.
It would seem like you somehow obtained version 1.0 of Cyberpunk 2077.
I'd like you to delet this thread and also inform everyone interested that we already prepared 200GB day one patch that will fix and add more features.
Thank you for understanding.
CEO of desing team Mr A. Hole.

xrnn

Jul 29, 2017
I'm having the same problem as the others here, game instantly crashes the moment I try to open it.
does the same if I try to launch it through the /game folder.

Jun 30, 2017
Game just crashes here as well, launcher updates but the game just get's a snippet of load then dies.

It doesn't seem to matter if you just download and launch the game directly through it's direct exe either.

DmiCorvus

Feb 3, 2019
I'm having the same problem as the others here, game instantly crashes the moment I try to open it.
does the same if I try to launch it through the /game folder.
Its okay, launcher not have troubles, but possible, and this version is new, launcher just check and skip now.
Troubles with game on you PC, and i dont know why, its have different reasons, usually if you system conform game requiremets its software problem. Maybe broken files or something block it, maybe need additions software - new versions drivers, net frameworks, vc_redist_x64.exe, etc, i dont know - usually system automatic update it. I cant provide support becouse i dont know how help. If troubles with software you can run something game on Unity in Steam, maybe its download if something need. But its game not need something special.

xrnn

Jul 29, 2017
Its okay, launcher not have troubles, but possible, and this version is new, launcher just check and skip now.
Troubles with game on you PC, and i dont know why, its have different reasons, usually if you system conform game requiremets its software problem. Maybe broken files or something block it, maybe need additions software - new versions drivers, net frameworks, vc_redist_x64.exe, etc, i dont know - usually system automatic update it. I cant provide support becouse i dont know how help. If troubles with software you can run something game on Unity in Steam, maybe its download if something need. But its game not need something special.
hmm, I do play unity games without any kind of problem, never really had a game instantly crash like that before.
also, due to the fact that many on this thread share the same problem, I do believe there's something else we're missing here.
could this possibly be related to the system locale? just trying to think of possible causes.

DmiCorvus

Feb 3, 2019
hmm, I do play unity games without any kind of problem, never really had a game instantly crash like that before.
also, due to the fact that many on this thread share the same problem, I do believe there's something else we're missing here.
could this possibly be related to the system locale? just trying to think of possible causes.
I think system locale not problem. Players play it with different locales. I check internet instant crash in popular games on unity like as (among as), but usually its without good answers too.
I never have errors in unity games, i dont know, its have error.log in game folder? I mean \DC7\Game folder.

PonyTales

Aug 1, 2020
i can open the game fine, make a character, but when i get in the game i get stopped at the door by the npc, she rattles off her dialog, then i cant move. none of the buttons do anything except ESC. ive tried 3 or 4 times before giving up.

DmiCorvus

Feb 3, 2019
i can open the game fine, make a character, but when i get in the game i get stopped at the door by the npc, she rattles off her dialog, then i cant move. none of the buttons do anything except ESC. ive tried 3 or 4 times before giving up.
Try use SPACEBAR, spacebar its regular dialog skip in VN games.

PonyTales

Aug 1, 2020
Yeah thats what i was doing. When all the dialog ends she says something about if i have questions for her or something and the dialog box disappears, then thats when i cant move.

DmiCorvus

Feb 3, 2019
Yeah thats what i was doing. When all the dialog ends she says something about if i have questions for her or something and the dialog box disappears, then thats when i cant move.
After dialog is ended, you mast see you answers part UI. If you can see it, can you say witch game resolution you use? I not check all screen resolutions.

PonyTales

Aug 1, 2020
ah that might be it, i was running it in windowed mode at 1024 x 768 just to test it out, ill try again in other resolutions.

PonyTales

Aug 1, 2020
ok i redownloaded to make sure it wasn't corrupted or something, and this time it updated then crashed. so i guess i have the same problem as others now.

DmiCorvus

Feb 3, 2019
You check it on 1024 x 768 too?
Maybe launcher sometimes broke files when...
Possible way - delete game, unzip game again, and run without launcher.

ADD: So many requests for my free update server, its have errors in logs, but i dont know, broke its files or no.

xrnn

Jul 29, 2017
You check it on 1024 x 768 too?
Maybe launcher sometimes broke files when...
Possible way - delete game, unzip game again, and run without launcher.

ADD: So many requests for my free update server, its have errors in logs, but i dont know, broke its files or no.
thanks. deleting everything, unzipping and launching through the game without using the launcher itself seems to indeed fix the crashing issue.
edit: it does seem to restrict multiplayer access though, as it asks me to update in order to connect to a server.

PonyTales

Aug 1, 2020
OK! redownloading and skipping the launcher and running in 1920 x 1080 full screen did the trick! Very interesting game, i like the atmosphere, looking forward to what this is gonna evolve into :)

Reactions: DmiCorvus

Shining Tower

Nov 22, 2017
Just from the overview I'm getting the sense that this is politically inspired. I hope I'm not the only one picking up on that.

DmiCorvus

Feb 3, 2019
Thanks for comments all. Its really help to develop. I remove Launcher in future. Launcher is tested and work fine, but not stability if players so many.